Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Here are instructions on how to book a Skyteam award with Skymiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here are instructions on how to book a Skyteam award with Skymiles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Shawn02139
Hi,
This very valuable sticky says KLM award tickets are booked in "W" class-but I can't get Expertflyer to show me even a W0 for any of the flights i want to take. (BLL-AMS-CDG)...

Does anyone know if KLM W shows up on expert flyer?

Thanks,
Shawn
"W" on KLM may be a hidden class. If it is, you will need to explicitly search for "W" class on the ExpertFlyer search page. That is, specify "W" in one of the class text boxes.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I actually just used my miles for Next winter to book a ticket on Singapore in F. I figured a direct stop on SQ would be better than flying with a stop on KE.

Just call the 800 number and ask for the partner award desk. The miles required are posted on the website. also, surprisingly, you can even use DL miles to upgrade on SQ. I have not used this feature but think its amazing since you can't even do it on the Skyteam airlines.

Also, if SQ is full, I am hearing good things about the new MH first, might want to try that.

I have the delta agent telling me I should buy the SQ ticket through DL to be able to upgrade from C to F....anyone have experience with buying SQ ticket elsewhere and upgrading using DL miles?
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:12 am

Programs: DL FF
Wow. That first post if very through. I'm one of those great agents mentioned. But you may just have to be open to strange stops. I've had people lay over in EDI and MAN on more than one occasion.

I will do my best to answer any questions I can.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA 2P; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by uclabruin82
I actually just used my miles for Next winter to book a ticket on Singapore in F. I figured a direct stop on SQ would be better than flying with a stop on KE. . . .Just call the 800 number and ask for the partner award desk. The miles required are posted on the website. also, surprisingly, you can even use DL miles to upgrade on SQ. I have not used this feature but think its amazing since you can't even do it on the Skyteam airlines.
I was considering purchasing a ticket in coach and upgrading to business using SkyMiles on SQ. I called up the partner award desk at Delta to see if you could upgrade from any fare -- the rep said no, you can only upgrade from Y to J using SkyMiles if the purchased ticket is full-fare coach or nearly full-fare coach (he checked a couple of dates and the eligible fares were twice that of an executive economy ticket cost for the same dates). So, it's a nice feature, but of limited use for those flying on lower fares.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 9:31 pm

Programs: Delta-PM,CRC, HH Gold,Priority Club Plat, Hertz Prez
Smile

I was very surprised tonight. I finally got a moment to book FC tickets from PDX to TPA for my wife and her mom at the end of Jan. I figured, FL during the wingter would cost me dearly. I got the RT in Skysaver. So these award tix, really are out there.
BTW, I did the complete Itinerary online. I was very happy with the options of a day early or a day later. Not that I needed them. I got the exact dates, and layover times that suited their schedule.

90K, and both my wife, and Mom in law are very happy. Life can't get much better.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:09 pm

If you're of the opinion that miles should be used for tickets which you 'normally' would not justify paying cash for, then deals can certainly be had. I only use miles for first and international business, and have had little problem even around holiday periods. Economy has proven impossible. I just booked SFO-ATL-CUN-ATL-JFK-SFO in first class for 10 days before christmas through the 3rd of Jan. A week+ in both CUN and JFK - all for 60k per ticket. Can't complain really...

- BZ
Old Oct 9, 2006, 11:26 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
AM has added MEX/TIJ-NRT. So MEX/TIJ have now been added as another gateway to the pacific and potential routing for an award ticket. See this thread.
Old Nov 11, 2006, 6:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Ambassador Priority Club , Platinum Le Club, Senator LH
I have 25000 skymiles, I never fly anymore with delta or the skyteam so if anyone can use them then please tell me.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so mods feel free to remove or move it to the right one.

Guy
Old Nov 12, 2006, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Ambassador Priority Club , Platinum Le Club, Senator LH
Originally Posted by redcartiers
I have 25000 skymiles, I never fly anymore with delta or the skyteam so if anyone can use them then please tell me.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so mods feel free to remove or move it to the right one.

Guy
So it must be very hard to transfer or use miles with delta

Don't forget you will get them for free

Guy
Old Nov 13, 2006, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Gold

Guy
It's safe to say the majority of people posting in the Delta forum can "use miles".

The relevant question is: What are "your" intentions with "your" miles?
Old Nov 14, 2006, 8:01 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
So it must be very hard to transfer or use miles with delta

Don't forget you will get them for free

Guy

This is probably the wrong thread to post this. People are not coming here looking for miles, but answers to how to use their miles. Start a new thread with your offer and you will likely get more traffic.

^
Old Nov 28, 2006, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Aeroflot award buckets

Is there any information anywhere about Aeroflot award buckets?
Old Dec 20, 2006, 2:52 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by spgaston
Is there any information anywhere about Aeroflot award buckets?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...68&postcount=9

Last edited by apoivre; Dec 23, 2006 at 4:07 pm
Old Jan 5, 2007, 10:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG
It appears the NWA Japan website may have changed, and you can now search for Aeroflot availability:

http://asiares.nwa.com/?siteCode=JP&...rdtravelsearch
Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL GM,2MM [3.37TMM]
Originally Posted by spgaston
It appears the NWA Japan website may have changed, and you can now search for Aeroflot availability:

http://asiares.nwa.com/?siteCode=JP&...rdtravelsearch

Well, the link works fine, but I can't seem to bend this new site to my will: it will find NW flights between NW city pairs (ex: ATL-MSP). I can't seem to get it to find anything on a DL only city pair, say ATL-FRA or ATL-SXM.

Help! I need to book a Saver trip in a month!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.