Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Your request could not be processed. Check with an agent at airport.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2004, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium

So, I go to online check in for my flight on Nov 26th (I am at the 24 hour window), and I get the above message. I call, and they have no real idea why I can not check in online. Anyone else get this before?

My concern, is that as I am not going to be at the airport until early tomorrow morning, that I may loose my seat assignements.

Anyone seen this before when they attempt to online checkin?

FWIW, we are on a 1 way Itenerary in paid A BWI-CVG-SLC-HNL.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 5:54 am

Programs: DL DM
I had the same problem the other day with a three segment itinerary. Why would you lose your seats as a result?
Old Nov 25, 2004, 5:59 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Bkniaz
So, I go to online check in for my flight on Nov 26th (I am at the 24 hour window), and I get the above message. I call, and they have no real idea why I can not check in online. Anyone else get this before?

My concern, is that as I am not going to be at the airport until early tomorrow morning, that I may loose my seat assignements.

Just guessing, but based on your one way ticket, you may have been computer selected for the TSA grope and feel. Your boarding pass will have an SSSS on it when it prints. It could be something else altogether, but I'd give yourself a few extra minutes at the airport.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 6:54 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by Bkniaz

I would call the Delta Internet Help Desk (888- 750-3284) and see if they can reset the check-in option. Make sure that you have a contact number in your reservation and that there is nothing else missing. This happened to me the other day because there was no phone number. I would stay on the phone with them as you try to check-in again. If you are not a Delta FF member, I would sign up and make sure that the information is put in your record before you try to do.

I agree that you may indeed be a selectee since you are unable to do virtual check-in and have a one way ticket. If you put in NW or CO FF in your reservation, that will also increase your chance of being a selectee.

Don't forget to sign up for an online check-in bonus. I would do this before checking in.

If the above does not work,call Delta and ask to speak to a Customer Service Supervisor. Believe it or not, sometimes they can fix the problem when the internet help desk can't or won't.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:09 am

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DLfan
Just guessing, but based on your one way ticket, you may have been computer selected for the TSA grope and feel. Your boarding pass will have an SSSS on it when it prints. It could be something else altogether, but I'd give yourself a few extra minutes at the airport.
One way tickets almost always get the TAS SSSS treatment. Make sure to you get there early. At BWI DL uses the same concourse as Southwest and it can take forever to get through. If you are using a carry on bag make sure everything is in Clear plastic bags. Enjoy Hawai'i.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:31 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RunawayNFly
I would call the Delta Internet Help Desk (888- 750-3284) and see if they can reset the check-in option. Make sure that you have a contact number in your reservation and that there is nothing else missing. This happened to me the other day because there was no phone number. I would stay on the phone with them as you try to check-in again. If you are not a Delta FF member, I would sign up and make sure that the information is put in your record before you try to do.

I agree that you may indeed be a selectee since you are unable to do virtual check-in and have a one way ticket. If you put in NW or CO FF in your reservation, that will also increase your chance of being a selectee.

I'm calling BS on two things in your post.

#1. I never have a phone number in my ticket. For some reason my travel agent always forgets to do so. Only once have I had a problem where i couldn't checkin and didn't have the SSSS and it had to do with me changing the flight I was on and the person improperly reissuing the e-ticket.

#2. There is no way they randomly select more NW and CO people. That's just a ridiculous statement.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:47 am

I think it is the three segments. I had three segments in one day and received the same error. No SSSS on the boarding pass when they printed 'em at the ticket counter, but they said the computer showed that I had checked in online. Maybe I'll still get the bonus miles?
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
I've got this same message several times while flying one way from MLB to DAY. Since where I was staying in MLB was a couple minutes from the airport I drove over about 6 hours before my flight and asked the agent what was wrong? He gave me a puzzled look and said nothing and printed my boarding paSSSS... SSSSed.. I went ahead and checked in and made sure to pack my things a little differently since I knew I had a secondary screening coming..just made it easier for them to go through all of my things pretty much.
Old Nov 25, 2004, 3:26 pm

Angry

Originally Posted by jfulcher
I'm calling BS on two things in your post.

#1. I never have a phone number in my ticket. For some reason my travel agent always forgets to do so. Only once have I had a problem where i couldn't checkin and didn't have the SSSS and it had to do with me changing the flight I was on and the person improperly reissuing the e-ticket.

#2. There is no way they randomly select more NW and CO people. That's just a ridiculous statement.
Maybe not NW and CO people, but I always use my AM number and I have been SSSS out of ORD 7/7 flights. What are the odds of that??????
Old Nov 26, 2004, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier
It's a shame your odds of winning the lottery aren't that good huh? lol..
Old Nov 26, 2004, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Another reason for the website not to allow a person to do online checkin (nothing to do with this case) is if you are flying with a carryon pet. You are forced to go to the ticketcounter to pay for the pet that is noted in your reservation.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 11:29 pm

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
There may be a computer glitch at play. In the past month I was unable to check in through the "Itinerary" page twice. First time I called the Help Desk and they told me to go to the Home (opening) page, and choose the "online Check in" under "flight tools". Worked both times.

The only time I was rear"'SSSS'ed" - it had a message stating that "checkin at the airport was necessary".

So If it doesn't say any such thing, I would try to check in from the opening page's "FlightTools" first.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 12:26 pm

I have noticed that domestic segments of international itineraries (even where there is a stopover between the international and domestic segments) will appear as available for online check-in but the check-in will not work.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
to the poster that mentioned using NW or CO numbers is foolish.

Don't you think SSSSing one way tickets is foolish too? And even grandma knows about that one.

Or, even putting SSSS on a boarding pass giving you ADVANCE notice that you are being SSSSreened? Which means you can give your contraband to a friend to carry onboard.

How foolish is America?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 8:49 am

Location: Florida - Delta Charter DM/3.3MM; Lifetime SPG Plat; HH Gold;
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
to the poster that mentioned using NW or CO numbers is foolish.

Don't you think SSSSing one way tickets is foolish too? And even grandma knows about that one.

Or, even putting SSSS on a boarding pass giving you ADVANCE notice that you are being SSSSreened? Which means you can give your contraband to a friend to carry onboard.

How foolish is America?
Thank you! I was glad to see that other people (such as putting in AM FF # for a Delta flight) get SSSS'ed as I previously noted (when you fly on a different airline than the FF # that you supplied).

I am confident that the government is well aware of the ridiculous methods that they are currently using to SSSS people and how stupid it is to give advance notice as well. Until they can figure out a better system, we are stuck with this bureaucracy. It was wonderful to see the publicity over the weekend about the overly aggressive pat downs for secondary screening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.