Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

JFK-FCO: Which arrival terminal does Delta use in Rome, Italy? (is there a lounge?)

JFK-FCO: Which arrival terminal does Delta use in Rome, Italy? (is there a lounge?)

Old Dec 2, 2003, 10:04 am
Original Poster

I've never flown into FCO on Delta...
trying to find out which terminal the JFK-FCO
flight will arrive at... A business friend
is flying London-Rome and his flight is
scheduled to arrive within a couple of hours
of my JFK-FCO flight... where's the best
place for them to meet me?

Does Delta have a lounge at FCO?

Thanks for any info!!!

Old Dec 2, 2003, 10:18 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 1712overture:
Does Delta have a lounge at FCO?</font>
There are two lounges at the airport in Rome. I believe one is for Alitalia passengers, if I am not mistaken.

Delta itself does not necessarily have a lounge rather, there appears to be a generic lounge shared by other airlines.

This lounge is unimpressive. It has a small television, a long counter that is crowded because it is manned by one or two people. One can get drinks and mediocre snacks at this counter. The decor is uninspiring. The bathrooms are okay.

I apologize for not having more specifics for you, but what I am trying to say is not to expect much at the lounge in Rome for Delta Air Lines passengers.

If you do not go to the lounge, you will not miss much of anything.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 10:32 am

JFK-FCO will arrive in Terminal C - You'll take a shuttle-train to main terminal. The London flight might not arrive in the same terminal.
I was in FCO last week and also flew back to JFK yesterday. The Lounge in terminal C is opposite C31. There are other lounges in the main terminal. Canarsie is right about the lounge - It is nothing to write about. YOu could ask them to meet you outside customs near the Poste (Post Office) in the Arrivals area maybe ?
Old Dec 2, 2003, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
In theory, both you and your friend are going to land at Terminal C, but I believe that you are actually coming in at the Terminal C satellite. (It connects to C by a train and is only a few minute ride.)

If you are PM you can go to the Alitalia Lounge, there is no Crown Room Club there. There is a generic club you can go to if you are flying Delta in B/E.

If you are a smoker, forget it. The only place I have ever seen anyone getting away with it is in the hallway outside of the Alitalia Club at the satellite.

There are some interesting shops in FCO. I suggest that when you arrive you go to Terminal A and kill some time looking at them.

Then (if you smoke) go outside for a cigarette and head to the pre-security section of Terminal A's departure area.

On the second floor there are some more shops a the one and only restaurant which has waiter service. Get something to eat and drink and have your friend meet you there.

Old Dec 3, 2003, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
All London flights to FCO are considered "international" and arrive in the long haul terminal, Terminal C. All US flights arrive here, too. Some flights (including most of the US flights and some of the London ones, especially those operated by BA), use the Terminal C satellite, connected to the main Terminal C by a short train ride. Whichever bit of Terminal C you use, you'll end up in the same immigration, customs and arrival hall.

You're better off meeting outside customs - there's a Hilton on the airport site (between 5 and 10 minutes walk after clearing customs), which is not bad at all. Terminal A does also have the better selection of shops and cafes, pre-security.

It's not easy to get back up to the departure gaters (where the lounges are) from an arriving flight (arrivals and departures are segregated onto differnet floors of the terminal building), and as you're not supposed to go to the departures area unless you have an immediate onward connection, you may find getting back to immigration an interesting experience!

[This message has been edited by House (edited Dec 03, 2003).]
Old Dec 7, 2003, 3:40 am

Having flown both DL and BA into FCO, I can confirm that House's info is correct - you will both be arriving into the terminal C satellite.

It is possible to get out of the immigration herd and back to either the satellite or the main part of terminal C. One simply stays on the SkyBridge train after everyone else has gotten off. If there isn't a guard to shoo you off, you stay on board while one set of doors close and the opposite side opens, allowing the outbound pax on. This puts you in the normal "departures" stream. Alternatively, you can walk out of the newly opened doors and proceed to the main departures area in terminal C, where the BA lounge is located.

If you stay in the satelite, you can try to talk your way into the lounge. DL used to use the L'Anfore lounge in the satellite - not sure what they use anymore. As a PM I've also used the AZ lounge adjacent. Neither is anything special. The BA lounge is much better, but may not be used by arriving pax.

Suggest you arrange to meet in the lobby bar at the Airport Hilton, which is very pleasant and not too far of a walk. If cost is not an object, you can also arrange for a day-use room at the Hilton and have a shower and change of clothes if desired. I've actually used the FCO Hilton as a base of operations when doing business in the outskirts of Rome (anywhere outside the GRA)...there's actually less travel time involved when one doesn't have to fight the central Rome traffic. It's a very nice hotel.

[This message has been edited by DFW DL (edited Dec 07, 2003).]
Old Dec 7, 2003, 7:28 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by DFW DL:
Suggest you arrange to meet in the lobby bar at the Airport Hilton, which is very pleasant and not too far of a walk. If cost is not an object, you can also arrange for a day-use room at the Hilton and have a shower and change of clothes if desired. I've actually used the FCO Hilton as a base of operations when doing business in the outskirts of Rome (anywhere outside the GRA)...there's actually less travel time involved when one doesn't have to fight the central Rome traffic. It's a very nice hotel.</font>
...and if you are a Hilton HHonors Diamond member, you can have use of the Executive Lounge.

I agree this property is nice. It is a better property at which to stay for business than it is for leisure or vacation.
Old May 25, 2005, 6:03 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion, HHonors Diamond, Hertz 5 star, Marriott Silver, USAir Silver
No Arrivals Access

[QUOTE=DFW DL]Having flown both DL and BA into FCO, I can confirm that House's info is correct - you will both be arriving into the terminal C satellite.

It is possible to get out of the immigration herd and back to either the satellite or the main part of terminal C. One simply stays on the SkyBridge train after everyone else has gotten off. If there isn't a guard to shoo you off, you stay on board while one set of doors close and the opposite side opens, allowing the outbound pax on. This puts you in the normal "departures" stream. Alternatively, you can walk out of the newly opened doors and proceed to the main departures area in terminal C, where the BA lounge is located.

If you stay in the satelite, you can try to talk your way into the lounge. As a PM I've also used the AZ lounge adjacent. Neither is anything special. The BA lounge is much better, but may not be used by arriving pax.

Suggest you arrange to meet in the lobby bar at the Airport Hilton, which is very pleasant and not too far of a walk. If cost is not an object, you can also arrange for a day-use room at the Hilton and have a shower and change of clothes if desired. I've actually used the FCO Hilton as a base of operations when doing business in the outskirts of Rome (anywhere outside the GRA)...there's actually less travel time involved when one doesn't have to fight the central Rome traffic. It's a very nice hotel.

--The Delta arrival from ATL is now bussed into the terminals - park and ride. They dump you into the non-security side of Terminal C (not the satellite), so you cannot get back in without a connecting ticket (we tried). We flew B/E and as a result had access to any of the Alitalia lounges..if we could have gotten to them. And the Giotto lounge in Sat C is fairly nice with shower facilities. This ended up making for a bad hair/body odor day in Rome on our arrival day.

As for the Hilton, your only option is to pay $125 for a day room....quite a fee for a couple of showers, even in Rome. Being HHonors Diamond doesn't get you a shower either. Alternately you could fly US Air...which gives their business class passengers access to the Hilton facilities for free.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.