Co-terminal change with Same-Day Confirmed?

Subscribe
I've had such good luck with Delta's new 3-hour same-day confirmed policy that I've decided to push my luck. Has anyone attempted to change co-terminals using this? I've talked to several Delta agents, each of which gives me a different answer.

Why do I care? Well, consider markets like SNA where DL offers no-advance fare tickets. LAX, on the other hand, often has advance ticketing restrictions. Why not snag a T fare out of SNA two days out, then call and change to fly out of LAX within three hours---there are seats out of LAX, just no cheap no-advance fares.

Anybody tried this? Is it allowed? What's the point of co-terminals if it's not?
According to below, the purpose is for fare construction only. Delta lists this on their website under the "Rules" when you book a ticket. I have included a copy of this below. It would be interesting to give it a try in the three hour window and then have you report back to FT to let others know. Good luck!

Fare Rule Details

CO TERMINALS
EWR/NYC LAX/ONT/SNA
BWI/WAS FLL/MIA SFO/OAK/SJC

CO-TERMINALS ARE TWO OR MORE AIRPORTS CONSIDERED TO BE THE SAME POINT FOR FARE CONSTRUCTION PURPOSE ONLY.

*NOTE--MULTI-AIRPORT CITIES SERVING THE SAME METROPOLITAN AREA ARE ALWAYS CONSIDERED THE SAME POINT AND ARE *NOT
CO-TERMINALS.
I.E. DCA/IAD ORD/MDW HOU/IAH JFK/LGA DFW/DAL

*AIRPORT SPECIFIC FARES-ONLY VALID TO/FRM THAT AIRPORT*
NOTE - IF THE TICKETED AIRPORT CHANGES-THIS WOULD BE CONSIDERED A CHANGE IN ORIGIN/DESTINATION.
EXAMPLE-IAD CHANGED TO DCA WOULD BE A CHANGE IN ORIGIN/DESTINATION AND HANDLED AS SUCH.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RunawayNFly:

*NOTE--MULTI-AIRPORT CITIES SERVING THE SAME METROPOLITAN AREA ARE ALWAYS CONSIDERED THE SAME POINT AND ARE *NOT
CO-TERMINALS.
I.E. DCA/IAD ORD/MDW HOU/IAH JFK/LGA DFW/DAL
</font>
This surprises me. I've been told several times that JFK/LGA/EWR are all "co-terminals" and have switched paid tickets around between them freely. Any idea if these are recent changes?
I believe that calling these airport pairs "the same point" is an even stronger statement than calling them co-terminals. It's as if they were the very same place! That's why you can normally switch flights around without any problem.

Bruce
I don't usually travel to cities that have either of the above situations. I copied/pasted directly from Delta's website the Fare Rules noted above. I have no clue if this is an old or new rule. Maybe someone else out there has had some recent experience doing this.
You can also be dumped at a co-terminal instead of your original destination and the airline is not obligated to do anything more for you.
OK, so I know this is revival of an old post, but this is all my search pulled up. I just learned that coterminal restrictions are waived for SDC as a diamond-only perk? Anyone tried this? DCA vs. BWI fare structures are quite dissimilar thanks to WN’s presence at BWI...
duplicate post
Quote: OK, so I know this is revival of an old post, but this is all my search pulled up. I just learned that coterminal restrictions are waived for SDC as a diamond-only perk? Anyone tried this? DCA vs. BWI fare structures are quite dissimilar thanks to WN’s presence at BWI...
Yup, they're waived, but you just want to know if one of us has actually done it...?

From the airport, I've been able to utilize a co-terminal as a Plat.