New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Centurion Amex only gets you GM.

Originally Posted by Jazzop
Isn't that what the Centurion Card does? I don't hear anyone kvetching about those cardholders stealing upgrades or not "earning" their status.
Is it just me, or does this seem to be a move in the direction of US and AA where basically every $ you spend on a credit card goes towards MM and/or status? I know this is a broad generalization, but no cap on the MQM's you can earn on a card (especially when it's linked to business expenses as some have noted) is just rediculous.

What's next, agents standing outside Hartsfield handing out PM cards to people just for showing up?
Old Apr 20, 2008, 5:20 am

I've looked all over the Amex site but am unable to find this card.
I've found Delta personal and business gold and platinum cards, but not anything called the "Delta Reserve for Business" card. The links I've found in this thread all do not work for me (I get errors on the amex site). Can anybody help me find this card?

Posted with ForumPilot v1.1
Old Apr 20, 2008, 9:51 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lewinr
I've looked all over the Amex site but am unable to find this card.
I've found Delta personal and business gold and platinum cards, but not anything called the "Delta Reserve for Business" card. The links I've found in this thread all do not work for me (I get errors on the amex site). Can anybody help me find this card?

Posted with ForumPilot v1.1
There is no published information on the Delta Reserve (personal) AmEx. There is/was a page on the DL Reserve for Business card.

I called to inquire about upgrading my personal Platinum AmEx, and the AmEx agent had never even heard of it. After holding for some time, he came back with info and upgraded my card to the personal Delta Reserve, and said full info on the benefits of the card would arrive by mail in my welcome kit.

He said it was very exclusive, and not everyone will qualify to have the card. He likened it to the Black AmEx (although with a substantially smaller annual fee and fewer general benefits).

My card is set for delivery in late May.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:34 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by brown069
There is no published information on the Delta Reserve (personal) AmEx. There is/was a page on the DL Reserve for Business card.

I called to inquire about upgrading my personal Platinum AmEx, and the AmEx agent had never even heard of it. After holding for some time, he came back with info and upgraded my card to the personal Delta Reserve, and said full info on the benefits of the card would arrive by mail in my welcome kit.

He said it was very exclusive, and not everyone will qualify to have the card. He likened it to the Black AmEx (although with a substantially smaller annual fee and fewer general benefits).

My card is set for delivery in late May.
My conversation with Amex was very similar. Was told my new plastic would arrive in about a month. Not sure why it takes so long though...
Old Apr 20, 2008, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by Traveling Salesman
I was told by an amex rep yesterday that delta will now allow you into a crc even if you are not flying on delta that day with the amex plat card. This change was put into effect the first of this month.
What about NW and CO lounges? Can I get in without flying those airlines?
Old Apr 20, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K; Delta Silver Medallion (1MM); Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold; National Executive
While there isn't an application page for a Delta Reserve personal card, there is a page to apply for an additional cardholder.

And the page to apply for the Delta Reserve for Business CC is still active.

I don't think I'll switch over from either of our Delta Platinum AmEx cards. I prefer a real CRC membership over "access" to CRCs as this wouldn't give me complimentary wireless at the CRC and it wouldn't provide access to NW WCs and CO PCs. Although with the merger this latter issue might change.

One plus side for some people, this does seem like a cheaper way to get CRC access for non-spouses. Right now it costs $125 to add get CRC membership for your. Additional cards for the cost $175, which wouldn't save money on CRC access for your spouse (although she/he would also get the other Reserve benefits) but could theoretically provide less expensive CRC access to others. This would probably make the most sense for a small business with several traveling employees.

By the way, the 5% off Delta flights is nothing new. This is only for the Delta Reserve Business (I believe), and this is the same 3% OPEN Savings plus 2% Bonus OPEN Savings that is available with the Business Delta AmEx Platinum.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 2:48 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Here is the official PR:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080422/20080422006456.html?.v=1

American Express and Delta Air Lines Launch the Delta Reserve Credit Card for Consumers and Small Businesses
Tuesday April 22, 2:41 pm ET
-- New Premium Co-Branded Cards Offer Distinctive Travel Benefits for Delta Customers --

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--American Express and Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL - News) are launching new premium co-branded credit cards for U.S.-based consumers and small businesses called the Delta Reserve Credit Card and the Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card. These new products will offer added value, flexibility and new benefits for Cardmembers who are most loyal to Delta.
The Delta Reserve Credit Cards are designed to cater to the needs of Delta’s on-the-go customers and provides Cardmembers with a greatly enhanced travel experience through benefits such as the ability to earn Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) faster, share MQMs with family and friends for the first time ever, access to the dedicated Breezeway priority boarding lane and frequent traveler security line, Delta Crown Room Clubs® access, and 24-7 concierge services. The Delta Reserve Credit Cards are now the most elite Cards offered in the line of American Express and Delta co-branded cards.

