Community
Wiki Posts
Search

delta live chat support

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

delta live chat support

Does anyone know where to find the link to the Delta Live Chat Support on Delta's website? I know its there ...i used it yesterday...but now i cant find it!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 8:50 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

It's a situational thing that only pops up when the site detects you could use it and it's available, AFAIK.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

are you kidding me? how do they "know"...thats kind of scary
Old Dec 1, 2008, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by mulaman984
are you kidding me? how do they "know"...thats kind of scary
it seems to come up after a certain amount of mouse inactivity or time on a page
Old Dec 1, 2008, 9:21 pm

Per the Delta web developer who posts to FT occasionally (I'm too lazy to find the thread), you can search for a flight and hit "Start Over" on the results page. This should trigger the chat popup.

Making the chat popup always accessible is on the to-do list...
Old Dec 1, 2008, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
I'm not sure I would even bother. The chat is basically worthless anyway. The chat agent is not able to override online booking bugs unless you pay the $20 direct ticketing fee (just like you had called on the phone).
Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Robert Leach
I'm not sure I would even bother. The chat is basically worthless anyway. The chat agent is not able to override online booking bugs unless you pay the $20 direct ticketing fee (just like you had called on the phone).
That wasn't my experience several months ago - I found a fare on ITA that wasn't showing on delta.com. I gave the online chat rep the fare basis codes and was able to buy the ticket without the direct ticketing fee. So I think this is worth a try.
Old Dec 2, 2008, 12:51 pm

Location: Anaheim, CA - Delta Platinum Medallion,Sky Team Elite Plus, American Airlines Platinum, OneWorld - Emerald, EK-Skywards Gold, VS Flying Club, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold. Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, Intercontinental Platinum Ambassador
I have used it and they were able to fix a problem the SMS desk res agent created. In fact, the chat agent fixed it in half the time I spent on the phone with the SMS desk!
Old Dec 2, 2008, 1:05 pm
Original Member

Programs: DL 3 MM/DM, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, National Exec Elite
My experience last week was this:

Trying to book an M fare ATL-LHR-ATL (stopover) - DCA. The fare allowed the stopover (for $50 extra), and the website would price it correctly, but when attempting to go to the next page I would get the infamous "sorry that fare is no longer available" error screen. Looking at ExpertFlyer, I knew there was plenty of M inventory on all legs, so the fare was, indeed, still available.

After totally failing to comprehend the problem, the live chat agent told me that if he/she booked it for me I would be charged the $20 direct ticketing fee.

I declined and called SMS instead, where of course the itinerary priced correctly and where, of course, I had to pay the $20 to have something done that the website could not do.

I think the stopover was what threw the system into dysfunction.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100k
Originally Posted by ttjoseph
Per the Delta web developer who posts to FT occasionally (I'm too lazy to find the thread), you can search for a flight and hit "Start Over" on the results page. This should trigger the chat popup.

Making the chat popup always accessible is on the to-do list...
I just tried that, and it didn't trigger the popup...
Old Jan 7, 2009, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by dgwright99
I just tried that, and it didn't trigger the popup...
it should have popped up in the page. i did just search for flights and if i didn't select any flights it didn't pop up. once i selected flights and hit start over it did appear.
Old May 18, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: Delta, Turkish Elite, American
Did live chat go away?
Old Jun 1, 2010, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AMEX DL Plat
i think so. which is sad, it was always easier to talk to someone than have to call. I don't want to disturb my coworkers.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
When did chat agents get so helpful? Any time I've asked them even the simplest question, they've told me to call. Ever since, I've assumed they were there to help people figure out where to type things.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 1:32 am

Please forgive me for waking a zombie thread, but this link came up when I searched the question myself. Finally the link popped up, here you go: https://chat1.delta.com/CONAV/chat/c...=1281338679179

Weird thing is - I get the option to talk to someone, my bf (same timezone, different region) gets an offline message

Anyway, hope that helps.

Last edited by ariamorte; Aug 9, 2010 at 1:36 am Reason: typographical error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.