Wiki Posts
Search

Reserve upgrade from the Plat. Delta AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Reserve upgrade from the Plat. Delta AMEX

For those of you who have upgraded from an amex plat to a reserve, how long did it take for "reserve" to show up on your SM profile?

Also curious if any of you have seen any difference in your upgrade chances with the card?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by Juanefny
For those of you who have upgraded from an amex plat to a reserve, how long did it take for "reserve" to show up on your SM profile?

Also curious if any of you have seen any difference in your upgrade chances with the card?
I upgraded last May and my recollection is that the status showed up before the end of the first billing cycle, and the MQMs right after the end of the first cycle.

Last edited by atl runner; Feb 12, 2009 at 3:15 pm
Old Feb 11, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I upgraded late last week and it showed up in my profile about 3 days later.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL 3MM/DM, AA 3MM/PLT, UA 1K
Originally Posted by dickinson
I upgraded late last week and it showed up in my profile about 3 days later.
3-4 days. 5000 MQMs hit after billing cycle.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
What he said.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 4:15 pm

Okay,
Back to part of the question that no one has answered.
I'm thinking of switching to the Reserve Card....but will
it make a difference in upgrade opportunity; i.e. booking
on a U fare; is there a difference at the 5 day window for PM?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold, MR Silver
Dilemma Upgrading to Delta Reserve from Delta Platinum

I called and upgraded from the DL Plat Amex to the Delta Reserve Card yesterday (2-11-09). My billing cycle rolls over on the 16th. Apparently, I didn’t give Amex enough time and they said they can’t mail me the card and officially upgrade my account until after my March statement date (34+ days away).

I was told by multiple Amex reps that even though I wouldn’t get my card until March 17th, my DL Plat would essentially be a Reserve card with all of the benefits on the Amex side except for benefits that needed the actual card like CRC. Also, they told me the Reserve card would show on the Amex website within 24-48 hours. They also said I could call card replacement and they could send me a Reserve card once I had been upgraded in their system. However, I have had 2 Amex reps say that I had to wait until March 17th to get upgraded in the Amex system and get my card. Those of you who posted that “Reserve” status showed up in your Delta profile after “Upgrading,” do you mean actually receiving your card or calling and upgrading? Has anyone had a card expedited before the statement rollover date? Does your delta platinum Amex have the Reserve benefits on the Amex side of things if I do get upgraded in their system and have to wait for my card? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by JL310; Feb 12, 2009 at 5:59 pm
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, Amex Delta Reserve & Various Cars
Originally Posted by CalDeltaFlyer
Okay,
Back to part of the question that no one has answered.
I'm thinking of switching to the Reserve Card....but will
it make a difference in upgrade opportunity; i.e. booking
on a U fare; is there a difference at the 5 day window for PM?
I don't know if it helps or not ... Delta/Amex says it does but how do you really know or find out. I have one and am 100% on upgrades so far this year (14 out of 14) so maybe it does?? Half of them were at the 5 day window and the other half were through the gate lottery!! If you ever find out a sure way to determine how much it really helps ... let us know.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 5:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by JL310
Those of you who posted that “Reserve” status showed up in your Delta profile after “Upgrading,” do you mean actually receiving your card or calling and upgrading? Has anyone had a card expediting before the statement rollover date? Does your delta platinum Amex have the Reserve benefits on the Amex side of things if I do get upgraded in their system and have to wait for my card?
I saw Reserve on both the Amex and DL websites within 48 hours of calling to upgrade and I used my Plat card while waiting for my Reserve card. I can confirm that all of my spending from seeing Reserve on the Amex site onwards counted toward the Reserve threshold. However, it only took about 10 days for me to receive my Reserve card and nothing was ever mentioned about my statement date. I upgraded my card shortly after my statement close date and received the card before the following statement date.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
What is the "Reserve threshold?"

What makes the card worth $500 a year or whatever it is?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by skmwalden
I don't know if it helps or not ... Delta/Amex says it does but how do you really know or find out.
See post #4.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...hierarchy.html

If you don't believe in delivery and value of the benefits don't take the card.

Last edited by 3Cforme; Feb 12, 2009 at 6:28 pm
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors, Marriott Rewards, Priority Club, Amex Delta Reserve & Various Cars
Originally Posted by 3Cforme

If you don't believe in delivery and value of the benefits don't take the card.
Personally I like the card ... it accomplishes everything I got it for: 1) accumulates Skymile points, 2) has the bonus MQM feature based on spending levels, 3) gets my wife and I into the CRC and finally 4) it may even help with my upgrades ...
Old Feb 12, 2009, 7:39 pm

Programs: DL-PM/R, 1985 US
A lot of money for a maybe.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:21 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
As the card gives you CRC access, if you are already a CRC member, can you cancel and get a pro rated refund of the CRC fee? I just renewed my CRC membership, but may consider this card later in the year if I need the extra MQMs.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Plat , 1.2 MM
I upgraded on 1/1/2009 and it took two weeks to see that reflected on my DL profile,than an additional week to get the actual card. Mrs. Wildcare upgraded a week after me and saw her profile ammended almost overnight and then the card arrived a few days later.My guess is that it has something to do with statement closing dates. The plat DL amex still accrues miles to our reserve accounts so we can still use them to make purchases to each others accounts-don't get the additional Reserve card ($125.) unless you need it for CRC access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.