“We are delighted to expand our partnership with Delta and to offer these premium co-branded cards that reward our most loyal customers in new and unique ways,” said David Rabkin, vice president, Delta Cobrands, American Express. “We know that affluent customers want access to distinctive services and experiences, so we continually look for ways to meet these needs. With the launch of the new Delta Reserve Credit Cards, we can deliver on that commitment.”

“The Delta Reserve Credit Card was created to offer premium customers a best-in-class co-brand card that provides them preferential treatment when flying Delta,” said Jeff Robertson, Delta’s managing director of SkyMiles. “Not only does this unique Card offer generous rewards, it will also provide loyal Delta customers an experience that is designed to exceed their expectations.”

The Delta Reserve Credit Cards offer distinct benefits and options that allow Cardmembers to:

Achieve higher Delta SkyMiles Medallion status faster:
--
Earn MQMs as a first purchase bonus;

--
Earn 15,000 MQMs and 15,000 bonus miles when eligible spending reaches $30,000 in a calendar year;

--
Earn an additional 15,000 MQMs and 15,000 bonus miles when eligible spending reaches $60,000 in the same year

Give the MQMs earned from Card spending to colleagues, friends or family – for the first time ever.
Enjoy complimentary access to Delta’s Crown Room Clubs with two guests when flying on Delta.
Access to the dedicated Breezeway priority boarding lane and frequent traveler security line.
Utilize American Express’ Personal Concierge Service with features such as gift buying and restaurant reservations – 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
Receive one complimentary companion certificate each year on the Cardmember’s anniversary, good for either First or Coach Class travel.
Access to Pay with Miles, a new exclusive benefit for Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers -- and now Delta Reserve Credit Cardmembers. Pay with Miles offers added flexibility, allowing Cardmembers to redeem miles for any available Delta seat, any time. Cardmembers can book flights on delta.com and use Delta SkyMiles to pay for all or part of a Delta ticket, with no blackout dates or inventory restrictions.
Terms, conditions, and restrictions apply to these benefits. See www.americanexpress.com/deltareserve for details.

The Cards are available for an annual fee of $450. If a Cardmember is the Basic Cardmember of a domestic American Express consumer Charge Card account or of a domestic American Express small business charge card account that has an annual fee greater than or equal to $55, the annual fee is $395.

Consumers will continue to earn Always Double Miles ®1 on every eligible dollar they spend on Delta purchases, as well as at gas stations, supermarkets, drugstores, home improvement stores, and more.

The new Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card incorporates all the above benefits of the Delta Reserve Credit Card. However, the ability to earn Always Double Miles ®2 on every eligible dollar spent includes the following business relevant categories: Delta purchases, gas stations, home improvement stores, wireless phone bill payments, and office supplies. In addition, the Business Card offers programs and services tailored specifically to the needs of small business owners. In addition, the Business Card provides expense management reporting, an online spend tracking system and spending limits on additional cards that aid in better managing employee spending.

American Express and Delta Strengthen a Growing Relationship

American Express and Delta have had a long-term relationship. Delta became one of the first participants in the Membership Miles® Program from American Express in 1991, since renamed the Membership Rewards® Program. In 1996, Delta and American Express joined forces to present the co-branded Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card, providing consumers another way to earn free Delta flights. Now, a full line of valuable Card products is available -- from rewards Cards with no annual fee, to Platinum level Cards, to Cards for small businesses.

About American Express

American Express Company (www.americanexpress.com) is a leading global payments, network and travel company founded in 1850.

About Delta

Delta Air Lines operates service to more worldwide destinations than any airline with Delta and Delta Connection flights to 306 destinations in 58 countries. Delta has added more international capacity than any major U.S. airline during the last two years and is the leader across the Atlantic with flights to 37 trans-Atlantic markets. To Latin America and the Caribbean, Delta offers more than 517 weekly flights to 57 destinations. Delta's marketing alliances also allow customers to earn and redeem SkyMiles on nearly 16,409 flights offered by SkyTeam and other partners. Delta is a founding member of SkyTeam, a global airline alliance that provides customers with extensive worldwide destinations, flights and services. Including its SkyTeam and worldwide codeshare partners, Delta offers flights to 841 worldwide destinations in 162 countries. Customers can check in for flights, print boarding passes and check flight status at delta.com.

