Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Nov 20, 08, 11:11 am   #1

Programs: HH Gold,B6,DL,WN
? about Vinesse Wine Club/miles

Has anyone ever joined for the miles? I was thinking of joining and giving as a gift. Can anyone tell me if there is a minimum number of purchases required before canceling? I did the online chat on the Vinesse website and was assured there is no minimum but is does not state that anywhere on the website. I only have their word. Any one with experience with this?

Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:15 pm   #2

Location: SEA - DL DM/MM, *A Gold, SPG Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I did Vinesse once. Pretty quick and easy. All was as promised. Recipient was happy too.
Old Nov 20, 08, 12:31 pm   #3

Programs: HH Gold,B6,DL,WN
Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 08, 7:03 pm   #4

Was it difficult to unsubscribe (if you did)?
Old Jan 27, 10, 5:09 pm   #5

Thumbs down Unsubscribing from this service is very difficult and painful

These guys have some fineprint that says they will keep billing you and keep sending you more wine. I called them to cancel my service and they gave me a cancellation code. On that call, I asked them to refund my money, and they said yes, but the money was never refunded. Then I received a new shipment of wines. I disputed the charge with AMEX and they managed to trick AMEX once with some proof of shipping. I reopened the case with AMEX and gave AMEX the cancellation number I had received from Vinesse. This time, AMEX suggested I block that merchant from making any more purchases on my card and I approved that block. A month later, AMEX finally ruled in my favor and also sent me a personally written greeting card saying "sorry" :-)

However, Vinesse never bothered to contact me to recover the shipment and I got a few bottles of free wine in the process.

However, if I had purchased this thing on a debit card, I would not have been able to waive it off easily. So be prepared for a battle if you want to cancel your service and not receive more shipments.
Old Jan 27, 10, 5:55 pm   #6

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/ Sky Club
Thanks for the insights. I've been with them about 6 months now. I almost cancelled a few months back when I got tired of playing the adult signature game with UPS. In my state, a signature is required, UPS would always deliver when I'm at work. Now deliveries go to the UPS store who calls me when the shipment arrives and Vinesse covers the $6 fee.
Old Jul 12, 10, 6:16 pm   #7

easy to cancel

I joined Vinesse a few months ago when they had a 5000 mile bonus Delta offer with free shipping. I cancelled after the first box, and had absolutely no problem - I even returned a second box that I wasn't expecting, and they paid for the shipping both ways and credited my account within a day or two. I did feel guilty afterwards though, because the wine was actually pretty good, and I know I didn't pay enough for it to cover their costs
Old Jul 21, 10, 6:13 pm   #8

I'm hoping the miles post VERY SOON. I have somehow received TWO shipments in less than FOUR WEEKS Their website doesn't provide any way to email them -- I'd rather put it all in writing. I found their fax number online and have sent a fax inquiring about the miles.
Old Jul 21, 10, 9:30 pm   #9
Moderator: Credit Card Programs and Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: DL GM, WN CP, UA 2P; MR Plt, PC Plt, CC Gld, BW Dia
I had trouble with an unexpected shipment and an unannounced membership fee... Read about it here...
Old Jul 21, 10, 9:32 pm   #10

Programs: Any and all of 'em
When I signed up I received the wine 3-4 days later, and the bonus miles posted about 3 weeks after. They did send me three shipments within 2 months despite signing up for the 8 week interval.
Old Jul 21, 10, 10:15 pm   #11

Programs: SPG Plat, US Silver, DL Coal, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal View Post
I'm hoping the miles post VERY SOON. I have somehow received TWO shipments in less than FOUR WEEKS Their website doesn't provide any way to email them -- I'd rather put it all in writing. I found their fax number online and have sent a fax inquiring about the miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy24 View Post
When I signed up I received the wine 3-4 days later, and the bonus miles posted about 3 weeks after. They did send me three shipments within 2 months despite signing up for the 8 week interval.
My similar experience is posted in this thread:
DL - 5k Miles for $50 WineClub w/free ship

The introductory shipment comes when you register. The next regular shipment may come at any time after that -- not necessarily two months later. When I called to cancel, they said that the next shipment had already gone out. In reality, it didn't ship for another week. I called to refuse it and return it, but agreed to accept it for a reduced price.

None of the wines are great. Some of the wines are bad, IMO.

I joined as part of a DL bonus for partner activity. Unless there's a significant incentive such as that, I'd suggest that others avoid them altogether.
Old Jul 22, 10, 12:42 pm   #12

Programs: Delta Diamond Charter Member/ Sky Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALadyNCal View Post
They have a phone number also. In the beginning it was a challenge to get the miles posted, they do now like clockwork. I wasn't home enough to drink all the wine and was ready to cancel, instead had them put me on a every 3rd shipment cycle which is about right with a 6 bottle delivery every two months. I've been happy with the quality of the wine.
Old Mar 24, 11, 2:58 pm   #13

How long did it take for you guys to get your miles? I know they say 4-6 weeks, but if it is sooner, then that would be best for me!

Also, if you cancel right away, they wont take back the miles, would they ?