Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta Employee Caught Stealing from Luggage, Delta Refuses Compensation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Employee Caught Stealing from Luggage, Delta Refuses Compensation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 8:55 pm

This is the part I don't understand:

Charles: I contacted the Port Authority Police Investigation Unit ... they had to buy it back from the winning bidder on Ebay
Since when do the police buy stolen merchandise? So any eBay buyer who discovers that he bought stolen goods can call the police and sell it to them?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
I don't know what Delta should have done prior to it, but after the guy attempted to blackmail Delta, all bets are off. Delta should do nothing for this guy (well, maybe send him a PMU )
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:02 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by Bobster

Since when do the police buy stolen merchandise? So any eBay buyer who discovers that he bought stolen goods can call the police and sell it to them?
How did the cops pay that guy? Paypal? Or did they just raid his house in the middle of the night?
Old Feb 7, 2007, 9:58 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jimrpa
I don't know what Delta should have done prior to it, but after the guy attempted to blackmail Delta, all bets are off. Delta should do nothing for this guy (well, maybe send him a PMU )
PMUs.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:03 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
PMUs.
...along with some fish to wrap 'em later on when he realizes their true value.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 5:08 am

How do you think the Port Authority Police would be able to get a search warrant or otherwise be able to obtain the merchandise in another part of the country? For a camera worth under $250? Fly an officer to wait at the ebay buyers house? Jurisdiction? Send the buyer a letter? We understand you bought a stolen camera, please send it to us?

Buying it is probably the cheapest, easiest and maybe the only way to obtain it.

The article has enough documentation to be credible.

Originally Posted by Bobster

Last edited by lewisc; Feb 8, 2007 at 7:28 am
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta, United
What is more presious a $250 camera or a $250 pair Gucci shoes? The problem is that we all put expensive items in our bags. More often than not we have no choice. I quit thinking about how much it would cost me to replace the gear that I have to check for my trips (and lets say this my best pair of mtneering boots are 3X the cost of the Gucci shoes but my toes are worth it). I would be much happier if I could take stuff on board but the TSA has funny rules.

That said I admire the guy's detective work. And it was nice to see the TSA's openness. Rather refreshing. That said I wish I could see everything as the guy's letter to Delta was not the best. A different approach would have gotten him what he wanted. Perhaps not a refund. But once threated I can see Delta saying sorry.
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by FlyingUnderTheRadar
What is more presious a $250 camera or a $250 pair Gucci shoes?
GREAT POINT. In the past I'd say the camera would be easier to sell but Gucci shoes may sell well on ebay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.