20k miles for free with Bosley

Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:21 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I signed up too
Old Jul 31, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, SPG.
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Any idea how long it will take for the consultation miles to post?
The terms and conditions say "6-8 weeks after qualification". I presume "qualification" is the date of your consultation.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta, AAdvantage, WorldPerks, HHonors, Dividend Miles
Miami

I made an appointment in Miami, earliest they have is two weeks from today. We will see how it goes
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:34 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Troy, MI

>>>>>>>I just scheduled a consultation for Monday at their Troy, MI office.

I will be near there next Wednesday and I am calling tomorrow to schedule a consulation at that office. Please let us know how it goes on Monday.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I requested my consultation online early but my appointment isn't until 16 August - the good part is that I'll be able to schedule a lot of errands around those 20K miles. Of course, there will be three tiered rewards by the time those miles credit . . .
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Silver, CO Silver, AA, Wyndham ByRequest
Anybody know if your consultation has to be by August 25, or if you just have to request one by that date?
Old Jul 31, 2008, 8:43 pm

Programs: I have commitment issues.
Originally Posted by uva185
So now the greed in me comes out... What if you were to open a new SkyMiles account under a random name, get another free consult and pay to transfer the miles into your account. With the 25% bonus on transfers you can get 25000 miles for $230
Two questions:
In order to get the 25% bonus to net you 25k miles, you would need to transfer 100k miles. At a cost of 1 cent per mile transferred, that's $1000 + $30 processing fee. Have I misunderstand the process/costs involved?

Don't you think they'd recognize you at the office and decline to submit your info for the 2nd round of FF miles?

Now, if you were to visit a different office, say while on a MR, that might be workable.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by alief
Two questions:
In order to get the 25% bonus to net you 25k miles, you would need to transfer 100k miles. At a cost of 1 cent per mile transferred, that's $1000 + $30 processing fee. Have I misunderstand the process/costs involved?

Don't you think they'd recognize you at the office and decline to submit your info for the 2nd round of FF miles?

Now, if you were to visit a different office, say while on a MR, that might be workable.
You would need to open a new SkyMiles account under a different name and ideally get a consultation done in a different city. I am rather confident they will only let each SkyMiles account get the miles once.

After the miles post to the new account if you transfer all 20,000 back to your real account you will get a 25% bonus (5,000 miles). So you would pay to transfer 20,000 @ .01 = $200, plus the $30 fee makes it $230. Then you would receive a 5,000 mile bonus bringing the total amount transferred to 25,000.

This of course is much more deceptive than getting the miles for your first consultation.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Smailtronic
Anybody know if your consultation has to be by August 25, or if you just have to request one by that date?
Must be completed by 8/25
Old Aug 1, 2008, 8:52 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I am not too hopeful on this.

I called and was on hold for 21 minutes (on speaker). I finally gave up and pressed 1 to have them call me back. Surprisingly, they called me after about 5 minutes or so.

While speaking with and sheduling the consulation with "Tony" it was apparent there is a lot of phone calls coming in (wonder how many FTers!) and he had no clue on how the DL promotion goes ("received a memo on it sometime ago"). He told me to talk to the office people about it and give them my DL number. I told him to take my numbe over the phone which he did. I was hoping to do this before or after a seminar I have next door but no available times . So, this wil require a drive and am getting the feeling that this promo will be lots more work to get the miles...I am not as patient and persisent as the Marathon Man
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:02 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
I just finished my consultation with Bosley. Very professional outfit, I was impressed, an hour later I was out of there confident the 20K miles will post.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:15 pm

>>>>>......I was out of there confident the 20K miles will post.

What explains your confidence? Did you ask specifically about the miles posting process and timeline? If they took a whole hour does that mean you needed the procedure? I was hoping I would be out of there in 15 mins tops

My prior experience with DL promos is not that good...I am sensing it could be on of those threads it is alive years later after the miles were supposed to post
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Originally Posted by gpapadop
>>>>>......I was out of there confident the 20K miles will post.

What explains your confidence? Did you ask specifically about the miles posting process and timeline? If they took a whole hour does that mean you needed the procedure? I was hoping I would be out of there in 15 mins tops

My prior experience with DL promos is not that good...I am sensing it could be on of those threads it is alive years later after the miles were supposed to post
The Bosley folks were very knowagable about the promo as they had just received a memo as well. The miles will be entered by their California office I believe once the consultation is recorded. I spent a few more minutes the necessary with them because I was curius about the procedure, but no I don't need or want the treatment. They told me to call back in a week or 2 if they don't post. Expect at least 45 minutes as the doctor has to examine you as well.

Last edited by MRKEY; Aug 1, 2008 at 4:47 pm
Old Aug 1, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I am surprised nobody commented about the following in the promo:
Think about it. 170,000 miles - with a SkySaver Award that's enough to fly roundtrip a family of four anywhere in the domestic U.S. or a trip for two to Europe in business class.
How can you do 2 round trip to Europe in business class for 170,000 miles???
Old Aug 2, 2008, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
How can you do 2 round trip to Europe in business class for 170,000 miles???
We just assumed it was like SkySaver (e.g. "not bookable").

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.