Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 8, 08, 7:44 pm   #1
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 2P after 7 years of 1K, AA Plat, F9 Ascent, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 1,928
Delta Seat Assignment Question

Hi all, I have never posted in Delta before, I actually rarely fly Delta. Recently I bout a ticket through my company on a Delta flight, and reserved a seat through my agency. When I go to the Delta website it shows my reservation, however it says no seat assigned. When I try to select a seat, they are all grayed out. It won’t let me pick a single seat. It does say that I am Sky team Elite, to they have my status and should let me pick and exit row etc, any ideas why it won’t let me?
__________________
Post 3/3/12: UA Upgrade Rate 3%, AA Upgrade Rate 100%,
F9/WN Upgrade Rate = Div/0 Error with no expectation or disappointment.
emanon256 is offline  
Old Dec 8, 08, 7:48 pm   #2
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC
Posts: 875
Is the flight on Delta metal or is it operated by another carrier?
ttjoseph is offline  
Old Dec 8, 08, 7:54 pm   #3
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DEN
Programs: UA 2P after 7 years of 1K, AA Plat, F9 Ascent, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First
Posts: 1,928
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttjoseph View Post
Is the flight on Delta metal or is it operated by another carrier?
I thought it was Delta operated, but just noticed its Operated by Delta Connection Carrier, Comair.
__________________
Post 3/3/12: UA Upgrade Rate 3%, AA Upgrade Rate 100%,
F9/WN Upgrade Rate = Div/0 Error with no expectation or disappointment.
emanon256 is offline  
Old Dec 8, 08, 8:22 pm   #4
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL DM, 1.9MM
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon256 View Post
Hi all, I have never posted in Delta before, I actually rarely fly Delta. Recently I bout a ticket through my company on a Delta flight, and reserved a seat through my agency. When I go to the Delta website it shows my reservation, however it says no seat assigned. When I try to select a seat, they are all grayed out. It won’t let me pick a single seat. It does say that I am Sky team Elite, to they have my status and should let me pick and exit row etc, any ideas why it won’t let me?
You can still select seats on Comair. It's probably that all the seats have been assigned or are being held for gate check-in. You will have to wait until check-in to get a seat.
Smyrnaflyer is offline  
Old Dec 8, 08, 8:39 pm   #5
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MCO
Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG PL + Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyrnaflyer View Post
You can still select seats on Comair. It's probably that all the seats have been assigned or are being held for gate check-in. You will have to wait until check-in to get a seat.
You should call Delta reservations to be sure however
__________________
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed". ~Mark Twain~
MM/PM widget is offline  
Old May 25, 09, 3:02 pm   #6
cjd
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 1,389
My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help
__________________
Chris
cjd is online now  
Old May 25, 09, 3:14 pm   #7
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL DM, 1.9MM
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help
I can't imagine why you can't assign a seat. However, sometimes I try to book a ticket on the same itinerary and look at the seat map. It shows what seats are available for assignment.
Smyrnaflyer is offline  
Old May 25, 09, 3:31 pm   #8
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help
If you can PM me flight and date info, I can take a look at it for you. That's a bit of an oddity.
iTanNicNic is offline  
Old May 25, 09, 4:38 pm   #9
 
Join Date: May 2008
Programs: MR Plat, IC Plat, AS MVP Gold, DL Plat
Posts: 67
I've had many times where my seat selections at booking never get honored at check-in. This is on delta.com for DL metal. I get even stranger things when I book on delta.com for NWA metal. I'm a Delta PM, too.
cundo is offline  
Old May 25, 09, 7:59 pm   #10
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: SFO
Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help

I have an identical situation, I think. See my post "Flight Seat Maps" on p.5, posted May 21. In my case, the original booking was on NW. I'd appreciate input from anyone who thinks they can clear this up, since I really do like to be able to look at my seat within the cabin and "fiddle" with it if need be.
MeVoy is offline  
Old Apr 17, 11, 9:55 am   #11
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 7
delta/air france

i am flying sfo-cdg in business this summer. i selected seats on the delta website (flight is operated by air france), but when i look at the expedia seat selection, there is no person in the seat that i selected.
benhamine is offline  
Old Apr 17, 11, 10:02 am   #12
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BOS
Programs: DL FO, AA PLT
Posts: 2,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhamine View Post
i am flying sfo-cdg in business this summer. i selected seats on the delta website (flight is operated by air france), but when i look at the expedia seat selection, there is no person in the seat that i selected.
I would trust, in this order, the AF website, the DL website, and then Expedia. You should have an AF confirmation code. Go to the AF website and check there on your seat. If everything worked correctly, it should reflect the seat you chose on DL's website. If you don't have the code, call DL and ask for it.
__________________
We are, we are, we are the engineers!
<-----Tuba player parking only. All others will be blown away.----->
cmn.jcs is offline  
 
 
 

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:42 pm.