New Delta Reserve card from American Express.

Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by RobertS975
So if it just CRC access and not membership, I suppose that doesn't include free T Mobile internet as well?
T-Mobile Internet access, I'm not sure about. But it is stupid that the credit card doesn't include partner lounges. Especially since DL is closing lounges.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
The application site is down, so please help me confirm what I understand about this card. I have a Delta Plat Amex now (personal). I'm most interested in MQM's as the merger will affect me here in DTW.

So, (forgetting the 5K first purchase bonus for the moment), if I spend 60K on the new Reserve Biz card, I can max out the MQM's at 30K. In addition, if I spend, I believe, 50K on the Delta Plat Amex, I can get an additional 20K MQM. The total for both cards would be 50K MQM, making Gold.

Am I on the right track here?

Thanks.

edit: I see that the original bonus is 10K not 5K. I was looking toward year 2 and beyond.

Last edited by jcherney; Apr 13, 2008 at 8:24 pm Reason: error
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by jcherney
Am I on the right track here?
That sounds right... and if you get a DL Platinum Business card, you can get another 20,000 MQMs like with the personal DL Platinum AmEx.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
The way I read it is that you can combine this with the regular Delta business platinum to get potentially 65K MQM in the first year.

You can't however get the MQM's from 2 delta reserve cards.

Can you explain where your numbers come from? I can get to 50K, but can't figure out where your extra 15K is coming from. Are these 1st year only bonuses?

Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AndyTLe
That sounds right... and if you get a DL Platinum Business card, you can get another 20,000 MQMs like with the personal DL Platinum AmEx.

Now I missed THAT one completely! Thank you!

So, basically, someone is 5K short of Plat if they have all 3 of these cards, yes?
Old Apr 14, 2008, 4:52 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Ignoring all initial bonuses, you'll be able to get 70K MQM per year without flying a single mile, assuming you can spend $160K annually on your Delta credit cards as follows:

Spend $50K on a Delta Plat Personal, Earn 20K MQM
Spend $50K on a Delta Plat Business, Earn 20K MQM
Spend $60K on a Delta Reserve Business, Earn 30K MQM

Totals: $160K in spending nets 70K MQM annually. 5K short of top-level status for Delta.

* In the first year, you can get 75K to 85K MQM (just gift any extra MQMs above 75K to a friend) by also collecting the various signup bonuses, depending upon which ones you qualify for.

ALSO OF NOTE:

You can do something similar to achieve Gold US status each year. You need to be able to qualify for 3 Juniper US cards and 2 BOA US cards, but if you can pull it off and spend $25K on each, annually, you'll get 10K EQMs from each card for a total of 50K EQMs on $125K spending.

Anyone able to charge $160K+$125K=$285K per year can virtually get Delta PM and USAir GP without flying
Old Apr 17, 2008, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
If you are not a big spender... say no more than $15K to $20K on the DL Amex... is this card going to have any benefit to you?

I see the benefit of 5% off tickets... but one would have to spend $9,000 on DL tickets to make the 5% off equal the annual fee.

So, outside of the 10,000 MQM up-front bonus (which I could see being worth it come December and less than 10K MQM short of a certain elite level and essentially buying up status for $450), how else could non-big spenders benefit?

Will there be other built-in mielage boosts beside the $30K trigger? Is this an always double miles card as well?

Here is the application on AMEX now:

https://www201.americanexpress.com/s...ep=23822&ct=39
Old Apr 18, 2008, 12:49 am

Programs: Mile-High Club, Marriott Plt, SPG P-75, PC Plt, Hyatt Dia, Carlson Gold, BW Dia
Originally Posted by mooper
Anyone able to charge $160K+$125K=$285K per year can virtually get Delta PM and USAir GP without flying
Isn't that what the Centurion Card does? I don't hear anyone kvetching about those cardholders stealing upgrades or not "earning" their status.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jazzop
Isn't that what the Centurion Card does? I don't hear anyone kvetching about those cardholders stealing upgrades or not "earning" their status.
One big difference. The Centurion card is invite-only. Also, most of those people that hold the Centurion card are flying paid F and arent competing for upgrades.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 5:07 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Merger effect on Cards

According to Anderson/Steenland (during merger press conference), both DL and NW's affinity card contracts come up for renewal later this year so they have some wiggle-room to get the best deal out of those negotiations for the new combined DL/NW affinity card....should be interesting...
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:32 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
NO NO NO NO NO... This is a step backwards. This ONLY gives CRC access and NOT membership.

That means, I assume you don't get access to Elite Security Lines (if not a GM or PM) as mentioned in CRC membership.
Well, at least CRC access doesn't require that the card holder be traveling on DL. Sounds like all you need is a "ticket." This is unlike the Amex Plat card, which requires that cardholder be traveling on the airline operating both the flight AND the lounge.

III. The Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmember must be traveling. Name on ticket must match name on Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card. The Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmember must be 21 years of age to enter into Delta Crown Room Clubs without a parent or guardian. The Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmember's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the club as complimentary guests. Complimentary access is only for Delta Crown Room Clubs. Codeshare partner and other alliance partner lounges are not included. The Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmember must present his or her valid Card and airline ticket to club agents.
Old Apr 18, 2008, 9:45 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Jazzop

Centurion differs in that:

1) It is invite-only.

2) It has a much higher annual fee than the combined fees of the methods detailed above.

3) I believe its status levels do not include the highest tier for any airline.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 8:07 am

Programs: NW Plat
People who spend a lot of money on their business cards tend to fly a LOT.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 9:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by RobertS975
I can't emphasize this enough.... if someone is a medallion but really doesn't fly, then they are not competing for anything!
Exactly - if I get PM status without every flying, whats the benefit to me and the harm to flying elites? Kinda follows that if I didn't ever fly to get that I'm not going to fly when I have it, therefore it has no effect on the elites who do fly...

The ones who the card to augment their lower or no stautus don't fly enough to compete for upgrades..
Old Apr 19, 2008, 11:46 am

Programs: delta pm, aa exp, hilton diamond
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Well, at least CRC access doesn't require that the card holder be traveling on DL. Sounds like all you need is a "ticket." This is unlike the Amex Plat card, which requires that cardholder be traveling on the airline operating both the flight AND the lounge.
I was told by an amex rep yesterday that delta will now allow you into a crc even if you are not flying on delta that day with the amex plat card. This change was put into effect the first of this month.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.