Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Three-Tier System/Award Calendar In Effect

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2008, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
Originally Posted by whynotgo
I am searching for low mileage flights from Washington DC to Manila or Bangkok.
This is NOT workking

MNL does not even "fill-in" on the reservation page.

There are NO available flights to MNL, NONE.

The calendar does not work.
The reason that MNL won't work is the same as it has always been --- dl.com only accepts input of destinations that Delta either flies to or has codeshares to. While both the current version and the previous version will show many partners' available flights, neither version allows you to input a non-Delta or Delta codeshare destination.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by safigan
Multi-city functionality still not working for me ("one or more flights just sold out" message). This is a long darned time for this not to work at all-- how many thousands of award flights are people trying to book right now without success? The message about why they're not successful is false, and I suspect is known to be false by DL.
I think the multi-city function is more frustrating prior to getting the "one or more flights just sold out" message as there is no way to tell if the flights you are selecting are low, medium, or high. I often will use multi-city to get the routing I want as the website will often ignore more direct flights and only offer flights with more connections. I'm more than willing to have a longer layover to get a "low" flight, but as of now there is no way to tell when searching.

Anyone had any luck trying to get service fees waived due to the award calendar meltdown if calling to book the award res?
Old Sep 28, 2008, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I am of the same opinion -- it seems like DL management wanted to rush the implementation for their own reasons. When that happens, these kind of issues are not to be unexpected.
Unfortunately that doesn't explain why the old one never worked right either. The online award feature not working is by far the thing that frustrates me the most with DL.

Specifically, I'm trying to book a J ticket to ICN from the US. It shows Low as available on both the outbound and return, but the cost is 240K.

Last edited by El Boocho; Sep 28, 2008 at 4:27 pm
Old Sep 28, 2008, 4:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by El Boocho
Unfortunately that doesn't explain why the old one never worked right either. The online award feature not working is by far the thing that frustrates me the most with DL.

Specifically, I'm trying to book a J ticket to ICN from the US. It shows Low as available on both the outbound and return, but the cost is 240K.
It wasn't meant to explain "the old one", but I do get what you are saying.

It's more broken than I've ever seen it before ..... in more than one way
Old Sep 28, 2008, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
Originally Posted by brazzleman
I think the multi-city function is more frustrating prior to getting the "one or more flights just sold out" message as there is no way to tell if the flights you are selecting are low, medium, or high. I often will use multi-city to get the routing I want as the website will often ignore more direct flights and only offer flights with more connections. I'm more than willing to have a longer layover to get a "low" flight, but as of now there is no way to tell when searching.

Anyone had any luck trying to get service fees waived due to the award calendar meltdown if calling to book the award res?

I just did, $25 fee waived. Took forever though...
Old Sep 28, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
Very frustrating - tried for 2 days and every flight I get the sold out message and none of the itineraries display mileage levels
Old Sep 28, 2008, 9:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Delta MM, Lufthansa FTL, SPG Gold
Mooper, do you work for DL? Your replies seem too well crafted and strongly supportive of almost every aspect to which other FT's raise attention to.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 9:28 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, NW Gold for '09
This brings back fond memories when the "award pricing" was first introduced. I recall sitting on hold for a good hour at a time waiting for an IRR agent and then waiting while they figured out the taxes and stored them for us.
Old Sep 28, 2008, 10:06 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mitflyer
Mooper, do you work for DL? Your replies seem too well crafted and strongly supportive of almost every aspect to which other FT's raise attention to.
No, I do not work for nor with Delta in any capacity. I do own DAL stock, though I've disclosed this before and it isn't related to my supportive stance. I tend to be supportive because of my extensive business background, especially as it relates to IT and market theory. When I see a web developer attacked with complaints about the award price structure when he is trying to improve the web interface or people whine about fuel surcharges and other fees when the airline is bleeding cash and unable to raise revenues through fares, I try to quash the emotion and support logic.

Regarding this thread, I think it would be most productive to give bug reports and structural suggestions in an attempt to help DeltaWebDev do his job - not bash him, Delta management, and prices/fees/surcharges with the empty hope it will be productive.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 2:05 am

DL's new system totally sucks. Those of us at NW need to burn all of our Worldperks miles before they are captured by these lousy DL pirates.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by mooper

Regarding this thread, I think it would be most productive to give bug reports and structural suggestions in an attempt to help DeltaWebDev do his job - not bash him, Delta management, and prices/fees/surcharges with the empty hope it will be productive.
I agree that DeltaWebDev is an asset to this forum and should not under any circumstance be criticized. In fact, I praise him for his contributions. Also, this is not the forum to complain about fees. However, I believe DL's management is fair game, given the descent of DL's website form one of the best in industry to perhaps the worst. The award function hasn't worked in a year. Jeff's posts have been silent on the topic and it almost appears that DL's management is being deliberately deceptive (at worst) by making it more difficult to redeem, and/or intentionally trying to drive ticket redemptions to the phone for $$. Or, at best, DL's IT management are just complete fools (to generous a description actually).

I am not an IT guru, but my Dad always told me that anything worth doing in worth doing right. If, in my business, I botched implementations like DL has with its website, I would be looking for work.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 7:01 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mooper
No, I do not work for nor with Delta in any capacity. I do own DAL stock, though I've disclosed this before and it isn't related to my supportive stance. I tend to be supportive because of my extensive business background, especially as it relates to IT and market theory. When I see a web developer attacked with complaints about the award price structure when he is trying to improve the web interface or people whine about fuel surcharges and other fees when the airline is bleeding cash and unable to raise revenues through fares, I try to quash the emotion and support logic.

So it should be perfectly acceptable that DL management botches just about every major rollout of anything on their website?

The Award Calendar - still broken, even WORSE now.
Booking Award travel with partners online - half working some of the time
Searching +/- 1 day of travel when booking a revenue trip - broken - it's about as quality as the award calendar.

Those are all new things they've rolled out on their website that have honestly been disasters in my opinion.

Don't even get me started on stuff that has been broken for a while such as schedule changes to an existing booking.

Perfectly acceptable IT operation there.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
It wasn't meant to explain "the old one", but I do get what you are saying.

It's more broken than I've ever seen it before ..... in more than one way
Agreed.

It must be a resource allocation issue. Fixing this can't be that difficult and a company like DL has the ability (and I assume acts on that ability) to hire good people. Not fixing it probably keeps people from redeeming (good in DLs eyes), but ultimately it pisses off customers. Probably neither the intended nor desired effect.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by bamin
I just did, $25 fee waived. Took forever though...
Did you have to talk to India? I ususally get what I want from them, but it is a huge waste of time.
Old Sep 29, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
And I'll add one about the new Three-Tier system...

DL has just undertaken another round of schedule changes. They are reducing frequency JFK-ATH, and they've pulled the CR9's off DCA-JFK. So, they moved my JFK-ATH flight from a Thurs to a Fri, costing me a day in Athens (the Wed flight is booked full, award or revenue seat). But they left the DCA-JFK flight on the original day, leaving me an overnight at JFK (at least they called....).

This happened only a couple of days after the new award chart went into effect.

If I want to change destination >100 miles (if I chose FCO instead of ATH, for example), they want to cancel the old reservation, redeposit the miles, and charge me on the new chart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.