Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:13 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
"Access to the dedicated Breezeway priority boarding lane and frequent traveler security line."

No mention of Elite Check-In.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:36 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by ck8
"Access to the dedicated Breezeway priority boarding lane and frequent traveler security line."

No mention of Elite Check-In.
I'll have elite privileges anyway with GM (soon to be PM) status.

What the "Breezeway access" tells me is that my Reserve card is going to be connected into DL's system differently than just as a miles depository. DL will know who its Reserve cardholders are and it sounds like that will be attached to tickets (via the SkyMiles number).

This may give some insight to the upgrade priority question-- or at least we know that DL will have the technical capacity to place Reserve/elite cardholders in a different place on the priority list than standard elite (if this is indeed going to happen). Again, just speculation until someone reports on the Reserve welcome kit.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by brown069
This may give some insight to the upgrade priority question-- or at least we know that DL will have the technical capacity to place Reserve/elite cardholders in a different place on the priority list than standard elite (if this is indeed going to happen). Again, just speculation until someone reports on the Reserve welcome kit.
This partially answers the thread regarding the new upgrade priority. It mentioned "Reserve". It seems there will be some tie-in.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Delta Reserve from American Express

just received this offer from Amex:

"Congratulations on being one of our most valuable customers. As one of our most valued and loyal SkyMiles® members, we would like to extend a special invitation to get our newest Card—Delta Reserve from American Express. It's noticeably different! In creating Delta Reserve, we kept your high standards in mind and went well beyond them. Delta Reserve provides an unparalleled combination of SkyMiles and American Express benefits to ensure your travel experience is noticeably better.

Experience how Delta Reserve can truly change the way you travel.

* Earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after your first purchase1
* Receive complimentary Crown Room Club® access for you and two guests2
* Earn Built-in Miles BoostsSM—up to 30,000 MQMs and 30,000 bonus miles3
* Gift earned MQMs to friends and family, helping them reach elite status3
* Pay with Miles—Redeem for any Delta seat, anytime4
* Receive a free* annual domestic companion certificate for First Class or Coach Class
* Gain access to Concierge services5

Apply now and make traveling noticeably better.

P.S. If you are a business owner, you can apply to get Delta Reserve for Business. You can earn higher status and Crown Room Club® access for yourself, plus save 5% on Delta flights purchased directly from Delta6.

*Additional taxes/fees/restrictions apply. See Terms and Conditions below for additional details."
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:36 pm
Suspended

doh.

just saw this...

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthrea...hlight=reserve

paging: moderator.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:37 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
What's the annual fee on this bad boy?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
What's the annual fee on this bad boy?
"By submitting this application, I certify that I have read, met and agreed to all the terms, conditions and disclosures which contain rate, fee and other important information. I understand that the annual Card fee is $450. (The $450 annual fee will be reduced to $395 provided you are also the Basic Cardmember of a domestic American Express consumer Charge Card account that has an annual fee greater than or equal to $55.)"
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:08 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
My email makes no mention of a fee (or if it does, I can't find it); it just tells you to call an 800 number to apply.

They'd have to offer significantly more miles than 10k if they expect me to take them up on this. With SkySaver seats harder to find, 10k SkyMiles means nada to me.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by Recreation
They'd have to offer significantly more miles than 10k if they expect me to take them up on this. With SkySaver seats harder to find, 10k SkyMiles means nada to me.
The two main thing this card gives you.... 10,000 MQMs and CRC acccess. As mentioned before, the fee quoted is correct.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:29 pm

Got the email just now, definitely not worth $450 to me. I am in fact considering downgrading my Platinum card to the fee-free Options card given that I have too many miles already and am close to qualifying for PM for 2009.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Recreation
My email makes no mention of a fee (or if it does, I can't find it); it just tells you to call an 800 number to apply.
same with my email...no mention.

you have to click through. the annual fee is hard to find, but it is listed in the box you check to say you told the truth and you agree to pay the fee.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:43 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I just got the offer myself. Not worth it for me.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: All of the above
I received 2 offers (platinum and business). The Business e-mail relates that double miles are still offered for gas,office products etc.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 4:00 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I just got this offer as well - if the annual fee was in the $250 range, then I'd be all over it.

My personal spending on my DL Platinum AMEX last year was about 27K, so even if I hit 30K, then I'd get 5,000 more miles. So, other than that and the Crown Room Access, then I'm not sure what I'm getting out of this. Unless I'm missing something, I'm sticking with my DL Platinum AMEX.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
At $450, this is a card designed for the unsophisticated consumer who doesn't shop-and-compare using FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.