Arrival Lounge in Shanghai

Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver Medallion
Arrival Lounge in Shanghai

My wife and I are traveling on a business class award ticket to Shanghai in BE. Is there a lounge that we can use on arrival to Shanghai? If so, are there showers?
Old Sep 21, 2008, 9:31 pm

Programs: Not enough to count anymore
Originally Posted by bross
My wife and I are traveling on a business class award ticket to Shanghai in BE. Is there a lounge that we can use on arrival to Shanghai? If so, are there showers?
There was no arrival lounge in PVG in april. They really need one for these 15 hour flights!
Old Sep 21, 2008, 10:07 pm

No arrival lounge here. Last time i flew DL to ATL (June) we still used T1, so don't expect too much.
Old Sep 21, 2008, 11:34 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Last time I came back from PVG in late July, no arrival lounge.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by bross
There is no arrival lounge at PVG for any carrier.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 11:18 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
No lounge. Exit plane, direct to Immigration (no problems, trust me). Then to Baggage claim, customs (no problems, trust me). Then out into the chaos that is PVG.

Make arrangements with your hotel to have a car waiting for you. It won't be that expensive ($60-100 USD?), and will be well worth it. They will greet you with a sign with your name, handle your luggage, then whisk you to your hotel. You'll likely arrive at your hotel around 9-10PM, in time for jet lag related insomnia to set in. Take a shower at hotel, hit thew lounge for a drink, then either a walk along the Bund or off to bed.

Have a nice trip.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by JHattery
No lounge. Exit plane, direct to Immigration (no problems, trust me). Then to Baggage claim, customs (no problems, trust me). Then out into the chaos that is PVG.

Make arrangements with your hotel to have a car waiting for you. It won't be that expensive ($60-100 USD?), and will be well worth it. They will greet you with a sign with your name, handle your luggage, then whisk you to your hotel. You'll likely arrive at your hotel around 9-10PM, in time for jet lag related insomnia to set in. Take a shower at hotel, hit thew lounge for a drink, then either a walk along the Bund or off to bed.

Have a nice trip.
For a much cheaper option, use ctrip.com. $30-40 USD will get you the same pick up and drop off service. Have used them 3 times this summer.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.