20k miles for free with Bosley

Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:13 pm

Thumbs up Great experience

Signed up on Aug 1 morning, got the appointment confirmation email a few hours later giving me an appointment earlier today. The consultation itself was about 25 mins long, very courteous and professional.^
Old Aug 2, 2008, 1:12 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Plus they give you free comb!
Old Aug 3, 2008, 1:05 am

Thumbs up My Bosley Experience...

I went to the appointment on Aug 1st, it was very professional.
My counselor was very easy to get along with and I was upfront with him and told him about the miles promotion. Aside from him being a bit thrown by how quickly I'd heard of it (btw, Thank you for that FT!) as he only received his memo the day before, he was really cool with it and even explained that their corporate office would send notification to Delta stating that I'd participated in the promotion and that would start the process.

I didn't qualify for the Bosley procedure as I happen to currently have a full head of hair, however, in the event that should ever change the counselor took the time to fill me in on a lot of various products and practices that could, as he stated it, help win the war against hairloss before the Bosley products/procedures were necessary...he even warned against some products (including one made by Bosley (laser comb)).

If you're worried about participating in this promotion because you have a full head of hair or are too young, I wouldn't completely rule it out. I'm 28 and as I said I currently have a full head of hair, but just the professional manner that these guys relay information is really non-threatening and kind of eye-opening, at least for me, with regard to all of the various options there are for someone who is facing thinning hair or even hair loss. I even referred a friend for non SkyMiles reasons (although I told him about the miles, too)

I have to say, assuming the miles actually hit the account this is perhaps the most pleasant and easily performed SkyMiles promotion I've participated in.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:24 am

Hi,everyone:

i sign up on Friday and I haven't received any email about my consulation,should I call them back to confirm it?thanks
Old Aug 4, 2008, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by lrpwd
i sign up on Friday and I haven't received any email about my consulation,should I call them back to confirm it?thanks
I submitted the request online and only learned that an appointment had been set days later after calling the 800 number. I received that afternoon an appointment notice via USPS (appointment was two weeks later - and still in the promotion period - on the 16th, so no worries).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Just finished my consultation at the Troy office. Took 15 minutes tops...considering that I had a full head of hair, we spent the time discussing why baldness happens and what rogaine, propecia and Bosley does and doesn't do. They did take a couple of photographs of my hairline for their records "just in case you want to come back in a few years if you need a procedure then and want to see what you looked like", and the receptionist confirmed that my Delta Skymiles number was in their records. No receipt or anything was given....they seemed to do everything electronically.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Does anyone know if this promo is for men only? I am definitely a guy, but I was thinking of having my best friend, who is female with a full head of hair, make an appointment. I know, the lengths we go to for miles. I didn't used to be this way but now it is an addiction. Geesh.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
Does anyone know if this promo is for men only? I am definitely a guy, but I was thinking of having my best friend, who is female with a full head of hair, make an appointment.
Bosley has services for women . . . I think there would be a hue and cry already if the T&Cs were gender discriminating (but someone should check).
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Bosley has services for women . . . I think there would be a hue and cry already if the T&Cs were gender discriminating (but someone should check).
Well, their website shows they provide services to women and today when I spoke to Bosley to confirm my Wednesday consultation, no mention (or even an expression of surprise) was made when I stated the appointment was for ms (umm i mean me )

report (and hopefully miles) to follow....
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:32 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Lifetime Marriott Platinum, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by bk3day
Well, their website shows they provide services to women and today when I spoke to Bosley to confirm my Wednesday consultation, no mention (or even an expression of surprise) was made when I stated the appointment was for ms (umm i mean me )

report (and hopefully miles) to follow....
Thanks for the input. I'll have her make an appointment.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
With a wedding 9 weeks away and a follicle void on the top of my noggin... I'm intrigued. Not that I really care about the little bald spot, but 170k miles is enough to get me to Amsterdam for the bachelor party.
Old Aug 4, 2008, 5:17 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by photojojo
With a wedding 9 weeks away and a follicle void on the top of my noggin... I'm intrigued. Not that I really care about the little bald spot, but 170k miles is enough to get me to Amsterdam for the bachelor party.
I was told it takes a year or so to really notice the results, but good luck !
Old Aug 4, 2008, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MRKEY
I was told it takes a year or so to really notice the results, but good luck !
Also will take 4-6 weeks to get the miles from Bosley, which will make that award trip just a bit more difficult.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 7:51 am

I just called and made an appointment for August 8 for both myself and my husband. I asked if we could do it together. I was told I could sit in on his appointment and he could sit in on mine. I have a feeling that when we get there they will do both appointments together. The appointment is at their Boca Raton office which is a surgical center. I was told that the consultation can be at a surgical center. It doesn't matter. Very low keyed person on the phone. She knew about the promotion. If we really get the miles, and I don't see why not, this is certainly a very easy 20,000 for each of us.
Old Aug 5, 2008, 7:58 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by PointsGalore
I just called and made an appointment for August 8 for both myself and my husband. I asked if we could do it together. I was told I could sit in on his appointment and he could sit in on mine. I have a feeling that when we get there they will do both appointments together. The appointment is at their Boca Raton office which is a surgical center. I was told that the consultation can be at a surgical center. It doesn't matter. Very low keyed person on the phone. She knew about the promotion. If we really get the miles, and I don't see why not, this is certainly a very easy 20,000 for each of us.
I had my consultation in Boca Raton and the folks there are fantastic. I brought a friend and we had the consult together. They were quite aware of the DL promotion and I was very impressed with their professionalism.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.