What is your skymiles account balance?

Subscribe
I know there are a lot of serious frequent flyers on this board. I was just curious as to what the average balance in people's skymiles accounts were. Do you accumulate miles or use them as soon as possible?

I feel like there is no point in saving them (not like I get any interest), however find it difficult to use them because I want to maximize their value when choosing to use miles instead of cash.

My current balance is around 190,000.
My balance is 6,000.000, give or take 5-6 million. With all due respect, I cannot imagine why one would want to share this information with someone else. (Oops, there may be some who with great pride will acclaim their totals so I should be cautious.) I will assume you ask this question as a relative newcomer, in total innocence and with no other motives but, nonetheless, I would suggest it is a very inappropriate question. Of course, I also assume that others will flame me for being paranoid. Therefore, this appears to be a contest between us to see who will be flamed to a greater degree.
Quote: My balance is 6,000.000, give or take 5-6 million. With all due respect, I cannot imagine why one would want to share this information with someone else. (Oops, there may be some who with great pride will acclaim their totals so I should be cautious.) I will assume you ask this question as a relative newcomer, in total innocence and with no other motives but, nonetheless, I would suggest it is a very inappropriate question. Of course, I also assume that others will flame me for being paranoid. Therefore, this appears to be a contest between us to see who will flamed to a greater degree.
I agree with you. I would hope that people wouldn't post, but this question comes up regularly and the threads always go on for pages and pages.
Seems like a waste of the OP's time to me. I have 42 miles.
Quote: My balance is 6,000.000, give or take 5-6 million. With all due respect, I cannot imagine why one would want to share this information with someone else. (Oops, there may be some who with great pride will acclaim their totals so I should be cautious.) I will assume you ask this question as a relative newcomer, in total innocence and with no other motives but, nonetheless, I would suggest it is a very inappropriate question. Of course, I also assume that others will flame me for being paranoid. Therefore, this appears to be a contest between us to see who will be flamed to a greater degree.
I suppose I don't take this board/my frequent flier miles as seriously as some of you. Apologize if I offended anyone.

Just was wondering what strategy people take with their miles. I guess some people just like to accumulate them out of sheer satisfaction of looking at a large balance. And I suppose others redeem them the moment they get enough for an award. Wanted to see if there was a consensus amoung us frequest travelers.

I don't really see the question as inappropriate because the only think you can determine from a person's skymiles balance is just that, their skymiles balance. You can't determine spending habits, or wealth, or even travel frequency as the source of these miles are unknow. I guess I don't really understand the upraor as people post their MQM balances all the time and noone has an issue with that.
I save mine for specific awards and then spend them as soon as I have enough.
Ummm..., about 1,000,000 miles less than the day they declared BK.
Quote: I don't really see the question as inappropriate because the only think you can determine from a person's skymiles balance is just that, their skymiles balance.
Replace the words "SkyMiles balance" with "bank account balance" in your question and you should sense why some consider it inappropriate. You wouldn't necessarily draw accurate conclusions from that answer either, but some consider the info personal, nonetheless.
3,453,654,984,966 miles as of yesterday.
One BILLION miles.

[/Dr Evil]
Quote: 3,453,654,984,966 miles as of yesterday.
Paging Dovster!
Quote: Replace the words "SkyMiles balance" with "bank account balance" in your question and you should sense why some consider it inappropriate. You wouldn't necessarily draw accurate conclusions from that answer either, but some consider the info personal, nonetheless.
I would share my SkyMiles balance before my bank account balance. I am still looking for someone to trade SkyMiles for Super Bowl tickets.

Quote: 3,453,654,984,966 miles as of yesterday.
Wow, you have more than I do.

Quote: One BILLION miles.
In that third place on this board below Traveller and Cholula?

Quote: Paging Dovster!
Last time I heard, he has some type of alarm system in his bed when the topic of free miles or free women come up.
delete
Quote: 12,480. Last year I burned them and bailed.
649. I did the same two years ago. The leftovers will expire at the end of this year.
Membership Level: Platinum Medallion Crown Room Club® Member
Medallion® Qualification Miles: 7004
Total Available Miles 331329
Million Miler™ Miles 354202

None of you know me, so what difference does it make if people know my Mileage?