Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delayed flights resulting in boarding passes removed even though we made gate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Flight 1968 was the delayed coming from Punta Cana to Charlotte. After arriving at Charlotte we found that our connecting flight (1656) to Detroit Was also delayed and we would make the flight. After clearing customs and American Airlines agent told us that our flight was still on the ground and they would call up and tell them that 11 passengers were on their way. We were told that our seats will be available when we got to the gate that was at 11:30 the flight did not the part until 1220 . My wife and three kids were the first to arrive out of our party of 11 and we were told our seats had already been given up, my sister arrived shortly after and the same thing happened to her. When the remaining five arrived my mother, my aunt, and four of my mothers friends they were still given seats to the flight. Adding insult, while we were at the gate 6, seats were available and they were given to people that were waiting stand by (as I watched them get the 6 seats that were taken from my family) forcing us to sleep in the airport until the next flight (5051)at 730am The original delay was weather and traffic controland understandable, however, once we arrived and the call was made and THEN half the party of 11 seats were given away??To actually make the departure time, and stand watching half my family leave, and 6 stand by passengers be given seats (before ours being given back) and ours taken is beyond poor customer service. The first response they tried to say we were held by customs that resulted in the boarding passes being omitted. After explaining that we cleared customs and were told by the desk agent to go to the gate and the GATE agent said we were taken off AFTER we cleared customs and 1 hour before the plane actually departed I've been told the same thing. "Nothing we can do! I've emailed several times with the same response. I continue to try to go up the chain. Anyone have suggestions?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.