Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed Upgrade (V) - no seat assignment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Question Confirmed Upgrade (V) - no seat assignment

Here's one I've never encountered before --- I've been confirmed for my Monday flight ATL - CLT (itinerary shows CONFIRMED and "V" class) yet it has not assigned me a seat, and I can't pick one either.

When I called PM hotline, told that it would be assigned at gate from some that are being held at the gate....?

Anyone else ever run into this? PM hotline rep said I was confirmed and would get a FC seat, but I'm a little uneasy nonetheless....
Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Yes, I've had this happen before too. Odd, but I did get a seat.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 5:42 pm

You are likely on the 757 equipment. Until day of departure and they know exactly what aircraft / seating configuration they have your seat will remain unassigned. There is always the chance of the old TWA 757's with only 22 seats though.
Old Apr 6, 2007, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Mark... has it right... they just don't know the exact seating arrangement of your equipment. It has happened to me once.... I took the first segment without a seat assignment for the second segment... eventually the SLC CRC folks were able to confirm the second seat assignment. Usually, it is a 757 configuration issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.