Wiki Posts
Search

flight schedule changes and seat assignments

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2006, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
flight schedule changes and seat assignments

real quick... bought my ticket for xmas 6 months ago. flight has been changed 4 times. i was never contacted for any of the changes by delta but found out through my itineraries on their website. it went from 3 pm to 7 pm to 2 pm to 8 pm. finally i called when i said it was not acceptable and i needed to be on the earlier flight. no problem but no seats together for my family which includes a 2 year old and 5 year old. besides being rude about it they refused to help and said to wait and see what happens at the airport. i got no problems with changes but if we are not going to be notified it is their fault. if they try to notify me and i ignore it is my fault.

i have called all the way to the top and got the same canned, "sorry for your problem, but nothing can be done."

what do you suggest i can do, and does anyone else have the same problem of never, i mean never being notified of these changes?
Old Dec 16, 2006, 4:06 pm

Programs: DL GM
My trans-Atlantic flights, which are always booked several months in advance, generally have at least 3-4 changes per itinerary. I have never received a notification in the last 5 years.

I've learned to check my itineraries at least once a week. Usually the changes occur on the first or second Sunday of the month. But not always.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 4:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
1. Did you purchase directly with Delta? If not, your phone number most likely is not on the reservation(Only the travel agency/site is) which would have been the ones contacted.

2. Delta does contact passengers, as on my shift which is 8pm-4:30am, we have contacted people at 2am for new changes on their current day flights.

3. Be sure to double check that your phone number is in the reservation and its always best to have more than one number, like a home and cell number or a destination if already in middle of travel.

4. If you purchase over the phone and I believe online as well, if you give your email address, you will automatically receive notification of any changes, since phone reps are not always able to call every single passenger.

5. There are several seats that are blocked out for the airport to assign only, which are always together.

Good Luck,
Jwhuffman

Last edited by jwhuffman; Dec 16, 2006 at 4:19 pm
Old Dec 16, 2006, 4:13 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
honestly, the best thing for you to do is to leave that segment without any seat assignment at all. Normally on the day of departure gate agents will look at a list of unseated passengers on the flights they are working. There is a good chance they'll see that your family needs seats and assign some. If the agent doesn't give you seats then when you check in you and your family will be added to a list of passengers that are checked in without seats. The agent working the gate will see it then and try to get you together. Worst case scenario is you are once again not seated together and you'll have to work it out on the plane. Rest assured you won't be the only family traveling for the holidays that isn't seated together. It always seems to work itself out though.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 4:16 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
oh and one more thing. If you get to the gate and your seats haven't been assigned yet...........be patient with the gate agent while they try to work it out....that always helps when you are needing them to help you
Old Dec 16, 2006, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
i always buy direct from delta and check that my profile is up to date, yet never have recieved notification. one of the people on the phone told me that they just started notifying by e mail which i find hard to believe.
Old Dec 16, 2006, 5:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
I too have updated phone & email info and have never been notified of any changes. And there have been dozens and dozens. I had one this week and no notice.
Old Dec 17, 2006, 5:06 am

Programs: Delta FO
A month before my transatlantic trip i got an email from delta with the Updated Itinerary and new indicated times. check to see if you are signed up for updates in your notification preferences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.