Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for points to post for Shopping Portal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if there is a definite length of time for points to post for using Delta's Shopping Portal?

My miles expire end of this year, I don't have much but don't want to lose it. Last option would be buying the 1,000 points for ~$30 but would rather buy something else than miles for $30.

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
It varies depending on the retailer. As you might expect, some of the more organized retailers like Lands End tend to post quicker. I would def NOT count on any SkyMiles Shopping miles posting before the end of the year. While they probably would post, the fact that you need them to post will increase the likelyhood that they won't.
Old Dec 13, 2006, 7:34 pm

It took me a short time (~ 1 week) on purchases with Red Envelope.com and also on Nordstrom.com

29 Nov 2006 SkyMilesShopping.com (posted on 08Dec2006)

Barnes and Noble.com haven't posted yet (it's been almost 2 weeks)
Old Dec 14, 2006, 6:15 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Originally Posted by ajk2n123
Does anyone know if there is a definite length of time for points to post for using Delta's Shopping Portal?

My miles expire end of this year, I don't have much but don't want to lose it. Last option would be buying the 1,000 points for ~$30 but would rather buy something else than miles for $30.

Thanks!
Consider signing up at Points.com (Points post in 2 or 3 days). Or useing Skymiles Dining (most dines post in a week to 10 days).
Old Dec 14, 2006, 3:27 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
We should probably start a thread where people could post their purchase date and the date the points posted.

I've noticed that FTD points post the quickest, followed by iTunes. Both usually post within 2 weeks.
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:54 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, AA, Hilton HHonors
Originally Posted by ajk2n123

Thanks!
I recently made some purchases with Skymall and with skymiles shopping.
The purchases below were miles credited shopping with Skymall and through the skymiles shopping portal (FTD and Disney Shopping).

28 Nov 2006 SkyMilesShopping.com (posted on 08Dec2006)
27 Nov 2006 SkyMilesShopping.com (posted on 08Dec2006)
26 Nov 2006 SkyMiles Incentives (posted on 02Dec2006)

Hope you are able to get your miles.
-Jared
Old Dec 15, 2006, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA, UA, AA
Originally Posted by Jarreb
I recently made some purchases with Skymall and with skymiles shopping.
The purchases below were miles credited shopping with Skymall and through the skymiles shopping portal (FTD and Disney Shopping).

28 Nov 2006 SkyMilesShopping.com (posted on 08Dec2006)
27 Nov 2006 SkyMilesShopping.com (posted on 08Dec2006)
26 Nov 2006 SkyMiles Incentives (posted on 02Dec2006)

Hope you are able to get your miles.
-Jared
Is it time for me to call Delta yet? I bought some contact lenses through skymilesshopping.com at visiondirect.com two months ago and the miles haven't posted. Seems like others are getting their miles pretty quickly . . .

If anyone else needs to contact skymiles here is the right address: http://www.delta.com/help/contact_us/skymiles/index.jsp
Old Dec 21, 2006, 8:50 am
Original Poster

I just doled out the ~$30 for 1000 miles. It posted right away, 1 day.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by Recreation
We should probably start a thread where people could post their purchase date and the date the points posted.

I've noticed that FTD points post the quickest, followed by iTunes. Both usually post within 2 weeks.
FTD usually posts after its delivered. I ordered flowers for Mother's Day near the end of April and they didn't post til a week after they arrived.

The Skymiles Dining miles have been posting within 5-7 days of a qualified dine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.