Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Overseas use of CRC card?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Overseas use of CRC card?

Is there any possibility to use the CRC card overseas for non-elites traveling on Y class tickets. Years ago, I was denied access to the Delta Room in Rome (now closed) as they said it was only for Bus. & F class passengers.

Last edited by Romadoc; Mar 14, 2007 at 1:26 am
Old Mar 13, 2007, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Your CRC membership is for ALL CRCs and should allow you access to all CRCs regardless of fare class.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:36 am

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Your CRC membership is for ALL CRCs and should allow you access to all CRCs regardless of fare class.
.....as well as all NW World Clubs and CO President's Clubs.....both domestically and internationally.....regardless of what airline you are flying that day....or fare class.

A.J.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 6:30 am

Programs: DL FC, NW
I used mine at the NW WC in Tokyo and Amsterdam without any problems.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Romadoc
Years ago, I was denied access to the Delta Room in Rome (now closed) as they said it was only for Bus. & F class passengers.
Sounds like that might have been classified as a B/E lounge rather than a CRC?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
You can certainly use it here in Munich or in Frankfurt, where DL has their own Crown Room Clubs.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:19 pm

I am GM/CR.... DL Crown Room at LGW is great,been there many times flying coach. I have been rejected at KLM lounges in AMS and KE lounge in NRT as GM when flying coach.. they said I needed to be PM.

Never tried NW or CO lounges.. will give it a try next time I get rejected..
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by xooz
I am GM/CR.... DL Crown Room at LGW is great,been there many times flying coach. I have been rejected at KLM lounges in AMS and KE lounge in NRT as GM when flying coach.. they said I needed to be PM.

Never tried NW or CO lounges.. will give it a try next time I get rejected..
CRC membership only gets you access to CO, NW and AS lounges. KLM and KE are NOT accessible via your CRC membership. Only way flying in coach and getting acces to those lounges is by being a PM which gets you SkyTeam Elite PLUS status and access to partner international lounges.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:13 pm

KLM ......are NOT accessible via your CRC membership.
If that is truly the case, I wish one of our Delta lurkers would care to officially comment on this e-mail that I received last year (2/10/06):

Visit Clubs From Amsterdam to Zurich
Now you can relax in AeroMexico, Air France, Alaska Airlines and KLM lounges

Hello Mr. Bulldog,

More doors are opening for you.

As a Crown Room Club® member, you may now visit select AeroMexico, Air France, Alaska Airlines and KLM lounges when flying with us or any other SkyTeam® airline.

And don't forget that you also may access Continental's Presidents Club® and Northwest's WorldClubs®, when you're flying with us or any other airline.

Together, we now offer you more than 100 lounges in airports around the world — including those in Amsterdam, Mexico City, Portland, Rio de Janeiro, Rome, Seattle and Zurich — where you can escape to take a break or work in comfort.

Plus, you can bring up to two guests, or your spouse and children under 21 years of age, when visiting the lounges.

For more information, please visit delta.com/crownroom. We look forward to serving you in a lounge soon.

Sincerely,

Betty Hollan
General Manager, Customer Lounge Programs

My questions are:

Are 'more doors' still open for CRC members?

If so, what exactly does 'select lounges' mean?

If not, then when was this 'expanded access' taken away?

Regardless......is there a comprehensive list of all clubs....including ALL partner lounges....that can be accessed by CRC members..... as well as the requirements to access the respective partner lounges......available either online or otherwise?

A.J.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bulldog King
Are 'more doors' still open for CRC members?

If so, what exactly does 'select lounges' mean?

If not, then when was this 'expanded access' taken away?

Regardless......is there a comprehensive list of all clubs....including ALL partner lounges....that can be accessed by CRC members..... as well as the requirements to access the respective partner lounges......available either online or otherwise?

