Earn up to 8500 miles with partner hotels

Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver, Hertz #1 Five Star
Earn up to 8500 miles with partner hotels

I got the email just a few minutes ago:

Earning miles toward Award Travel is easy when you fly Delta or participate with any of Delta's 100+ SkyMiles® partners. And now through November 30, 2008, wherever your travels take you, you can earn up to 8,500 miles with qualified stays at any SkyMiles hotel partner worldwide. And in the morning, you will be that much closer to your next Award Travel.

Here's how it works:

* Stay at any SkyMiles partner hotel between 9/1/08 and 11/30/08
* Earn 1,000 bonus miles for your first qualifying stay*
* Earn 2,500 bonus miles for your second qualifying stay
* Earn 5,000 bonus miles for your third qualifying stay

You can earn up to 8,500 bonus miles.

Click here for a full list of SkyMiles hotels at your destination.

For details about this offer, see Terms & Conditions.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
I was just reading over this email offer as well...

My only question is; how do we register so that it's automatically credited, or is that done on the hotel's end?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
I am going to assume that we need to have the option of earn miles selected at each of these programs. Correct?
And if so, can I use the double dip option of points AND miles at the Hilton branded properties?

And if I choose miles for Marriott, will I miss out on the megabonus promotion starting 9/15?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by TonyTone
Click here for a full list of SkyMiles hotels at your destination.
Here is the link

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...otelEngagement
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:36 am

This offer is kind of confusing. I don't know how to participate in this. Anyone have an idea? I am already stayin in marriotts so I would love to get these bonus miles
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:40 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, HH Diamond, AA EXP, VS Gold, BAEC Silver, Global Entry, UK RT
I have stays already booked for that time period. I wonder if they will earn the bonus miles.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:51 am

I did not get this email, seems targeted as there is no mention of it on DL's website. Or am I missing the link?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:29 pm
Suspended

does one need to register for this at all? Would transfering points from say hilton or starwood qualify?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:30 pm

The Terms & Conditions seem to suggest that all you do is "qualifying stay" at the hotel. No registration that I can see of.
Terms & Conditions
Offer Eligibility:
Offer valid for recipient only, and cannot be transferred. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. To participate in this offer, you must be a SkyMiles member and have a qualifying stay at a SkyMiles hotel partner between September 1 and November 30, 2008. *A qualifying stay is defined as any stay at a SkyMiles hotel partner completed between September 1 and November 30, 2008, where such stay is eligible to earn SkyMiles. A maximum of 8,500 miles may be earned under this offer.

Bonus:
Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion ends for all bonus miles to post.

Miscellaneous:
Offers void where prohibited by law. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® or Million Miler™ status. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Offers, prices, and rules are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide and Program Rules.

© 2008 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Marriott Plat
PBIFLYER --

Yes you would miss out on the Marriott Megabonus opportunity starting on 9/15 if you had your marriott account set to earn Delta miles & not points. A qualifying stay for the Marriott Megabonus is a stay after 9/15, with earnings going toward Marriott points (& obviously paid with your visa...)

Anyone find an answer to the Hilton Double Dip Question yet?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL Silver, HH Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Silver
T&C's - seems to be targeted

I got the email, I'm an FO and have only credited stays to Delta during the Hilton MQM promo earlier this year.

Terms & Conditions
Offer Eligibility:
Offer valid for recipient only, and cannot be transferred. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer. To participate in this offer, you must be a SkyMiles member and have a qualifying stay at a SkyMiles hotel partner between September 1 and November 30, 2008. *A qualifying stay is defined as any stay at a SkyMiles hotel partner completed between September 1 and November 30, 2008, where such stay is eligible to earn SkyMiles. A maximum of 8,500 miles may be earned under this offer.

Bonus:
Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after the promotion ends for all bonus miles to post.

Miscellaneous:
Offers void where prohibited by law. Bonus miles do not count toward Medallion® or Million Miler™ status. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Offers, prices, and rules are subject to change without notice. Additional restrictions may apply. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit Membership Guide and Program Rules.
© 2008 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:46 pm

Programs: Delta-Platinum; Marriott-Platinum; PC - Gold
Originally Posted by terockwo
PBIFLYER --

Yes you would miss out on the Marriott Megabonus opportunity starting on 9/15 if you had your marriott account set to earn Delta miles & not points. A qualifying stay for the Marriott Megabonus is a stay after 9/15, with earnings going toward Marriott points (& obviously paid with your visa...)
There is no bonus going on right now (9/1-9/15) so it would make sense to use this opportunity to get the 8500 while not missing out on the Fall Megabonus.

Originally Posted by terockwo
Anyone find an answer to the Hilton Double Dip Question yet?

*A qualifying stay is defined as any stay at a SkyMiles hotel partner completed between September 1 and November 30, 2008, where such stay is eligible to earn SkyMiles.

The T&C seem clear to me on Hilton Double Dip - they are eligible stays.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by bryice
There is no bonus going on right now (9/1-9/15) so it would make sense to use this opportunity to get the 8500 while not missing out on the Fall Megabonus.
An excellent suggestion. Just changed a three day stay at a Marriott to 3 stays at various Marriott properties. Changed my earning choice to my DL account. 8500 miles by September 10th!
Thanks.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver, Hertz #1 Five Star
I am sorry that I did not include the Terms and Conditions.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:44 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Sorry if I missed something in a post above, but have we come to a determination yet as to whether this is targeted, or available to all SM members?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.