Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta across the atlantic in a 767 in coach

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by duckhook503
Oh dear. I don't expect to make many friends with this one.

I realise that this forum is primarily used by and directed at Business Class travel. However the vast majority of people that fly, use coach class. We do that largely due to financial considerations. I am quite sure that life in front of the curtain is wonderful, but not available to me. Personally I would prefer to travel from home to the U.S. 6 times in economy, than once in business.
The original question in this post seems a perfectly reasonable one to me. To be answered with expresions such as. "Cows to the slaughterhouse", Terrible product" & "Unless you've got a really good reason to do it, DONT"., I don't think is terribly helpful, apart from the fact that it is totally untrue.
We are not all elite, platinum, concerneed about lounge access, special check in lines etc. We do however look forward to our trips on Delta in coach class.
A previous poster stated that you get what you pay for. Absolutely true, and what you get is a perfectly good flight at an affordable price
Even some elite platinums are satisfied with the coach product. I'm one of them.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
PLEASE don't decide to play cards.

One of the most annoying things that take place on a flight is when somebody keeps SHUFFLING cards while I am trying to:

read a book
talk with a friend
enjoy a drink
enjoy a meal
relax
and heaven forbid, watch a movie on my personal DVD player

That NOISE that cards make is terrible.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by duckhook503
We are not all elite, platinum, concerneed about lounge access, special check in lines etc. We do however look forward to our trips on Delta in coach class.
And some of us are elite, platinum, concerned about lounge access and special check in lines but are still able to look forward to our trips on DL in coach. I only buy LUT fares and DL doesn't upgrade me TATL. Yes, I'd like to sit up front, but I'm satisfied and comfortable in the back. I just drink lots of water and walk around a lot.

I don't care about PTV's or in-flight movies, I just make sure I get an aisle seat.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
(duplicate)
Old Aug 8, 2006, 7:24 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I fly JFK-MXP/FCO-JFK about six times a year, and my only options for direct flights are DL and AZ. AZ's IFE and food are better, but they're not nearly as reliable as DL, and you're far more likely to end up seated next to someone whose level of hygiene is... shall I say, not what we're used to in the U.S.

When business is good, I treat myself to a BE ticket, which obviously makes the flight a far more pleasant experience.

When I'm in coach, I eat before the flight, make sure my ipod is fully charged and bring lots of magazines. And I pop a sleeping pill and hope that by the time I wake up, we're there.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Starwood GM
Originally Posted by ShopAround
AZ's IFE and food are better, but they're not nearly as reliable as DL, and you're far more likely to end up seated next to someone whose level of hygiene is... shall I say, not what we're used to in the U.S.
Stereotyping and superiority complex perhaps?

One is just as likely to encounter poor personal hygiene on domestic flights as on European originating flights.

Indeed, you may be more likely to encounter hygiene problems on domestic flights. In my experience, it is very rare to board a European flight in high humidity and sit next to someone wearing a tank top, sweats and flip flops in coach, let alone in first!
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Platinum, AA Plat
Originally Posted by chrissxb
CO is way better in Y!
This year I've flown EWR-BHX on CO and JFK-BCN on DL and have found their coach products to be indistinguishable. How do you figure they're way better?
Old Aug 9, 2006, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Kahuna
Stereotyping and superiority complex perhaps?
No, just unfortunate personal experience. At least half the times I've flown on AZ, I've ended up in very close proximity to someone whose hygiene - or lack thereof - made me gag and beg to have my seat moved.

Never had that happen on a domestic flight.
Old Aug 9, 2006, 2:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by faithwins
alas, such is life. I am going to Europe, who am i to complain
Enjoy. Take the time and read some books about the rich European history.

It is well worth it and helps you understand Old Europe.

And stay away from alcohol
Old Aug 15, 2006, 9:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory (never use it), CoOnepass, DeltaSkymiles, AAdvantage
wel i was last week friday on the KL 622 (767) an had 1 1/2 hour sleep.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 11:14 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I will be traveling ATL - MUC on a 767ER in September in H class for Oktoberfest. Both flights are pretty full. I read somewhere that row 18 in the middle has more legroom for some reason, can anyone confirm this?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It probably depends on if it is one of the newly-refurbished aircraft or not
(the ones without the second former BE cabin)...it seems also that one of these rows (16, 17, or 18) is without a window where the window is supposed to be. Just a wall waiting for an unsuspecting window passenger hoping to look out!
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:34 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by beofotch
I will be traveling ATL - MUC on a 767ER in September in H class for Oktoberfest. Both flights are pretty full. I read somewhere that row 18 in the middle has more legroom for some reason, can anyone confirm this?

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It probably depends on if it is one of the newly-refurbished aircraft or not (the ones without the second former BE cabin)..
Actually, all DL 763ERs have been redone with more Y seats (i.e., second BE cabin/crew rest area removed). In general, the middle block seats (C,D,E) have slightly more legroom than the window seats (A,B,F,G) (32" vs. 31" pitch) but 18C,D,E has a little more than even the regular middle block seats.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:05 am

Programs: dl lh
Originally Posted by beofotch
According to my observation on the 767-300ER seats CDE in row 18 and 17 have about 2-3 inches more pitch than seats AB/FG. The bulkhead seats 16 CDE also offers a little more legroom than 16 AB and 15 FG. Have fun on the Oktoberfest (or 'Wiesn' as we say in Munich).
Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:43 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Thank you for your response to my row 18 queries. It is appreciated. I am row 18 right smack in the middle, so hopefully I can get some shut-eye.

I am really looking forward to the Wiesn, it is my first time. I am only going for 3 days (Arrive Friday AM leave Monday AM) so it will certainly be a bender. Now if i can only find the tent with the most debauchery...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.