1 Always Double Miles® offer applies at qualifying gas stations, home improvement and hardware stores, office supply stores, on wireless phone bill payments, and qualifying Delta purchases. Offer applies for U.S. transactions only. Not valid in the departments of superstores or warehouse clubs. To pay your wireless phone bill automatically using your Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, please call your wireless service provider. Offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection® carrier, and Delta Shuttle® flights taken with the purchase of a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages but not other all-inclusive packages.

2 Always Double Miles® offer applies at qualifying gas stations, home improvement and hardware stores, office supply stores, on wireless phone bill payments, and qualifying Delta purchases. Offer applies for U.S. transactions only. Not valid in the departments of superstores or warehouse clubs. To pay your wireless phone bill automatically using your Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, please call your wireless service provider. Offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection® carrier, and Delta Shuttle® flights taken with the purchase of a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages but not other all-inclusive packages.

American Express:
Desiree Fish, 212-640-4761
[email protected]
or
M. Silver Associates Inc.
Irene Lui, 954-765-3636
[email protected]
or
Delta SkyMiles:
Caitlin Goodrich/Stephanie Fitzsimmons
Jackson Spalding for Delta SkyMiles
404-214-2124 / 404-724-2511

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: American Express Company

Last edited by ck8; Apr 22, 2008 at 6:21 pm
Old Apr 22, 2008, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 2 Million Miler, United 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ck8
Here is the official PR:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/080422/20080422006456.html?.v=1

American Express and Delta Air Lines Launch the Delta Reserve Credit Card for Consumers and Small Businesses
Tuesday April 22, 2:41 pm ET
-- New Premium Co-Branded Cards Offer Distinctive Travel Benefits for Delta Customers --
Thanks for posting. Finally! Some info on this thing...
Old Apr 22, 2008, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
I just wanted to reiterate that this card provides "Delta Crown Room Clubs access" and not membership. Since this card does not provide membership, there is no access to partner clubs.

This part IS interesting to me...
Give the MQMs earned from Card spending to colleagues, friends or family for the first time ever.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Again, who really benefits from this card?

What is the incentive to give DL $450 a year for this card?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:36 pm
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by GoCanes
Again, who really benefits from this card?

What is the incentive to give DL $450 a year for this card?
If I had to guess, I would think that the fee would go to Amex. They in turn purchase the rewards miles from DL to distribute. However, now that it covers CRC access they may get more of the revenue.

There may be some out there who think the frequent traveler line and CRC access is worth the $450. I think this is the price of the regular AMEX Platinum charge card. It has a lot of the same benefits such as AMEX concierge.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by ck8
I think this is the price of the regular AMEX Platinum charge card. It has a lot of the same benefits such as AMEX concierge.
The one thing of significance that this has over the Platinum AmEx is the MQM earning. If you want MQMs, go with the DL Platinum AmEx. If you want lounge access and concierge service, I'd go with the Platinum AmEx. I think this card is too much of a compromise except for a select few people that fly exclusively on DL.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:38 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Originally Posted by ck8
I think this is the price of the regular AMEX Platinum charge card. It has a lot of the same benefits such as AMEX concierge.

The one thing of significance that this has over the Platinum AmEx is the MQM earning. If you want MQMs, go with the DL Platinum AmEx. If you want lounge access and concierge service, I'd go with the Platinum AmEx. I think this card is too much of a compromise except for a select few people that fly exclusively on DL.
and I'm one of those that flies exclusively on Delta (it has been 3 years since I've flown another carrier). Plus, I'm flying much more this year and will be PM in May. The value for me to upgrade, a DL Plat AmEx holder, is in:

-CRC access (partner lounges don't matter to me). I would have paid $300 for it this year, plus $135 for the DL plat AmEx ($450-$435=$15 difference).

-Unlimited earning and gifting MQMs. I spend roughly $100K/yr for business, plus easily another $20K/yr+ personal (that's 60K MQMs to gift to my wife).

-First class companion ticket (well worth that $15 difference). The reason why I give away my plat AmEx coach companion ticket is lack of ability to upgrade. I usually buy at least one first-class vacation ticket each year for my wife and I.

- Upgrade priority. Apparently- according to CRC agent- Reserve cardholders will get some kind of upgrade priority over standard elite-level flyers. I'll keep you all posted if this is mentioned in the Reserve card welcome kit.

So, for me, it makes sense. But I can certainly see how it wouldn't for many others.

Last edited by brown069; Apr 22, 2008 at 8:41 pm
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:44 pm

[SIZE=1] I would have paid $300 for it this year, plus $135 for the DL plat AmEx ($450-$435=$15 difference).
That DL Plat AMEX is going to be $150 anyway so no difference!
Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:02 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
The comments about upgrade priority are rather interesting.

Although, I do not believe this card will get you into elite security lines or medallion check-in / priority, correct?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.