Can I access CR or not???

Old Jul 23, 2007, 11:09 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
I knew for a while Non-Revs with AmEx Plat could not access the DL Crown Room. With the change in that DL employees now can buy a Crown Room membership; Can AmEx Plat cardholders that are Non-Reving access the Crown Room?
Originally Posted by georgequinones
I was told YES when I called last week, as this is partly the main reason i upgraded to an AMEX PLAT.
Originally Posted by PimpNumOne
Well in ATL I have been denied access when traveling on a NRSA ticket. Simple in ATL as I go to another lounge. No Crown Room agent has been able to show me a policy that states I am not allowed access.

The agents that deny me claim that they would not get paid by AmEx for my visit. Is this true? Agents that allow me scan my seat request card and AmEx Plat without any issue. I imagine that if Delta did not get paid for my visit the computer would be programmed to block me.

Any help or rule/policy requested. Thanks!
Regarding entrance to the Crown Room, the house rules state that anyone airline, airport or travel agents on special fares cannot enter the CRC. Here is the policy:
Originally Posted by http://www.delta.com/traveling_checkin/airport_information/crown_room_clubs/house_rules/index.jsp
Airline, airport and industry employees traveling on reduced-rate tickets are not eligible for access.
Originally Posted by ajlee7
Hi, I used my Detla miles to get a Business Class flight on a RT flight JFK-SFO. The fare class is O. Can I access CRC at SFO and JFK even though I am not a CRC member?
Sorry, CRC access is only for domestic segments of an international trip in Business Class. You can buy a one-time pass for $25 if you want.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 2:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TTT
Sorry, CRC access is only for domestic segments of an international trip in Business Class. You can buy a one-time pass for $25 if you want.
But the pass to the lounge doesn't mean free wifi internet, something that is granted to CRC members but not to other CRC lounge guests.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 2:53 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by TTT
Actually, JFK-SFO in Business or First domestic entitles one to the CRC at both the JFK and SFO ends. This is part of the deal with many of the JFK transcons (to LAX/SEA/SFO/SAN/PHX, etc.) and even BOS-LAX
Old Jul 24, 2007, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
I also seem to remember reading somewhere on here that employees would be allowed to enter the Crown Room now - I think this was about 6 months ago that they changed that rule.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH - Gold, MR - Plat, IHG - Plat, UA
Originally Posted by mersk862
I also seem to remember reading somewhere on here that employees would be allowed to enter the Crown Room now - I think this was about 6 months ago that they changed that rule.
They opened up a limited number of PAID memberships for airline employees.
Not sure of they get a discount or not.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH - Gold, MR - Plat, IHG - Plat, UA
[QUOTE=TTT;8107945]Regarding entrance to the Crown Room, the house rules state that anyone airline, airport or travel agents on special fares cannot enter the CRC. Here is the policy:

Actually I can see where this can be somewhat ambiguous - the policy specifies airline, airport and industry employees on reduced rate fares. It does not specifically prohibit non-employees travelling on buddy passes.

The CRC staffer's comment regarding the non payment by Amex sounds kind of fishy - how would Amex know the ticket status of the card holder for any given trip?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:01 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Actually, JFK-SFO in Business or First domestic entitles one to the CRC at both the JFK and SFO ends. This is part of the deal with many of the JFK transcons (to LAX/SEA/SFO/SAN/PHX, etc.) and even BOS-LAX
I had forgotten about that promotion. Thanks for the reminder.

Originally Posted by KCnAtl
Actually I can see where this can be somewhat ambiguous - the policy specifies airline, airport and industry employees on reduced rate fares. It does not specifically prohibit non-employees travelling on buddy passes.

The CRC staffer's comment regarding the non payment by Amex sounds kind of fishy - how would Amex know the ticket status of the card holder for any given trip?
In my opinion, the important part of the regulation is the "reduced fare" part, not whether you are an industry employee. And a buddy pass is certainly a reduced fare ticket. As you said, the policy is very ambiguous.

