Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reserve upgrade from the Plat. Delta AMEX

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold, JetBlue, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honors
Very confusing reading through this thread, so a simple question for those who have upgraded from Delta Amex Plat to Reserve...am I better off waiting until January? I will hit by 25k yearly spend this month for the 10k bonus mqm's. I opened the account in June of this year. So, I got the 5k already plus the other 10k coming for 15k total mqm's. I will not spend another 25k this year. I want to upgrade, but should I wait for the beginning of the year? Pros/cons?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you opened your DL AmEx Plat card account just in June 2012, you might not be able to upgrade to the Reserve card for some time, IIRC a year according to some newish federal legislation.

However, there have been reports that upgrading the card before attaining a threshold for MQMs allows the spend to carry to the new card, so that by moving fast you could get 15,000 MQMs for $30,000 total spend instead of 10,000 MQMs very soon for $25,000 spend now and not being able to reach the $30,000 threshold by the end of the year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.