Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger) [closed to posting]
Sign in using an external account

Old Jul 25, 08, 5:38 pm   #1

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
20k miles for free with Bosley

I don't know if this has been posted yet (then I'm sorry), but it seems like an good deal (not that I need it, but the miles

http://www.bosley.com/delta/

Did anyone try it? (getting the miles for free)
Old Jul 25, 08, 5:41 pm   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Grrr... this is obviously targetted. I still have all of my hair
Old Jul 25, 08, 5:43 pm   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
Grrr... this is obviously targetted. I still have all of my hair
How about any friends?
Old Jul 25, 08, 5:56 pm   #4
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Any mileage hoarders willing to go through the procedure just for the miles?
Old Jul 25, 08, 7:43 pm   #5
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
The 20k is just for initial consultation. The big prize is 150k miles for 800 grafts or more.

I can't find any info on the cost of the initial visit. Also, there's no consultation office in my area. Just a surgical office.
Old Jul 25, 08, 9:55 pm   #6

Programs: A3, AA, AF, AS, BA, SQ, UA, US, IHG, SPG
Hair promo not targeted

It doesnt seem to be targeted - I don't think Delta knows which flyers have hair and who don't

20K for initial consultation - the information KIT is free, but I suspect the consultation would cost around US$100-200 to compensate their mileage costs.

Can hair restoration be done on other areas than the head? I would love to have some macho chest hair
Old Jul 26, 08, 2:06 pm   #7

Programs: I have commitment issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighclubnz View Post
It doesnt seem to be targeted - I don't think Delta knows which flyers have hair and who don't

20K for initial consultation - the information KIT is free, but I suspect the consultation would cost around US$100-200 to compensate their mileage costs.

Can hair restoration be done on other areas than the head? I would love to have some macho chest hair
according to their website, the consultation is free.

So, who's going first?
Old Jul 26, 08, 2:19 pm   #8
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red
A new lower patch? Giggety.
Old Jul 26, 08, 3:19 pm   #9

Programs: DL FC, NW
Quote:
Originally Posted by alief View Post
according to their website, the consultation is free.

So, who's going first?
Telephone consultations don't count for the 20k.
Old Jul 26, 08, 3:26 pm   #10

Programs: SkyMiles, Dividend Miles, True Blue, Membership Rewards
My hair on the top of my head abandoned me, so screw it to top of my head is on it's own. But, since there is one near work, I can get a free consultation for 20K free miles. Lets see how hard the sales pitch is. I will call the beginning of August after my trip and report back.

-Dave
Old Jul 26, 08, 3:28 pm   #11

Programs: I have commitment issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCGamecock View Post
Telephone consultations don't count for the 20k.
doh, I didn't read it properly - thanks.
wonder how much an in-person consultation costs.

isn't life funny - women will spend alot of time and money to have hair permanently removed and this offer is to have it permanently replaced.
Old Jul 26, 08, 3:44 pm   #12
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
My hair on the top of my head abandoned me, so screw it to top of my head is on it's own. But, since there is one near work, I can get a free consultation for 20K free miles. Lets see how hard the sales pitch is. I will call the beginning of August after my trip and report back.
That's dedication to SkyMiles.
Old Jul 27, 08, 12:41 pm   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyTLe View Post
That's dedication to SkyMiles.
I remember BA promo when for Jaguar test drive they gave 10k miles per person. I told dealer that I'm there just for miles and he just signed paperwork without any test drive.
Old Jul 27, 08, 1:34 pm   #14

Programs: US Chairmans, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, IC AMB, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*, Sixt Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

So if you go in for a consultation with a full thick head of hair do you think they would still give you the miles?
Old Jul 27, 08, 1:49 pm   #15

Programs: US Chairmans, AS MVPG, SPG Plat, IC AMB, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*, Sixt Plat
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8330/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Ok, I just called the 800 number and found out the consultation is FREE!!

