Wiki Posts
Search

New Three-Tier System/Award Calendar In Effect

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2008, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Just watchin'

As someone who has been chastised by some of the more ardent DL apologists (for describing reality as it see it), I am enjoying just sitting on the fence and watching this battle of the titans...

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Oct 19, 2008 at 10:30 pm
Old Oct 19, 2008, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by lls138
Mooper, are you Jeff Robertson incognito? busted
He must be... I for one have shared my great AND bad experiences with Delta on htis forum. I have NO ZERO ZILCH NADA reasons to just come onto this board to share my bad experiences with Delta. I'm almost positive that 95% of folks on this forums would not just make stuff up about how Delta screwed them. Hell how many Delta defenders show up when somebody posts about how Delta didn't take care of them because of a missed flight etc..... so overall I think most folks on here really do like the company including myself.

Is there a way to setup a poll on how this new calendar has affected people? Good, Bad, didn't affect at all options? I don't see why anybody on here would intentially vote bad if it really didn't. They have no reason to right?

I can tell you Delta has taken care of me in most situations that I've found myself in. I've even told Jeff on his blog that I would support his 3 tier system but it has to actually work correctly, but it doesn't, it's broke PERIOD! No other company in a different feild could get away with these broken items. Example, most online retailers will give you the price they advertised because of their own mistake, however this is one instance that I cannot be behind them because I CANNOT book the awards that I want without paying a telephone fee.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by lls138
Mooper, are you Jeff Robertson incognito? busted
That's the kind of conspiracy theory I was talking about. And man, c'mon... if I was someone incognito, you could at least claim I am a guy cooler than Jeff

I'm pro-business and I have a distaste for emotional rather than factual/logical reactions. That's all that is behind my support. (I do own DL stock, as well as a couple other airlines, but I'm certainly not defending them because I think it will make me rich.)

Originally Posted by amps
Is there a way to setup a poll on how this new calendar has affected people? Good, Bad, didn't affect at all options? I don't see why anybody on here would intentionally vote bad if it really didn't. They have no reason to right?
The sample of people you'd be dealing with - the ones who would read the poll and be interested in voting in the first place - won't be accurately representative of the flying population at large. It's not just here - it is a common and widespread phenomena that companies get disproportionate negative feedback relative to the overall displeasure as a percentage of their users/customers.

I don't doubt for a second that 90%+ of people here would claim that the new tier system stinks/is screwing them/etc... but it wouldn't change the fact that low/saver is still widely available, that the calendar - while buggy and far from ideal- is being worked upon and usable for many, and that devaluation is not a blanket phenomena - many, including me, are getting higher than ever CPM for redemptions.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: Delta AMEX sky miles
Total Confusion re: 3 tier Delta

I have been using our FF miles for international travel BIZ for several years. It is really the only reason we use our Delta AMEX for every purchase. Now, I am trying book for Sept '09 and every time I go on their web site; I get a different milage quote. From 200,000 one way to 150,000 R/T. It makes absolutely no sense. Just for curiosity I checked back for R/T same trip for March and was quoted 100,000 miles. What is going on? i thought the earlier you booked out 331 days the better milage would be offered. We are ready to cancel our AMEX and get another CC with another airline. Frankly, Delta's Biz class is not the best for comfort anyway. Opinions, please? Judy
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hopefully be DL nothing in 1 more year / Hertz Something / Hilton Honors Diamond
Calendar is in soft launch mode right now.... you may want to read this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=869337
Old Oct 20, 2008, 12:52 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by amps
Calendar is in soft launch mode right now.... you may want to read this thread.
Probably better to talk about "soft launch mode," considering that it's not an actual soft launch.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL GM
soft? It is unusuable, inaccurate, and a sophomoric customer service decision.
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:01 pm

Sorry, my soft attempt at some sarcasm....
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EP and former UA 1K
Did I miss something recently. Wasn't US-Europe at 50K for coach tickets? The award chart on Delta.com is showing 60K. Did I misread the old one or did it change?
Old Oct 20, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by RDimperio
Did I miss something recently. Wasn't US-Europe at 50K for coach tickets? The award chart on Delta.com is showing 60K. Did I misread the old one or did it change?
Oh lord......
Old Oct 20, 2008, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Bad omen.

We can run, or we can bend over. There's nowhere to hide.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 12:22 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Add in the cost of various non-refundable fees on award tickets and other DL revenue charges on award tickets, and it's clear that

We can run, or we can bend over. There's nowhere to hide.
DL SkyMiles is an abusive frequent flyer program. It works better as a frequent (car rental) driver program.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 1:49 am

Yeah, Jeff Robertson is beginning to make Rob Borden look like a Boy Scout. He is the most anti-consumer ff program head at any US airline.
Old Oct 21, 2008, 5:48 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaWebDev
i asked one of the members on my team to do a post on the delta blog on the topic because i figured the above comments would be here. its available as of now for those interested in reading it: Third Awards Tier Improves Calendar Performance
This link is broken. Here is the new link
http://blog.delta.com/2008/10/20/thi...r-performance/

With all the comments here on FT about how bad the award calendar works, I am surprised no one has posted feedback on the official Delta blog. Come on, are you guys shy ?
Old Oct 21, 2008, 8:29 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Oh lord......
definitely 60k RT to Europe. PDX-MXP in Nov is wide open in 'low' - but it's 60k plus $162 in taxes/fees. Wasn't the 'low' tier supposed to offer a fare even lower than the old standard?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.