kept spitting back the Amex and then the visa
credit cards I was trying to put in. After a
half hour of redoing the page and getting
nowhere I ended up doing the reservation by
phone (it was a great fare and I didn't want
to lose it.)

Told the reservation person I was going to
do it on-line but the site didn't like my
credit cards (payments are current, fyi.)

So I asked if I could still get the 1000 skymiles. Still have the printed copy of
the failed reservation.

Anyone else have problems booking on-line
here or elsewhere? Had no problems at BizTravel. Neither United or Continental.

All I wanted was a few extra miles and some
convenience!
Old Jul 24, 1998, 5:55 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I've used the Delta site in the past to book reservations (and get the 1000 bonus SkyMiles) and never had a problem before.

It may have been a temporary problem, but who knows ...
Old Jul 24, 1998, 5:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
I keep losing out, because I use Diners Club to buy tickets and Skylink won't take it...Delta can never give me a good reason why not......must have lost out on over 30,000 miles. Think anyone cares?
Old Jul 24, 1998, 9:24 pm
Original Member

Catman - I had the same problem a few months ago and when I got back from my trip, I sent a copy of my ticket and copies of the failed skylinks transaction to Delta and they gave me the bonus.

ALHCFP - Diner's Club does not have the same type of online approval system that other bank cards do so when you use it, a person actually has to call Diner's Club for approval. That is probably why you can't use it to book on the web.
Old Jul 24, 1998, 9:39 pm
Original Member

Thanks JoanH..but if that were the case than all Diners Club transactions would have to be phoned in...they can run the card thru res-terminals online...but they have to manually queue an e-ticket..sounds solvable if someone wanted to.

I know the system is different...my question has been why????
Old Jul 25, 1998, 1:42 pm
Original Member

Actually - when you charge it with reservations the ticket isn't really processed until after they have called for approval. So, it is possible that you could hang up with them thinking that you are all finished and then have them call you back later to request another credit card because Diners Club won't approve it. Therefore, no ticket is in the mail or out there until after it has been approved. (My main Delta friend started her career in a position that was responsible for calling on those tickets.) I would assume that the reason that they do not allow the e-tickets on the internet to be done this way is because the ticket is automatically issued. The approval process for those cards is not what it should be, I think that is why a lot of places won't accept them.

Just curious though, why don't you get an American Express card to charge them on? They go through with no problem which would allow you to get those mileage bonuses for booking on the web plus you get points with American Express that can go to an airline program.
Old Jul 25, 1998, 5:07 pm
Original Member

JoanH...I use Diners because it is the best card out there (granted their marketing dept does a lousy job of getting merchants)
60 days to pay and CDW is primary.

Understand your point..however when you go to CTO or airport and buy ticket they just swipe and print..apporoval is instant...so..
why not the same for e-ticket and internet.

Old Jul 25, 1998, 7:47 pm
Original Member

Could a partial answer be that Delta has an affiliation with American Express (Sky Miles Optima) and they don't want to promote Diners Club any more than they have to?

Old Aug 4, 1998, 2:27 pm
Original Member

Had a problem booking a ticket of the Delta.

Booked a multi-leg ticket and asked for an E-ticket. A few days later I received in the mail the receipt for the e-ticket and a FRESH ticket with the same legs but different flights. So I had two tickets charged to my credit card, One I did not require or authorize.

Of course then had to go through the whole hassle of trying to get a refund on the paper ticket. Probably with Delta lot easier to call and book. No errors and no hassles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.