Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Here are instructions on how to book a Skyteam award with Skymiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here are instructions on how to book a Skyteam award with Skymiles

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JT8D-217
Well, the link works fine, but I can't seem to bend this new site to my will: it will find NW flights between NW city pairs (ex: ATL-MSP). I can't seem to get it to find anything on a DL only city pair, say ATL-FRA or ATL-SXM.

Help! I need to book a Saver trip in a month!
Yeah, after lots of messing with it I think the old one is much better. Why don't ou try delta.com for your skysaver trip?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 11:15 am

Delta's Partner Award Number

What is the number for reaching the International partner award travel desk? Its all automated now - so if you call you only have the option to speak with an agent and it doesn't take you to the International Partner award desk. Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2007, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, *wood Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Have a friend trying to go from BTR or MSY to PVR. She wants to fly CO but has DL miles. I told her she could via the alliance perk. She calls DL and they tell her she can't since they fly into PVR. I hate to look stupid but if I am I am. But I thought she could use CO on DL miles even though DL also serves PVR. Am I wrong? (and yes if I'm right it would be nice to say neener to her LOL)
Old Apr 6, 2007, 4:53 am

Programs: DL Humble Silver, Amex plat, Hilton Hhonors Gold,Elite Exec National
UK to Australia?

We would like to use our skymiles to fly to Australia. Is there anyway we can view availability (presumably we would be using KE - unless anyone has any other ideas?)

Thanks very much
Old Apr 6, 2007, 1:48 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by pinkies
We would like to use our skymiles to fly to Australia. Is there anyway we can view availability (presumably we would be using KE - unless anyone has any other ideas?)

Thanks very much
Your best bet would probably be UK-AMS-ICN-SYD/BNE. It will be 100k in Y and 150k in J. You can use the NWA Japan site to look up availability on KLM to ICN. I don't know of any site to show award classes on KE (the ICN-SYD/BNE portion).

Another option may be UK-AMS-NRT-GUM-CNS. Much more convoluted, but it could work if the above does not have availability. The GUM-CNS (CO Micronesia) only operates 2x per week.
Old May 15, 2007, 12:34 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
wow, i found tickets from LAX-HKG for 60,000 miles RT in WBC.... ^ ^ ^
Old May 15, 2007, 7:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, CO Platinum, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 *
I got the answers to 3/4 of my questions through an actual award booking:

Originally Posted by vinnmann
Below is a list of known partner Fare buckets:

Code:
Airlines	Economy Business First
Delta           R,E     O       N
I just called DL and they said it was different from the above (I asked the OCC to check and double-check and they said this is true):

Economy: N
Business: O
First: R

I am hoping to book (3) F class award seats in July to HNL. I know I'll need to do it last-minute hoping someone cancels award travel or they open more seats. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer:
    Yes
      Yes
        Still haven't found one
          Yes - you need to get them a paper ticket. Free for US and territories. 10% of the fare for TATL.

Last edited by MayorMcKnife; May 31, 2007 at 1:46 pm Reason: To Answer my Own Questions
          Old Jun 11, 2007, 6:46 pm
          ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
          What is the current strategy for holding the outbound at 330 days until the return can be booked? This question pertains to partner awards using Sky Miles.
          Old Jun 12, 2007, 7:05 pm

NW japan website

I must be going to the wrong website?

Everytime I go to NW asia, it makes me choose a country (from asia of course),
          I choose Japan and then it wants me to confirm that I live in Japan, otherwise
          it sends me back to the country selection page.

What am I doing wrong?
          Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by scuac
          I must be going to the wrong website?

Everytime I go to NW asia, it makes me choose a country (from asia of course),
          I choose Japan and then it wants me to confirm that I live in Japan, otherwise
          it sends me back to the country selection page.

What am I doing wrong?
          Go here:

http://asiares.nwa.com/?siteCode=JP&...rdtravelsearch

... and "SEARCH BY" click "AWARD"
          Old Jul 1, 2007, 8:27 pm

Can someone explain how the mileage prices are determined on the NWA Japan site?

What I would like to do is get a relatively cheap ticket to Ethiopia by flying NYC-CAI first--2 years ago I went there for 50,000 miles. Delta had Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Libya on their website as "North Africa." The North Africa option has now been removed, and when I emailed Skymiles CS I got rather condescending replies that if I had difficulty navigating the website I should call them.

I also checked Air France and KLM (some of the carriers I previously used on my multi-leg flight to Cairo), and it seems they have bumped Egypt into "Middle East" for a different mileage category than Morocco, Libya and Tunisia.

Anyway, I searched the NWA Japan site, and see 45,000 as PerkSaver and 90,000 as PerkPass. These flights are offered through KLM. When I search regular NWA, I get 180,000!!! For what appear to be the same KLM flights. I can't search KLM's site because they say to search NWA if based in the US and only have local airports in their drop-down menu.

I'm really curious which number is more accurate... and if KLM really DOES still offer flights from NYC-CAI for 45,000 miles, if Delta will book that for me when I call...?

...any thoughts?

EDIT: Oops! I wasn't looking closely enough. It seems while yes, the KLM fares are 90,000 on the NWA Japan site and 180,000 on the NWA US site, the ones I see for 45,000 are for Air France. Still wondering how this works, since my last 50,000-mile flight to Cairo used Delta, KLM and Alitalia, booked through Delta.

EDIT AGAIN: OK, I'm losing my mind. The mileage given on the NWA Japan site was for one-way tickets. Sigh. I got REALLY excited when it seemed I could get to IST for only 25,000 miles!

Last edited by skewedstyle; Jul 3, 2007 at 10:54 am
          Old Jul 24, 2007, 2:39 pm

Is this correct

My fiance and I are trying to plan a honeymoon to Italy. No probem on the outbound side: ATL-DTW-CDG-MXP. Can't get business class TATL segment returning. I have found flights on the NW Japan site and the Continental, but when I call the to book with Skymiles, I get nothing is available. Does agent just not know where to look or is there a chance that Delta cannot access those seats?

Last edited by gtholloway; Jul 24, 2007 at 3:03 pm
          Old Aug 10, 2007, 10:36 pm

Location: NY by birth, BNA by choice - soon YXE, the SKY by virtue.
          The day I go to read this topic, the information is deleted.

What gives?
          Old Aug 10, 2007, 11:20 pm
          Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
          Originally Posted by xanthuos

What gives?
          Same here. The sticky must have lost its glue....!
          Old Aug 11, 2007, 9:07 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
          Originally Posted by xanthuos

What gives?
          Same thing experienced here. But go to post #18 where the main information is quoted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.