FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger-489/)
-   -   Delta Seat Assignment Question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-skymiles-pre-worldperks-merger/897125-delta-seat-assignment-question.html)

emanon256 Dec 8, 2008 6:44 pm

Delta Seat Assignment Question

Hi all, I have never posted in Delta before, I actually rarely fly Delta. Recently I bout a ticket through my company on a Delta flight, and reserved a seat through my agency. When I go to the Delta website it shows my reservation, however it says no seat assigned. When I try to select a seat, they are all grayed out. It won’t let me pick a single seat. It does say that I am Sky team Elite, to they have my status and should let me pick and exit row etc, any ideas why it won’t let me?

ttjoseph Dec 8, 2008 6:48 pm

Is the flight on Delta metal or is it operated by another carrier?

emanon256 Dec 8, 2008 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ttjoseph (Post 10877807)
Is the flight on Delta metal or is it operated by another carrier?

I thought it was Delta operated, but just noticed its Operated by Delta Connection Carrier, Comair.

Smyrnaflyer Dec 8, 2008 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by emanon256 (Post 10877784)
Hi all, I have never posted in Delta before, I actually rarely fly Delta. Recently I bout a ticket through my company on a Delta flight, and reserved a seat through my agency. When I go to the Delta website it shows my reservation, however it says no seat assigned. When I try to select a seat, they are all grayed out. It won’t let me pick a single seat. It does say that I am Sky team Elite, to they have my status and should let me pick and exit row etc, any ideas why it won’t let me?

You can still select seats on Comair. It's probably that all the seats have been assigned or are being held for gate check-in. You will have to wait until check-in to get a seat.

MM/PM widget Dec 8, 2008 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Smyrnaflyer (Post 10877965)
You can still select seats on Comair. It's probably that all the seats have been assigned or are being held for gate check-in. You will have to wait until check-in to get a seat.

You should call Delta reservations to be sure however :cool:

cjd May 25, 2009 2:02 pm

My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help

Smyrnaflyer May 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by cjd (Post 11802580)
My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help

I can't imagine why you can't assign a seat. However, sometimes I try to book a ticket on the same itinerary and look at the seat map. It shows what seats are available for assignment.

iTanNicNic May 25, 2009 2:31 pm

If you can PM me flight and date info, I can take a look at it for you. That's a bit of an oddity.

cundo May 25, 2009 3:38 pm

I've had many times where my seat selections at booking never get honored at check-in. This is on delta.com for DL metal. I get even stranger things when I book on delta.com for NWA metal. I'm a Delta PM, too.

MeVoy May 25, 2009 6:59 pm

I have an identical situation, I think. See my post "Flight Seat Maps" on p.5, posted May 21. In my case, the original booking was on NW. I'd appreciate input from anyone who thinks they can clear this up, since I really do like to be able to look at my seat within the cabin and "fiddle" with it if need be.

benhamine Apr 17, 2011 8:55 am

delta/air france

i am flying sfo-cdg in business this summer. i selected seats on the delta website (flight is operated by air france), but when i look at the expedia seat selection, there is no person in the seat that i selected.

cmn.jcs Apr 17, 2011 9:02 am

Originally Posted by benhamine (Post 16233240)
i am flying sfo-cdg in business this summer. i selected seats on the delta website (flight is operated by air france), but when i look at the expedia seat selection, there is no person in the seat that i selected.

I would trust, in this order, the AF website, the DL website, and then Expedia. You should have an AF confirmation code. Go to the AF website and check there on your seat. If everything worked correctly, it should reflect the seat you chose on DL's website. If you don't have the code, call DL and ask for it.