How do you cancel a refundable ticket?

Old Dec 19, 2008, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
How do you cancel a refundable ticket?

I want to cancel a ticket I bought on delta.com that is refundable (Y fare). I don't see any link on the reservation to cancel it. I did find a page to request a refund where you input the ticket number, so I did that. But there was no indication from that page saying that the associated reservation would be cancelled, and it still shows up under my active reservations?

So have I in effect requested to cancel it and refund it, or do I need to cancel it some other way first and then request the refund?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 4:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA-1K, Marriott-Gold, SPG-Gold, IC RA/Plat, Amtrak Select
Why not just call?
Old Dec 19, 2008, 5:21 pm

There is a request refund option on the left side of the page from Travel and Itens when u call up your iten.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by zman
There is a request refund option on the left side of the page from Travel and Itens when u call up your iten.
I have always had to call - YMMV.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
I try so hard to avoid having to deal with airline CS reps on the phone, but I guess I'll call.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 12:03 pm

Does Delta have a time limit on ticket cancellation to receive a refund on refundable fare? IOW, do you have to cancel a ticket a certain amount of time before the flight to be eligible for a refund or are they always refundable even if you miss the flight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.