They have a office in my city (Columbia, SC) so I think I'm going to call for a consultation tomorrow.
Old Jul 28, 08, 2:15 pm   #16

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
I don't have much hair but its by choice - do you think they'd let me come in for a consultation even though i don't need hair implants and then when they tell me that I could say something like "you mean the reason I don't have hair is because the barber shaves my head and if i stop doing that it will grow back....."

would that fly? and get me the 20k miles?
Old Jul 28, 08, 2:20 pm   #17
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer View Post
would that fly? and get me the 20k miles?
That's more legit than my full had of hair.
Old Jul 28, 08, 3:21 pm   #18
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP75, IHG/PC Plat Ambassador, Choice Plat, National Executive Elite
I've requested a free consult in Nashville - my hair is indeed thinning but I ordinarily get around facing the facts by giving myself a buzz-cut every two weeks . . . Due to give myself a haircut but will hold off for a week.
Old Jul 28, 08, 3:26 pm   #19

Programs: Hilton/Starwood/ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Please report how the consultation goes...I am thinking about going in...I do have full hair but my father by about 60 was half bold...so I am being 20 years proactive here:-)

I wonder if they have an elaborate phone screening system to keep us out
Old Jul 28, 08, 3:57 pm   #20

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
well.. i'm 28, and I've lost a few hairs.. but I'd say that 99.9% is still left..

I booked a consult.. lol

I'll let you know how it goes.. See how much it'll cost to replace.01% of my hair.. and how about some salve to keep it from falling out in the future.. lol
Old Jul 28, 08, 6:01 pm   #21

I booked my consult for this Wednesday. I have a very full thick head of hair so we'll see what happens.
Old Jul 28, 08, 7:02 pm   #22

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Registered for the consultation. I'm only 23 and have a 99% full head of hair. But 20k free miles, oh boyyyy!
Old Jul 28, 08, 7:08 pm   #23

Programs: Long Live NWA Silver Elite,Delta Silver Medallion
Before you get the procedure

I could use the procedure...but before you do it, you might want to do a little bit of research on Bosley...

TBF
Old Jul 28, 08, 7:12 pm   #24
Suspended

This has to be the weirdest SkyMiles promotion ever.
Old Jul 28, 08, 7:16 pm   #25

Programs: UA 1K, DL Silver, WN, AA
I cannot wait to hear back from you guys with a full (or slightly full) head of hair...

I imagine th conversation would be pretty funny.
Old Jul 28, 08, 7:34 pm   #26

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold
Well if these full headed consults turn out, them I'm all for it! 34yo here and a nice bushy head of hair but what the heck?
Old Jul 28, 08, 7:34 pm   #27

Programs: HH, BD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpapadop View Post
I do have full hair but my father by about 60 was half bold...so I am being 20 years proactive here:-)
A better indicator of your likelihood to keep your hair is your mother's father.
Old Jul 28, 08, 7:52 pm   #28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld View Post
I cannot wait to hear back from you guys with a full (or slightly full) head of hair...

I imagine th conversation would be pretty funny.
I'd love to hear if anybody get's a go ahead with a full head. You should say this is a preventive measure.
Old Jul 28, 08, 8:35 pm   #29
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP75, IHG/PC Plat Ambassador, Choice Plat, National Executive Elite
Quote:
Please report how the consultation goes...I am thinking about going in...I do have full hair but my father by about 60 was half bold...so I am being 20 years proactive here:-)
Well, I would guestimate about 85% of the hair up top. One has to be pretty darn tall - and I have to delay cutting my hair - to see that my pate is thinning, as I am 6'2" . . .
Old Jul 29, 08, 7:48 am   #30

Programs: Delta PM, HH, CRC
I was going to tell them i wanted to have chest hair like Austin Powers

lol
Old Jul 29, 08, 8:27 am   #31
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigfish View Post
I could use the procedure...but before you do it, you might want to do a little bit of research on Bosley...
There's a big difference between scheduling a quasi-legitimate (e.g. I am losing my hair) consultation for 20K miles and having a probability > 0 of actually using their service. As long as I cut my hair twice a month, no one's the wiser, plus I declared years ago that I would just cut it all off when (if) I lost all the hair up top.
Old Jul 29, 08, 2:03 pm   #32

