Coach One Leg, Biz Another on .com??

Old Apr 15, 2008, 5:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
Coach One Leg, Biz Another on .com??

I did a bunch of searches but couldn't find anything.... can you book a flight on the website (for the double promotion) with the first leg in coach and the second in biz?

I ask b/c i am going BOS-FRA and the best route that i could find is BOS-JFK-FRA and if i try to book the whole thing in biz the fare goes up about $2K versus JFK-FRA and a coach ticket BOS-JFK is about $200.

I know i can do it on the phone, but the double would be huge for this ticket... any thoughts?

The only thing i can come up with is making two different reservations... which is annoying and worrisome if one leg gets delayed... e.g., what happens if BOS-JFK gets late and i miss my next ticketed flight to FRA?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 6:24 am

Programs: DL DM
Honestly, I do a lot of in and out of BOS and I think you might be better off buying the ticket originating in JFK and taking Amtrak to New York. I am always very nervous connecting at JFK from the BOS flights.

If you take Amtrak, you can change at Penn Station to the Long Island Railroad; take that to Jamaica, and then the AirTrain to JFK. From arrival at Penn to arrival at the Delta counter at JFK should take about 45-60 minutes. The plus too is that if you have a broadband PC card or BlackBerry, you have data coverage for about 99% of the trip.

Depending on the time of day, you can get an Amtrak ticket for about $75.

I'm not sure you can do BOS-JFK in coach and then JFK-FRA in business on the same ticket as it will marry the segments at JFK for purposes of fare calculation. So even if you sat in coach BOS-JFK it would probably still price out as a business fare from BOS.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, Delta PM, *wood Ambassador Plat, Marriott Self-Imposed Exile
UGH... i'm so sick of that Acela... but thanks for the thought and heads up on the BOS-JFK info....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.