How can I earn MQM w/o flying?

Old Nov 25, 2008, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL PM
That's a good idea and I am seeing some fairly good rates although when taxes, etc are added, it'll still probably be 250-300 but that's less $ than actually having to stay. I've never checked into a room and not stayed at least one night-no problems with doing that?
Old Nov 25, 2008, 5:40 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
All --

I am in the boat of coming up short on MQMs. It seems to me that my best bet will be the Reserve card as I need 10k to make platinum.

My question -- and I have searched and can't find the answer to this specific question -- when do those MQMs get posted? I know it says 8-12 weeks, but are they retroactive to this year? Or do they count toward next year's status?

Thanks,
Matt
Old Nov 26, 2008, 5:07 am

Programs: you name it, i have it
Please ignore my original post - I figured it out and have got to get to the shuttle now to begin flying!!!

Last edited by dlfrflyer; Nov 26, 2008 at 6:07 am
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat Medallion, HHonors Silver, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by enigmamatt
All --

I am in the boat of coming up short on MQMs. It seems to me that my best bet will be the Reserve card as I need 10k to make platinum.

My question -- and I have searched and can't find the answer to this specific question -- when do those MQMs get posted? I know it says 8-12 weeks, but are they retroactive to this year? Or do they count toward next year's status?

Thanks,
Matt

I signed up on Nov 9, had to wait for the card in the mail, and made a charge to the iTunes store on Nov 16. MQMs posted on Nov 18. Of course, YMMV, but that was my experience.

Also, go through the partner link on the delta site for a better offer than your standard enrollment bonus (read the fine print).

18 Nov 2008 Delta SkyMiles Credit Card DR WEL BNS 0 10000 10000 10000
Old Nov 28, 2008, 11:09 am

It looks like I'll fly for the mqm's but what is the deadline for a MR to obtain status for next year? TIA
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:47 pm

Does anyone know if I book the pre-paid non ref. rate at a Hilton for tonight and tomorrow, will I even need to check in to receive my MQM's? TIA
Old Dec 18, 2008, 2:29 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Delta Skymiles Reserve

Do you know if one gets MQM by acquiring the Delta Reserve Skymiles card?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 2:43 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by luramos1
Do you know if one gets MQM by acquiring the Delta Reserve Skymiles card?
Welcome to FT, luramos1! Yes, you do get MQMs from opening a DL Reserve AMEX. It will be 10000 MQMs unless you have already gotten a MQM bonus from another AMEX card in which case it would be 5k MQMs. (I'm oversimplifying a bit, but you can read the T & Cs for yourself) Now, the real question you should be asking (in my opinion) is when those MQMs will post to your SM account. The answer appears to be, "It depends". If you need them for this year, I would get an email or some sort of statement from AMEX that the MQMs would post this year if that is what you need before even considering opening a DL Reserve AMEX. Good luck.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 3:39 pm

In addition to the MSM bonus from opening a DL Reserve AMEX, do you also get an MQM bonus for your first purchase?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.