Wiki Posts
Search

New Three-Tier System/Award Calendar In Effect

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2008, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by lls138
And....
Two weeks later and not one apparent change (or correction) has been made. Come on now...

You have announced lie-flat seats on LHR flights as "Elite fliers demand it". What about flyers cashing in their miles on-line.....by definition, most of us are elite.
Amen. This is a disaster among all the other IT disasters at DL. Jeff should be ashamed of the company which he serves as an Exec. This is easy stuff...Hire some geeks from Orbitz, NW, Expedia, etc...but do something with this "soft launch" (by which the definition I believe entails having an alternative).
Old Oct 12, 2008, 1:53 am

Programs: DL GM
last 3 hours it says

Are they fixing it?????...current message

"We’re Experiencing Some Turbulence
Our website hit some rough air, so the page you’re trying to reach isn’t available at the moment.

We’ve alerted our technology team, and they’re working hard to get this fixed for you right away. Check back with us in a few minutes."

I doubt it
Old Oct 13, 2008, 2:28 pm

Annoying new bug today.....No Last seat availability! whatever

Searching SAN-PHL for end of october...outbound available at all three levels, PHL-SAN states "n/a" for return for all dates except Oct 28 (FC). huh??
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:16 pm

I hope they get the bugs out of this new award system soon as it is very annoying.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:26 pm

Programs: /usr/bin
The new award calendar adds insult to injury. The sky miles inflation was bad enough, this is enough to make me take my business elsewhere. It is completely unusable.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by gt_croz
It is completely unusable.
You are being too kind
Old Oct 14, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: DL, UA
Like everyone else - I am having trouble with the award calendar too. I fired off a quick email to DL complaining about it (one the off chance they don't think its a real problem) and received a reply that made me laugh out loud:

"Thank you for your comment about delta.com.

We understand that you were experiencing some difficulty booking your
travel through delta.com. The site is currently operational, and no
similar reports have been recorded. We continuously strive to make our
site accessible for all users of the Internet. ....(etc etc etc, reasons why its my fault, and how I should call a booking agent)"

Seriously, there have been NO similar reports? Am I supposed to believe that?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by tmapian
Guilty. I've not reported/complained that the award calender hasn't even come up the past 4 or 5 days. Will go help out now.
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:03 am

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
It seems to be getting worse rather than better

I'm guilty of not contacting Delta on this one, but I've got way too many replies of "thank you but no thank you" from them, so this is partially a vent. I've read the forum for a year, but finally want to add my voice at my frustration on the "new and improved" award system...

I was actually able to get a trip to come up from Tampa to Budapest for the end of this month in business, but the lowest number of miles required was 140,000 even though both of the trips listed as "lowest" and the lowest r/t from the US to Europe was show on the mileage chart was 100,000. Checking again on the delta site on their new mileage requirements, there was no combination from the US to Europe that I could come up with that added up to 140,000 miles...

I've got over 100K miles this year already, so I'm not new at this just a bit frustrated at Delta's lack of quality and testing of their computer systems...
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:47 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Originally Posted by tmapian
We understand that you were experiencing some difficulty booking your
travel through delta.com. The site is currently operational, and no
similar reports have been recorded. We continuously strive to make our
site accessible for all users of the Internet. ....

The 12 year old Pakistani who maintains/runs Delta.com probably thought you couldn't book a ticket. He may not have understood that the main complaint was the complete uselessness of the calendar itself.

Last edited by DLdweeb; Oct 14, 2008 at 11:05 am
Old Oct 14, 2008, 9:57 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
I am having the same problems as everyone else. This is so frustrating. Do BE skysaver awards to Europe at 100,000 miles even exist anymore??? Their lowest has been 150,000. This really really bites. I am so fed up with this new system.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 4:06 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by fabulousflygirl
I am having the same problems as everyone else. This is so frustrating. Do BE skysaver awards to Europe at 100,000 miles even exist anymore??? Their lowest has been 150,000. This really really bites. I am so fed up with this new system.
DL wanted to increase the number of miles (and the amount of money) it charges for award ticket redemptions and this kind of pricing is going toward that.

The writing has dried on the wall.
Old Oct 15, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: CO PE, DL PM
Here is a useful metric to measure the devaluation of a delta skymile, as compared to partner miles -

CO Booking - LAX-HNL Coach EasySaver
17.5K miles o/w on CO or NW metal
20K miles o/w on DL metal
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:01 am

Programs: N/A (kid =! no travel :( )
New "3 Tier" system

Well this is the first time I can claim to be annoyed with skymiles. I have been trying to get enough miles for a RT to athens with the GF first class and actually had dates and everything that would work and now they made this change. While in theory nothing major should have changed it appears they have made the international flights nearly all medium or above level (when before just 3 days ago half were low). Also even when searching the lows for possible new dates the lowest RT I could find was costing 150k compared to the 100k. Can anyone here at all find dates from IAH to ATH that actually cost their 'low' value? This isn't for my use I am just wondering if they actually exist now.

Quite annoyed and definitely thinking of switching over to AA/Con
Old Oct 17, 2008, 10:27 am

Programs: ua dl
Originally Posted by pattermj
Well this is the first time I can claim to be annoyed with skymiles. I have been trying to get enough miles for a RT to athens with the GF first class and actually had dates and everything that would work and now they made this change. While in theory nothing major should have changed it appears they have made the international flights nearly all medium or above level (when before just 3 days ago half were low). Also even when searching the lows for possible new dates the lowest RT I could find was costing 150k compared to the 100k. Can anyone here at all find dates from IAH to ATH that actually cost their 'low' value? This isn't for my use I am just wondering if they actually exist now.

Quite annoyed and definitely thinking of switching over to AA/Con
You live in houston and don't already fly predominantly continental? Thats impressive. I would start continental if I were you as when they "join" with UA it will be an impressive route chart to get everywhere

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.