Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Complimentary Chauffeur Service for BusinessElite Passengers (JFK-LGW/LHR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Starting May 8th Delta will offer passengers booked in J/D fares complimentary chauffeur service to and from New York-Kennedy and London-Heathrow airports.

Beginning March 8th, JFK – LGW and LGW – JFK, beginning March 29th, JFK – LHR and March 30th LHR – JFK.

Complimentary Chauffeur Service will be provided with a pick-up and drop-off range of 50 miles radius to and from Heathrow, Gatwick and Kennedy airports.

More cities MAYBE added at a later time

Last edited by DlRes; Mar 7, 2008 at 8:20 pm Reason: More info
Old Mar 7, 2008, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
interesting. is this the "silverjet effect?"
Old Mar 7, 2008, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by 18sas
interesting. is this the "silverjet effect?"
Virgin Atlantic has been doing it for quite some time. DL should one up them by taking advantage of their relationship with US Helicopter and offer a helicopter option. Car service isnt that useful with all the traffic. Heck, I took the train to JFK yesterday because my flight was during rush hour from Manhattan.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...dtransfers.jsp
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Virgin Atlantic has been doing it for quite some time. DL should one up them by taking advantage of their relationship with US Helicopter and offer a helicopter option. Car service isnt that useful with all the traffic. Heck, I took the train to JFK yesterday because my flight was during rush hour from Manhattan.

still seems more like a head-to-head with silverjet to me. range is similar (50 miles DL vs. 60 Y7). From the link, VS has a much broader range, limo to anywhere in CA for an LAX flight, for ex.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:04 pm

SilverJet just copied others. BA & VS have been doing this battle for years.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by 18sas
still seems more like a head-to-head with silverjet to me. range is similar (50 miles DL vs. 60 Y7). From the link, VS has a much broader range, limo to anywhere in CA for an LAX flight, for ex.
I guess I was thinking more of airports as VS and DL compete head to head at JFK-LHR. I never realized how extensive Virgin's car service was until I found that link, that's quite a nice feature. Silverjet serves EWR-LUT. EOS is lacking in their service since they serve JFK-STN without car service.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 11:17 pm

I guess I was thinking more of airports as VS and DL compete head to head at JFK-LHR. I never realized how extensive Virgin's car service was until I found that link, that's quite a nice feature. Silverjet serves EWR-LUT. EOS is lacking in their service since they serve JFK-STN without car service.
The real battle is for customers ex-LHR. If anybody thinks that LGW is an "also-ran" airport then STN won't seem much better. LUT comes 4/4 for most business travellers unless they happen to live under the glide path.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DlRes
Starting May 8th Delta will offer passengers booked in J/D fares complimentary chauffeur service to and from New York-Kennedy and London-Heathrow airports.
Can we assume that this chauffeur service will only be offered for paid tickets and not award tickets? Also what about I fares?
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:30 am

Cut the lounge at LGW and add this service? Foolish in my book. They better have booze in the limo to make up for the lack of lounge!
Old Mar 8, 2008, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
Can we assume that this chauffeur service will only be offered for paid tickets and not award tickets? Also what about I fares?

I assumed that by mentioning J/D specifically, then that would exclude I/Z/O. Does anyone have a link to the actual press release to confirm?
Old Mar 8, 2008, 12:24 pm

I also would assume that the service does not go along with award tickets on DL since you don't get it with VS awards. Not sure about BA but I'd bet it's the same policy.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
No award tickets.

For 60 days only (March 30, 2008 – May 30, 2008) Delta will offer passengers booked in I fare complimentary chauffeur service to and from New York-Kennedy and London-Heathrow airport.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 6:47 pm

Programs: DL PM

That is a good point. If I am arriving into JFK between 5pm - 6:30pm or going to JFK during that time I take the AirTrain instead.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Dl did (not sure if still do) use to include the Helicopter ride on INTL J/C/D fares, I had posted it a while ago, I guess not anymore Anyhow, can blame Delta for trying.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 3:05 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Agreed that helicopter is great b/w JFK and Manhattan. With CO, it is included in the J/D fare to/from EWR.

Also agreed that 50 miles isn't competitive. VS didn't blink when I requested a dropoff ~95 miles from LHR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.