Sky miles when booking through expedia?

Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
Sky miles when booking through expedia?

I checked itineraries for next February and Delta prices would cost $200 more than Expedia---will I get sky miles for booking through Expedia? Thanks for your help
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:43 am

Yep. Just make sure you get your Skymiles number entered into the reservation. You can do that when you make the purchase, or at the gate for your first flight.

Note that you won't get the 500 bonus miles for booking on Delta.com.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM
You will earn miles on the flight; however, no delta.com bonus. (500 miles - surely not worth $200!! )
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I am shocked that DL is $200 more than Expedia. Are you shopping by cabin or fare class on DL's site? I think that you are doing something wrong on DL's site. Go to fare class and pick Coach T (or higher). The difference between the 2 sites should just be Expedia's service fee.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by RSSrsvp
I am shocked that DL is $200 more than Expedia. Are you shopping by cabin or fare class on DL's site? I think that you are doing something wrong on DL's site. Go to fare class and pick Coach T (or higher). The difference between the 2 sites should just be Expedia's service fee.
That's happend to me every once in awhile where the Travel Search sites are cheaper than Delta.com. I can't really explain it. I'll always book on Delta.com to avoid the services fees and for the bonus miles. But sometimes, the fare difference is quite dramatic.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 11:39 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
I also booked a flight for significantly cheaper on Expedia than Delta.com offered. It is an international flight using mostly AF flights, but code shared DL.
Old Mar 29, 2007, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I've only had to use Expedia once...was flying GSO-CVG-FRA-LHR, with GSO-CVG-FRA on DL metal, FRA-LHR on BA metal. Since it was a 2 hour layover in FRA, I wanted the ticket to be on one itinerary, just in case something happened in FRA, I would be protected.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.