Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Transfer miles from United MileagePlus to Delta Skymiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2001, 7:44 am
Original Poster

I am new to this forum, but would like to know the 'best' way (with the least loss) to transfer miles from my United Mileage plus account to Delta's Skymiles. I need these miles added up for an International trip (I believe I can use United miles to purchase delta tickets on domestic routes)
Old Dec 18, 2001, 8:02 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
United->Diners->Delta 50% loss
United->Hilton->Delta 60% loss at least
Old Dec 18, 2001, 8:03 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
You can transfer miles from United to Diners Club then to Delta, but you'll lose 50% of the value.

Obligatory Diners Club Plug

https://www.citibank.com/dinersus/mgm/apply/index.htm
Sponsor Code: SSKE4975

You also get 12,000 miles for signing up (1,000 per month that you make a charge, just make sure to buy some gas at a gas station that takes DC), and if you're nice enough to use my Sponsor Code above I'll get a couple thousand miles.
Old Dec 18, 2001, 8:05 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
As PG said, you can do Hilton too, but not only is the exchange rate worse, but United to Hilton transfers are notoriously slow.
Old Dec 18, 2001, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Dont forget to tell them about the new fee for transfering from DC to airline miles!!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Beckles:
You can transfer miles from United to Diners Club then to Delta, but you'll lose 50% of the value.

Obligatory Diners Club Plug

https://www.citibank.com/dinersus/mgm/apply/index.htm
Sponsor Code: SSKE4975

You also get 12,000 miles for signing up (1,000 per month that you make a charge, just make sure to buy some gas at a gas station that takes DC), and if you're nice enough to use my Sponsor Code above I'll get a couple thousand miles.
</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.