delta live chat support

Subscribe
Does anyone know where to find the link to the Delta Live Chat Support on Delta's website? I know its there ...i used it yesterday...but now i cant find it!
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

It's a situational thing that only pops up when the site detects you could use it and it's available, AFAIK.
are you kidding me? how do they "know"...thats kind of scary
Quote: are you kidding me? how do they "know"...thats kind of scary
it seems to come up after a certain amount of mouse inactivity or time on a page
Per the Delta web developer who posts to FT occasionally (I'm too lazy to find the thread), you can search for a flight and hit "Start Over" on the results page. This should trigger the chat popup.

Making the chat popup always accessible is on the to-do list...
I'm not sure I would even bother. The chat is basically worthless anyway. The chat agent is not able to override online booking bugs unless you pay the $20 direct ticketing fee (just like you had called on the phone).
Quote: I'm not sure I would even bother. The chat is basically worthless anyway. The chat agent is not able to override online booking bugs unless you pay the $20 direct ticketing fee (just like you had called on the phone).
That wasn't my experience several months ago - I found a fare on ITA that wasn't showing on delta.com. I gave the online chat rep the fare basis codes and was able to buy the ticket without the direct ticketing fee. So I think this is worth a try.
I have used it and they were able to fix a problem the SMS desk res agent created. In fact, the chat agent fixed it in half the time I spent on the phone with the SMS desk!
My experience last week was this:

Trying to book an M fare ATL-LHR-ATL (stopover) - DCA. The fare allowed the stopover (for $50 extra), and the website would price it correctly, but when attempting to go to the next page I would get the infamous "sorry that fare is no longer available" error screen. Looking at ExpertFlyer, I knew there was plenty of M inventory on all legs, so the fare was, indeed, still available.

After totally failing to comprehend the problem, the live chat agent told me that if he/she booked it for me I would be charged the $20 direct ticketing fee.

I declined and called SMS instead, where of course the itinerary priced correctly and where, of course, I had to pay the $20 to have something done that the website could not do.

I think the stopover was what threw the system into dysfunction.
Quote: Per the Delta web developer who posts to FT occasionally (I'm too lazy to find the thread), you can search for a flight and hit "Start Over" on the results page. This should trigger the chat popup.

Making the chat popup always accessible is on the to-do list...
I just tried that, and it didn't trigger the popup...
Quote: I just tried that, and it didn't trigger the popup...
it should have popped up in the page. i did just search for flights and if i didn't select any flights it didn't pop up. once i selected flights and hit start over it did appear.
Did live chat go away?
i think so. which is sad, it was always easier to talk to someone than have to call. I don't want to disturb my coworkers.
When did chat agents get so helpful? Any time I've asked them even the simplest question, they've told me to call. Ever since, I've assumed they were there to help people figure out where to type things.
Please forgive me for waking a zombie thread, but this link came up when I searched the question myself. Finally the link popped up, here you go: https://chat1.delta.com/CONAV/chat/c...=1281338679179

Weird thing is - I get the option to talk to someone, my bf (same timezone, different region) gets an offline message

Anyway, hope that helps.