Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Fare decrease after ticketing - difference in credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 12:39 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!

It was my understanding that when the fare for your ticket decreases after purchase but before flying, you can get the difference less $50 in the form of a voucher for future travel. My fare decreased from May 8 to today by $120.

I called Delta, asked to verify the fare, and had the ticket reissued. The CS rep even mentioned the $50 service fee when I first mentioned what I was calling about. But when I asked her for the number of the credit voucher, she looked it up then said, "Oh, it gave you the full $120 credit." Is that new? Normal? A mistake I should be glad that happened to me?

In any case, I am glad it worked out like it did. Just curious as to whether this is normal. And I can add it to my two bump vouchers that I am still waiting to use
Old Jun 2, 2007, 2:43 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by fti
It was my understanding that when the fare for your ticket decreases after purchase but before flying, you can get the difference less $50 in the form of a voucher for future travel. My fare decreased from May 8 to today by $120.

I called Delta, asked to verify the fare, and had the ticket reissued. The CS rep even mentioned the $50 service fee when I first mentioned what I was calling about. But when I asked her for the number of the credit voucher, she looked it up then said, "Oh, it gave you the full $120 credit." Is that new? Normal? A mistake I should be glad that happened to me?

In any case, I am glad it worked out like it did. Just curious as to whether this is normal. And I can add it to my two bump vouchers that I am still waiting to use

My last credit it gave me the full dollar amount credit (ecredit) but then charged my credit card the $50 change fee, you might not be free and clear yet
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:28 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
personally I don't think airlines should issue this sort of credit. The airline doesn't get to charge us more if the fare goes up.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by sdadept
personally I don't think airlines should issue this sort of credit. The airline doesn't get to charge us more if the fare goes up.
Why not? If anything, I wish DL would waive the change fee. It is good customer service and would build customer satisfcation and loyalty.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 9:28 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by sdadept
Thanks for your opinion but I am glad that it is yours and not Delta's .

As of yet, I have not been charged the $50 change fee to a credit card. So maybe I was a bit lucky (not to mention that I booked a ticket MSP-DTW-MSP last night and within 1 hour the fare went UP by $160!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.