Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question about MQM on NWA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Question about MQM on NWA

I am flying to Paris and I wanted to be sure I was clear on how my miles would work. The outgoing flight is Delta to ATL then from there it is Air France to CDG. From CDG coming back it is Northwest to Detroit and from Detroit it is also NWA returning home. After thinking about it, I deduce that I will get Skymiles for the whole trip, but will only get MQMs for the Delta and Air France legs...basically from the US to CDG, but nothing for the return. Am I right or will I get the MQM on the return on NWA also?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by antonius66
Am I right or will I get the MQM on the return on NWA also?
As long as your SM# is in your PNR, you will earn MQM for the NW flights.

You can check out MQM earning on DL and partner airlines (including NW) here.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Ahh so many acronyms....forgive my stupidity..what is PNR?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:55 pm

It stands for "passenger name record". PNR is basically fancy-speak for the records the airline has associated with your ticket. If you entered your SM# when you bought the ticket, the number should be in your PNR. You can double check by making sure your SM# is printed on your BP (boarding pass).

Oh, and welcome to FT! If you get confused by abbreviations here, go to the top of the page and click "Help" on the main FT banner (right side of the screen). A pulldown menu will appear that includes a choice for "Glossary"--it has all kinds of abbreviations explained (including PNR).
Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Passenger Name Record, which contains a lot more information than the name. Identified by a record locator, which on DL consists of 6 alphanumeric characters.

Last edited by vasantn; Jan 24, 2008 at 4:02 pm Reason: clarification
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:01 pm
Original Poster

Ahh got it. Thanks. Everyone here is so nice about welcoming new members. When I look on the Delta website, it shows my Delta and my Air France legs under My Itineraries...but does not show the NWA return flights. My DL number IS listed on the flights on the Delta website, and on the NWA website as well when I look up the flights though. The reason I did not think I would get MQMs for the NWA flights is because the Delta website says MQMs for "Delta code share" flights operated by NWA, so I took that to mean it had to have a DL code. The NWA flights on the return are NW49 and NW1189. Still getting the MQMs then?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
The NWA flights on the return are NW49 and NW1189. Still getting the MQMs then?
Yes! Welcome and bon voyage!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Excelllllent. Here i was thinking I would be missing out. Now, with that and my flight to Madrid I will have to find a way to pick up the 900 or so MQMs I will be short of Silver status.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 7:18 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
One thing I ran into a while back that you need to be aware of. If you are flying a NW codeshare on another airline, i.e. Skywest, you may not get miles for that leg. Check carefully in DLs website about which codeshare airlines will get you miles.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by scassett
One thing I ran into a while back that you need to be aware of. If you are flying a NW codeshare on another airline, i.e. Skywest, you may not get miles for that leg. Check carefully in DLs website about which codeshare airlines will get you miles.
But everything that is part of NW Airlink counts, right?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by indufan
But everything that is part of NW Airlink counts, right?
Yes, NW Airlink (Pinnacle, Mesaba, et al.) counts.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
The OP should be aware that not all fare classes on AF qualify for MQMs. The MQM qualifying fares on AF (and other partners) can be found here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.