As for the Amex excuse I can see how they would know as Delta probably provides them with that info (thats why they scan your BP and swipe your card) but as to why they would care, I have no idea.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Who Needs AF When You've Got an NW World Club

Originally Posted by Marq
You shouldn't be able to get access. The club at DCA is small. Of course, I don't know which day of the week you are travelling. Since you are flying out so early, they may let you in.

I have seen Air France pax try to get access and turned away. Only right as Air France won't let us in their club at IAD when on domestic Delta itinerary.

Good luck, if I was around, I would bring you in as guests but you are there so much earlier in the day than I.

Marc

There is an NW World Club across from gate B22 in IAD (DL's gates are B42, B44 and B46 at the other end of the concourse, but only about a 5-7 minute walk). It is a nice club; I was in there the other day.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 3:28 pm

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
Before this thread got diverted to a discussion about nonrevs, the OP had a question that I'm interested in, but as far as I could tell, the question was never definitively answered.

In my situation, I'll be on a Business Class Round-the-World ticket purchased from Delta. The beginning of the trip is:

Day 1:
HCO* - ATL on DL
ATL-PHX on DL

overnight in Phoenix

Day 2:
PHX-LAX on DL
LAX-ICN on KE

and onward.

Will I have CRC and/or BE access in ATL on day 1 or in LAX on day 2?

*HCO = my Home Commuter Outpost
Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL GM
I am pretty sure the answer is yes, but maybe someone can confirm this....i couldn't find the exact answer on DL.com...

Mrs. LLS138 if flying from MEX-SLC on a 737-800 (Business Elite), then SLC-SAN (First) on the same itinerary. Does she get access to the Aeromexico lounge in MEX and the SLC lounge on her layover? There is no Business Elite/CRC lounge in MEX.

Can anyone comment on the service on this route and plane? Not a usual BE route, does it get the same treatment or is more like a domestic FC seat.
thank

Last edited by lls138; Mar 25, 2008 at 10:57 pm
Old Mar 25, 2008, 10:59 pm

Programs: DL GM
biddy-ump
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
In my situation, I'll be on a Business Class Round-the-World ticket purchased from Delta. The beginning of the trip is:

Day 1:
ZZZ - ATL on DL
ATL-PHX on DL
I do not believe that you'll get access here. I don't think that the BP for the two segments will reflect the international J nature of the ticket, and you aren't flying international on this day.

Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Day 2:
PHX-LAX on DL
LAX-ICN on KE
Absolutely, in the KE lounge. If you are ST E (aka DL Medallion) you can go to any ST lounge with your LAX-ICN BP.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 11:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lls138
I am pretty sure the answer is yes, but maybe someone can confirm this....i couldn't find the exact answer on DL.com...

Mrs. LLS138 if flying from MEX-SLC on a 737-800 (Business Elite), then SLC-SAN (First) on the same itinerary. Does she get access to the Aeromexico lounge in MEX and the SLC lounge on her layover? There is no Business Elite/CRC lounge in MEX.

Can anyone comment on the service on this route and plane? Not a usual BE route, does it get the same treatment or is more like a domestic FC seat.
thank
No need to bump after only 6.5 hours

This is domestic F service/plane, not BizE. She should get lounge access for the same-day int'l F ticket, but Mexico can be an exception in some cases. I've never seen MEX as an exception (just CUN/CZM and other leisure destinations), but it is possible.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA GS, aa platinum, hh gold, starwood platinum
I am flying forn lga to mco in first at the end of the month. Will I be able to access the lounge because I am flying in first?

thanks
Old Apr 13, 2008, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by dick tracy
I am flying forn lga to mco in first at the end of the month. Will I be able to access the lounge because I am flying in first?
No. Lounge access is for International BusinessElite and selected Transcontinental First/Business to JFK from certain cities.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.