A.J.
I dont know of a list. But at the writing of that e-mail, weren't all PMs both SkyTeam Elite Plus members AND also members of CRC via the free membership. Therefore your CRC membership because of your status got you in?
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:22 am

I dont know of a list. But at the writing of that e-mail, weren't all PMs both SkyTeam Elite Plus members AND also members of CRC via the free membership. Therefore your CRC membership because of your status got you in?
In the past, it was only Skyteam Elite Plus status that granted access to international lounges when not travelling in First/Business Class......a benefit that PMs still enjoy.

However, regular CRC members started to receive 'expanded lounge access' in December 2005......when unrestricted access to all CRCs, WCs and PCs (including international locations) was enacted.

About 2 months after that happened, this other e-mail arrived to CRC members (not just PMs).......supposedly opening up 'select' partner lounges (including Air France and KLM lounges) to all CRC members (not just PMs) when travelling on ANY SkyTeam airline.

However, the details of this new 'expanded access' were never fully made available.......nor any additional official mention of it by Delta since then.

Add to this that none of the DL agents that I've brought up the matter with seem to be familiar with it........nor can find anything in their system (at least nothing easily located) that currently defines such 'unrestricted expanded lounge access'.....other than for WCs and PCs.

If I didn't know any better, I would say that 'unrestricted access to select partner lounges when traveling on any SkyTeam airline' seems to have simply been quietly 'swept under the rug'.

A.J.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the past, it was only Skyteam Elite Plus status that granted access to international lounges when not travelling in First/Business Class......a benefit that PMs still enjoy.

However, regular CRC members started to receive 'expanded lounge access' in December 2005......when unrestricted access to all CRCs, WCs and PCs (including international locations) was enacted.

About 2 months after that happened, this other e-mail arrived to CRC members (not just PMs).......supposedly opening up 'select' partner lounges (including Air France and KLM lounges) to all CRC members (not just PMs) when travelling on ANY SkyTeam airline.

However, the details of this new 'expanded access' were never fully made available.......nor any additional official mention of it by Delta since then.

Add to this that none of the DL agents that I've brought up the matter with seem to be familiar with it........nor can find anything in their system (at least nothing easily located) that currently defines such 'unrestricted expanded lounge access'.....other than for WCs and PCs.

If I didn't know any better, I would say that 'unrestricted access to select partner lounges when traveling on any SkyTeam airline' seems to have simply been quietly 'swept under the rug'.

A.J.
It does seem confusing. Both NW and CO list select partner lounges on the their websites, but I see no such listing on DL's website. NW Worldclub members get access to select KLM, Air France, Alitalia, Aeroflot, CSA, and a number of third party lounges (including 3 in Helsinki -- what's up with that !?!?) in Europe, but there are no actual NW Worldclubs in Europe. I assume that CRC members cannot access these unless DL has their own relationship them. The DL website has links to the NW and CO lounge listings, but does not specifically say that access is limited to NW and CO "operated" clubs. I could see how this could be confusing to a CRC member trying to figure out what lounges they have access to.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:26 am

I am a crown room club member; however, my wife and I were turned away from an Air France lounge in Berlin (as there was no Delta lounge) while flying on Delta because we were not platinum members. I do not understand how Delta touts that the CRC memberships are good overseas and on partner airlines clubs overseas when reallly they are not.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iowaflyer
I do not understand how Delta touts that the CRC memberships are good overseas and on partner airlines clubs overseas when reallly they are not.
As stated before, nowhere does DL state that your CRC membership gets you into any international clubs other than DL's CRCs and any intertational clubs of CO and NW ONLY. Access to other partner clubs is provided by your SkyTeam Elite Plus status as a PM or your fare class.

Crown Room Club members have access to worldwide locations for Crown Room Clubs, Continental President's Clubs, and Northwest WorldClubs.
http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Mar 16, 2007, 10:35 am

I guess I was wrong....as I finally found a copy of the original PR via Delta's 'Newsroom':

Delta Offers Crown Room Club Members Access to More Partner Lounges Worldwide

Now I know what to search for in order to bring it up.......unlike when I was visiting various CRCs and never could assist in finding this specific PR.

A.J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.