Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

Delta Dollars to Pay Fees & Taxes on Award Ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Dollars to Pay Fees & Taxes on Award Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2013, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Retale_88
Let me dust off this old thread, instead of creating a new one.

I would imagine the T&C's have changed in 7 years - anyone know if it's possible now? I have some MH/CZ awards in the very near future and they apparently are heavy fee hitters. Thanks
Have you tried to read the T&C for your ecerts? My guess that award tickets are excluded, but OTOH you do seem able to apply these things toward fees and taxes on ordinary tickets, as well as the base fare IIRC.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:59 pm

Left out the minor detail that I don't possess any ecerts (yet) but am anticipating a possible VDB in upcoming travels. So, knowing whether they can be applied (or not) to taxes/fuel surcharges would be helpful in determining how valuable that bump becomes to me. Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I just used two e-certs to pay for the taxes on two separate award tickets. No problem.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 1:43 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Retale_88
I have some MH/CZ awards in the very near future and they apparently are heavy fee hitters. Thanks
Two months ago, I could not use a bump voucher to pay fees on an award ticket bought on delta.com

Not asked, but if you pay fees on an award ticket using a Delta Skymiles Amex card, you only get 1x, not 2x, Skymiles on the cc spend.

Last edited by Bowgie; Apr 8, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.