Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Viewing and using e-credits (DL's limited and confusing information)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Viewing and using e-credits (DL's limited and confusing information)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Question Viewing and using e-credits (DL's limited and confusing information)

1) Does anyone know how to view your e-credits, other than as part of the booking process; i.e., if I am not planning to travel anytime soon, but just want to view my accumulated credits to check expiration dates, can this be done? A search on the DL website, using DL search tool, provides no help.

I did find this thread, but it leaves unanswered questions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ts-dl-com.html

2) FWIW... I have found the DL search function to verge on worthless. It is more effective to use Google.

3) My search linked me to this "information" on a DL FAQ page:

"eCredits are transferable. To transfer an eCredit to someone else, you'll need to give them the original 13 digit voucher number and complete name as printed on the voucher receipt."

However... when I called SMS (or whatever they now call themselves) to inquire about my credits, I was told (emphatically, after pressing the point) that only one of my two credits was transferable.

Can anyone shed light on the discrepancy in the two DL opinions?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
1) Does anyone know how to view your e-credits, other than as part of the booking process; i.e., if I am not planning to travel anytime soon, but just want to view my accumulated credits to check expiration dates, can this be done? A search on the DL website, using DL search tool, provides no help.

I did find this thread, but it leaves unanswered questions:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ts-dl-com.html

2) FWIW... I have found the DL search function to verge on worthless. It is more effective to use Google.

3) My search linked me to this "information" on a DL FAQ page:

"eCredits are transferable. To transfer an eCredit to someone else, you'll need to give them the original 13 digit voucher number and complete name as printed on the voucher receipt."

However... when I called SMS (or whatever they now call themselves) to inquire about my credits, I was told (emphatically, after pressing the point) that only one of my two credits was transferable.

Can anyone shed light on the discrepancy in the two DL opinions?
1) As far as I know, the only way to view e-credits is to go through a booking process.

2) Is one of the credits you are looking to use a wholly unused e-ticket? If so, then it is not transferable. Now, if the ticket is worth $500 and you book a new ticket (same name) for $100, you then have a $400 e-credit that IS transferable, but only in this instance.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
As I stated in another thread, why should DL make it easy to view ecredits. Many credits are from VDB vouchers, if it is difficult to use, people are less likely to use those credits.

If your credit is from an IDB/VDB or another similar type credit, that is transferrable. If your credit is from an old ticket, that is NOT transferrable.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 5:18 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
How long do ecredits take to display in your account? I canceled the return of a trip that was scheduled for today earlier this afternoon and it has yet to display while searching for it. I should note I had been attempting to standby all afternoon but gave up and just bought a ticket on WN. Would being on standby cause a problem with the ecredit?

Does this warrant a call or should I wait for something to update overnight?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 5:52 pm

Programs: Not enough to count anymore
Keep track of the receipts for vouchers

I learned a very important lesson this week: Always keep the receipts to the e-DBCs until you have completely used and flown the value!

I had a 400 DBC from a bump that I used to pay for a ticket that was less than the DBC. The new ecredit, I found out, for some reason didnt link to my skymiles number as it should. When I went buy another ticket, I noticed that I was missing that new credit. I had to use the original credit number to find the new credit to use it - otherwise I would have been out that 100.00.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
1) As far as I know, the only way to view e-credits is to go through a booking process.

2) Is one of the credits you are looking to use a wholly unused e-ticket? If so, then it is not transferable. Now, if the ticket is worth $500 and you book a new ticket (same name) for $100, you then have a $400 e-credit that IS transferable, but only in this instance.
I had an eCredit in my GF's name, and I just attempted to make it transferable by booking her a $69 throwaway ticket yet I still cannot use the remainder for a ticket in my name. I've done this in the past with success. Delta's new voucher/credit transfer rules make this 100% impossible even for tickets issued before the rule change. I am so livid right now I don't know what to do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.