Delta across the atlantic in a 767 in coach

Old Aug 16, 2006, 7:44 am

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Actually, all DL 763ERs have been redone with more Y seats (i.e., second BE cabin/crew rest area removed). In general, the middle block seats (C,D,E) have slightly more legroom than the window seats (A,B,F,G) (32" vs. 31" pitch) but 18C,D,E has a little more than even the regular middle block seats.
This answers the question I asked in another thread, thanks. But to be sure...do you know that row 18 has full recline as well as extra legroom? I ask because this middle section backs up to a galley/lavatory wall.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Actually, all DL 763ERs have been redone with more Y seats (i.e., second BE cabin/crew rest area removed). In general, the middle block seats (C,D,E) have slightly more legroom than the window seats (A,B,F,G) (32" vs. 31" pitch) but 18C,D,E has a little more than even the regular middle block seats.
Wow, from what I have understood, not all aircraft have been fitted with the new BE product...but apparently that is a separate installation than the front Y cabin. Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know which row of seats in that front cabin has no window and just a wall in the place of where the window should be (probably electrical equipment back there or something?.
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:00 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Wow, from what I have understood, not all aircraft have been fitted with the new BE product...but apparently that is a separate installation than the front Y cabin. Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know which row of seats in that front cabin has no window and just a wall in the place of where the window should be (probably electrical equipment back there or something?.
Yes, they were separate reconfiguration efforts. They rushed the effort to put in the front Y cabin for the start of the peak summer season. To date, I believe at least 8 of the 763ERs have been completely redone (i.e., refreshed BE seats and AVOD, all-leather Y seats, new signage, new lavs, front Y cabin) - all the ex-domestic 763ERs (ships 1701 - 1708 or N171DZ - N178DZ). But ALL 763ERs have had the front Y cabin added.

I believe 15F,G - bulkhead on the right side - have no window. Even though there is slightly more legroom there due to the bulkhead, those are pretty terrible seats as they are easily bothered by the noise and light, not to mention the BE serving carts, from the BE galley. On top of that, due to the configuration, there are no mesh curtains at that partition, so FAs generally use serving carts to block access from Y to BE; these carts are constantly in the way of 15F,G
Old Aug 16, 2006, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by rhetor
This answers the question I asked in another thread, thanks. But to be sure...do you know that row 18 has full recline as well as extra legroom? I ask because this middle section backs up to a galley/lavatory wall.
No idea about the full recline; I will be on an ER this Friday (in BE ) if I board early enough, I will try to take a peek and maybe even test out the recline...we'll see
Old Aug 16, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL/PM, *Wood Platinum
No idea about the full recline; I will be on an ER this Friday (in BE ) if I board early enough, I will try to take a peek and maybe even test out the recline...we'll see
Thanks -- we, the huddled masses, appreciate it!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.