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
hahah, this is awesome. i have a full head, but if it works for you other full-haired guys...
Old Jul 30, 08, 9:05 am   #33

Programs: DL Silver/MM, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat
Information about the cost per graft can be found here:

http://www.battleagainstbald.com/bat...f_the_bos.html

It doesn't give the price per graft for the minimum 800 grafts for the promotion, but it does say that it is $9.50 per graft for 600 and $8.00 per for 1200, so with some extrapolation, you would be paying well over $7,000 to do the minimum 800 to get the 150k miles.
Old Jul 30, 08, 9:31 am   #34
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1148 View Post
It doesn't give the price per graft for the minimum 800 grafts for the promotion, but it does say that it is $9.50 per graft for 600 and $8.00 per for 1200, so with some extrapolation, you would be paying well over $7,000 to do the minimum 800 to get the 150k miles.
Or $0 - my time has some opportunity cost, but I can always schedule errands / projects - for 20,000 miles.
Old Jul 30, 08, 2:24 pm   #35

I just had my consultation. I am 23 and I have a completely full head of hair but they talked with me anyways. I said I had a family history of hair loss and was worried about losing my hair. He looked at my hairline, said he didn't think I had lost any hair yet and told me about some medicines to take to prevent hair loss. They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!

Last edited by uva185; Jul 30, 08 at 2:53 pm.
Old Jul 30, 08, 9:02 pm   #36

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Nice.... I have mine in three weeks. My mom told me tonight, "now DiscoPapa, don't start listening to them....you know they are going to try and talk you into buying something." , haha!
Old Jul 30, 08, 9:08 pm   #37

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by uva185 View Post

I just had my consultation. I am 23 and I have a completely full head of hair but they talked with me anyways. I said I had a family history of hair loss and was worried about losing my hair. He looked at my hairline, said he didn't think I had lost any hair yet and told me about some medicines to take to prevent hair loss. They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!
well that settles it..I'll schedule my full head of hair consult!
Old Jul 31, 08, 7:48 am   #38

Programs: Hilton/Starwood/ClubCarlson Gold, PC Platinum, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
>>>>>>> They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!

So, you left with some type of receipt?
Did you ask about how you get the miles?

Are they supposed to "send the paperwork/notification in" for you like some of the car companies were doing for test drives for gift cards...still waiting for my Subaru gc after a test drive, the manager "took care of it"...no Subarus ever for me

Please post the details of the arrangement if any....or are you just mailing in or faxing your consultation "receipt"?

Thank you.
Old Jul 31, 08, 7:52 am   #39

Hi.everyone:

I also want this free 20 K miles, but there is only a Surgical Office in my area, Can I get a consulation in this office or I have to go to a consulation office which will be more than 3 hours drive.Thanks
Old Jul 31, 08, 8:28 am   #40

Quote:
>>>>>>> They were very professional and in fact they asked how I heard about them. I told him about the Delta promotion and he said it sounded like a good deal. The whole process took less than 10 minutes!!

So, you left with some type of receipt?
Did you ask about how you get the miles?

Are they supposed to "send the paperwork/notification in" for you like some of the car companies were doing for test drives for gift cards...still waiting for my Subaru gc after a test drive, the manager "took care of it"...no Subarus ever for me

Please post the details of the arrangement if any....or are you just mailing in or faxing your consultation "receipt"?

Thank you.
No receipt was given. They took my SkyMiles number when I scheduled the appointment. The local offices are linked up with "headquarters" so they will know you visited and the miles should automatically post. I was a bit nervous when I left the appointment because the local office did not even know about the promotion. I called the 800 number and they assured me everything was fine and i would in fact receive my miles.

So now the greed in me comes out... What if you were to open a new SkyMiles account under a random name, get another free consult and pay to transfer the miles into your account. With the 25% bonus on transfers you can get 25000 miles for $230