Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Dec 8, 08, 7:44 pm   #1

Programs: UA 2P after 7 years of 1K, AA Plat, F9 Ascent, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First
Delta Seat Assignment Question

Hi all, I have never posted in Delta before, I actually rarely fly Delta. Recently I bout a ticket through my company on a Delta flight, and reserved a seat through my agency. When I go to the Delta website it shows my reservation, however it says no seat assigned. When I try to select a seat, they are all grayed out. It won’t let me pick a single seat. It does say that I am Sky team Elite, to they have my status and should let me pick and exit row etc, any ideas why it won’t let me?
Old Dec 8, 08, 7:48 pm   #2

Is the flight on Delta metal or is it operated by another carrier?
Old Dec 8, 08, 7:54 pm   #3

Programs: UA 2P after 7 years of 1K, AA Plat, F9 Ascent, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond, Avis First
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttjoseph View Post
Is the flight on Delta metal or is it operated by another carrier?
I thought it was Delta operated, but just noticed its Operated by Delta Connection Carrier, Comair.
Old Dec 8, 08, 8:22 pm   #4

Programs: DL DM, 1.9MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon256 View Post
Hi all, I have never posted in Delta before, I actually rarely fly Delta. Recently I bout a ticket through my company on a Delta flight, and reserved a seat through my agency. When I go to the Delta website it shows my reservation, however it says no seat assigned. When I try to select a seat, they are all grayed out. It won’t let me pick a single seat. It does say that I am Sky team Elite, to they have my status and should let me pick and exit row etc, any ideas why it won’t let me?
You can still select seats on Comair. It's probably that all the seats have been assigned or are being held for gate check-in. You will have to wait until check-in to get a seat.
Old Dec 8, 08, 8:39 pm   #5

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Marriott Lifetime PL, SPG PL + Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Natl Lifetime Exec Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyrnaflyer View Post
You can still select seats on Comair. It's probably that all the seats have been assigned or are being held for gate check-in. You will have to wait until check-in to get a seat.
You should call Delta reservations to be sure however
Old May 25, 09, 3:02 pm   #6
cjd

My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help
Old May 25, 09, 3:14 pm   #7

Programs: DL DM, 1.9MM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjd View Post
My son is flying Manchester to Atlanta in July and he is unable to assign his seat in Business Class. He can bring up his itinery no problem but it won't let him assign a seat. Is there some time limit with Delta on international flights. We have looked at their website, but can't find info on this. Thanks for any help
I can't imagine why you can't assign a seat. However, sometimes I try to book a ticket on the same itinerary and look at the seat map. It shows what seats are available for assignment.
Old May 25, 09, 3:31 pm   #8

Quote:
If you can PM me flight and date info, I can take a look at it for you. That's a bit of an oddity.
Old May 25, 09, 4:38 pm   #9

Programs: MR Plat, IC Plat, AS MVP Gold, DL Plat
I've had many times where my seat selections at booking never get honored at check-in. This is on delta.com for DL metal. I get even stranger things when I book on delta.com for NWA metal. I'm a Delta PM, too.
Old May 25, 09, 7:59 pm   #10

Programs: AA ExPlat, NW Plat, UA 2P
Quote:

I have an identical situation, I think. See my post "Flight Seat Maps" on p.5, posted May 21. In my case, the original booking was on NW. I'd appreciate input from anyone who thinks they can clear this up, since I really do like to be able to look at my seat within the cabin and "fiddle" with it if need be.
Old Apr 17, 11, 9:55 am   #11

delta/air france

i am flying sfo-cdg in business this summer. i selected seats on the delta website (flight is operated by air france), but when i look at the expedia seat selection, there is no person in the seat that i selected.
Old Apr 17, 11, 10:02 am   #12

Programs: DL FO, AA PLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhamine View Post
i am flying sfo-cdg in business this summer. i selected seats on the delta website (flight is operated by air france), but when i look at the expedia seat selection, there is no person in the seat that i selected.
I would trust, in this order, the AF website, the DL website, and then Expedia. You should have an AF confirmation code. Go to the AF website and check there on your seat. If everything worked correctly, it should reflect the seat you chose on DL's website. If you don't have the code, call DL and ask for it.