Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Can I transfer my Delta Voucher to someone else

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

I bought an Bussiness class ticket which wasn't used on my trip. So I have about $ 2800 dollars on my voucher. I just wonder if there is any way that I can transfer it to someone else's name. I'm thinking to sell it back. Please give my some advise. Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:36 pm
J-M
Suspended

Originally Posted by leodam
I bought an Bussiness class ticket which wasn't used on my trip. So I have about $ 2800 dollars on my voucher. I just wonder if there is any way that I can transfer it to someone else's name. I'm thinking to sell it back. Please give my some advise. Thanks
I'm not exactly sure what kind of voucher you're talking about. With most vouchers you can't transfer the voucher, but you can use it to purchase a ticket for someone else.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:25 am

Programs: DL Employee
You can transfer some vouchers. It will be on the rules of the voucher, usually on the back, if in question, let me know what type of voucher it is and I will let you know, or contact Delta directly.

Now if this is just a ticket, then no, it cannot be transfered.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:00 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Didn't I read once that you can purchase a more expensive fully refundable
ticket using your voucher or ecredit and putting the rest on your credit
card. Then when you cancel the ticket the entire amount is put back on
your credit card. I am sure someone out there knows the ins and outs if this
is doable. I just thought I remember it being mentioned here sometime back.
I have about $130.00 in Delta travel voucher and was thinking about doing
that. Delta has a very very limited schedule in my area which makes it hard
to use.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:27 am

Programs: skymiles
Originally Posted by wintermom
Didn't I read once that you can purchase a more expensive fully refundable
ticket using your voucher or ecredit and putting the rest on your credit
card. Then when you cancel the ticket the entire amount is put back on
your credit card. I am sure someone out there knows the ins and outs if this
is doable. I just thought I remember it being mentioned here sometime back.
I have about $130.00 in Delta travel voucher and was thinking about doing
that. Delta has a very very limited schedule in my area which makes it hard
to use.
If you upgarde your voucher or ticket to a fully refundable ticket the original non-refundable amount still remains non-refundable otherwise everyone with non-refundable tickets would pay the difference to make them refundable and get all their money back
Old Nov 28, 2007, 9:34 am

Programs: DL Employee
Originally Posted by dlinsider
If you upgarde your voucher or ticket to a fully refundable ticket the original non-refundable amount still remains non-refundable otherwise everyone with non-refundable tickets would pay the difference to make them refundable and get all their money back
dlinsider is correct,
It has been tried by many, but it cannot be done.

In the case, the extra amount you actually paid for goes back to your credit card and the voucher amount goes back to a voucher.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG-Gold, Amex-Plat., AA-Plat.
Ah, well, that did sound too easy, thanks for clearing that up. Luckly its not
much money that I will lose.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:20 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Since this is an unused flight voucher, you cannot transfer. But what you CAN do is book the cheapest OW you can find (right now try LAX-SFO) to "break" the credit. The remaining balance (cost of new flight + change fee deducted) will go into an eVoucher you can give to anyone.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by daveland
Since this is an unused flight voucher, you cannot transfer. But what you CAN do is book the cheapest OW you can find (right now try LAX-SFO) to "break" the credit. The remaining balance (cost of new flight + change fee deducted) will go into an eVoucher you can give to anyone.
I returned a ticket from MSP to AUA for 550, paid the fee and bought a OW ticket from ATL to Savanna for 50 AI. I was left with something like 400 dollars and was actually able to buy two tickets on NW (Delta stock) for two other people..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.