Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is your skymiles account balance?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond,Holiday Inn Dia Ambassador ,AA Gold
Originally Posted by cornellfrancis
I know there are a lot of serious frequent flyers on this board. I was just curious as to what the average balance in people's skymiles accounts were. Do you accumulate miles or use them as soon as possible?

I feel like there is no point in saving them (not like I get any interest), however find it difficult to use them because I want to maximize their value when choosing to use miles instead of cash.

My current balance is around 190,000.
you are right, there is no point in saving them after you achieve reward level that you want and can use. I use them for my kids travels...
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:12 am

IRISHFLYER, you think you are safe but now that we know your basic cache of Skymiles we have multiple nefarious ways to track you until you make a fatal error in one of your posts and we can access your accounts and leave you mile-less forever and ever. You neophytes never learn, do you?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by IRISHFLYER1
None of you know me, so what difference does it make if people know my Mileage?
If anything, Delta can probably figure out who you are now...If you care.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by upgrader
IRISHFLYER, you think you are safe but now that we know your basic cache of Skymiles we have multiple nefarious ways to track you until you make a fatal error in one of your posts and we can access your accounts and leave you mile-less forever and ever. You neophytes never learn, do you?
IRISHFLYER, upgrader is absolutely correct. Plus, through my amazing psychic powers of deductive, reductive and conductive reasoning, I am able to know the following about you:

1. You are a Delta PM
2. You are a Hertz 5* member
3. You belong to every hotel program under the sun
4. You joined Flyertalk in August 2004
5. You have 288 total posts on Flyertalk

See?
Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by El Boocho
First off, why would anyone care? I gave Kevin Pinto my business card. I have posted tons of information that would make me very easy to identify. Secondly, can Delta figure out who someone is solely from their SkyMiles balance? Does their system let them "search by SkyMiles balance"?

I understand the concept of not saving them. But I can't use them quick enough. I actually enjoy spending some time at home when I am off. I do vacations from time to time. I don't have kids to spend them on. I give my family tickets from time to time but they don't all have the resources to go on a vacation per month. I do have plans to vacation for the REST OF MY LIFE for free.
Old Jan 31, 2007, 12:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DLfan
Paging Dovster!
Originally Posted by indufan
Last time I heard, he has some type of alarm system in his bed when the topic of free miles or free women come up.
BUZZ!!!!
Old Jan 31, 2007, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
First off, why would anyone care? I gave Kevin Pinto my business card. I have posted tons of information that would make me very easy to identify. Secondly, can Delta figure out who someone is solely from their SkyMiles balance? Does their system let them "search by SkyMiles balance"?
Some people prefer to remain anonymous. But since you don't, clearly anyone who wishes to must be an idiot. As for searching by skymile balance, I am certain they can do it.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Some people prefer to remain anonymous. But since you don't, clearly anyone who wishes to must be an idiot.
That wasn't his point. Some people here are very discrete, and don't post anything specific or identifying. Others of us are very easy to "out". A lot depends on people personal or employment status. For example, GUWonder is a top secret government spy, so he/she throws out lots of misleading factoids to throw DL off the trail. Dovster only posts coded info which any woman can see through, but which confuses men, so he is safe as long as DL management is all-male. I, on the other hand, have a direct link from my profile to my website, so any stalker can track me down.

I think the majority of FT'ers do try to stay rather anonymous, and that makes perfect sense. But once they land on OMNI, it's all over.

I also think, for the most part, DL management has too much else to do to be bothered tracking down which Fyertalker tricked a GA into a re-route to gain an extra 500 MQM's, or any other crime which we boast about here.
Old Feb 1, 2007, 3:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM

Yes I am sure DL know who MANY of us are on this board in one way or another.... But miles? a few here and a few there in my pocket...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:03 pm

Programs: EY Gold, AS MVPG, BAEC Gold, DL PM
I don't remember my Skymiles balance but I sure have a meelyun miles in my LAN account!!!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
what do i care...

My name is Brian and I fly regularly, but not exclusively, out of Knoxville. If DL can find me, more power to them. Besides, I think DL likes me. Now, if the OP asked for my Schwab balance, I'd be suspicious...

Membership Level: Platinum Medallion
Crown Room Club® Member
Medallion® Qualification Miles: 11106
Current SkyMiles Mileage Balance 715346
Total Available Miles 715346
Million Miler™ Miles 1389654

I am a mere neophyte on this board...
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:32 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Traveller
3,453,654,984,966 miles as of yesterday.
DANG....and we have been trying to steal Chalupa's miles *smile*
Old Feb 1, 2007, 5:33 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Delta figured out who most of us are a LONG time ago!!!!!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by Air Brian
My name is Brian .....
Is your last name Air?

Originally Posted by Lehava
DANG....and we have been trying to steal Chalupa's miles *smile*
If you believe this, I have some land (and a house) to sell you in Florida!
Old Feb 1, 2007, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I have enough miles for a domestic SkyChoice ticket in coach...

Anyway, my philosophy is to save those miles till when I need them, namely going to sports games at the last minute (I've cashed in to go home for an NFL Playoff game, go to Jacksonville for the ACC Championship game and go to Cleveland for the NCAA Tournament; all three were booked about 3 days before travel); I figure 25,000 miles (all have been SkySavers....then again, Cleveland in the middle of March isn't exactly a hotspot!) is better than spending $800 on a walk-up ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.