Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mileage Credit - Purchase B Fly G on VS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Hi All, I am just about at that point of giving up trying to obtain mileage credit with DL that should be straight forward. In December I flew LHR-SFO with a purchased B class fare on DL in VS metal and upgraded with certificate and the ticket re-issued in G class. Now, I cannot seem to obtain mileage credit for the segment LHR-SFO even though I feel it should be 1.5xMQM etc. Calls to DL Diamond line are fruitless and a request via the comment/complaint feedback remains unanswered. When calling I am told it is either queueing or ineligible for mileage credit.

My Skymiles shows the flight with 'N" status - ineligible for mileage credit.

Any ideas?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MartinG
Hi All, I am just about at that point of giving up trying to obtain mileage credit with DL that should be straight forward. In December I flew LHR-SFO with a purchased B class fare on DL in VS metal and upgraded with certificate and the ticket re-issued in G class. Now, I cannot seem to obtain mileage credit for the segment LHR-SFO even though I feel it should be 1.5xMQM etc. Calls to DL Diamond line are fruitless and a request via the comment/complaint feedback remains unanswered. When calling I am told it is either queueing or ineligible for mileage credit.

My Skymiles shows the flight with 'N" status - ineligible for mileage credit.

Any ideas?
You should get credit based on original fare class. Upgrading with a cert does not entitle one to an MQM bonus.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
You should get credit based on original fare class. Upgrading with a cert does not entitle one to an MQM bonus.
However, a DL B fare normally receives the 150% MQMs, just like purchased FULL Y would.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Refer them to the original ticket number which will show your B fare purchase, and that it was reissued with with an upgrade cert. They may only be quickly looking at the reissued ticket in G and not any notes about where the ticket came from.

Also try sending a tweet with the info and mention you've been getting a run around.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, a DL B fare normally receives the 150% MQMs, just like purchased FULL Y would.
Oops, right. I'm assuming that OP was in PE. DL uses P/A/G for PE while VS uses W/S/K/H. If it had a G fare class and VS marketing code for the flight, this would likely confuse the system as G is not a valid fare class on VS.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 2:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LBJ
Oops, right. I'm assuming that OP was in PE. DL uses P/A/G for PE while VS uses W/S/K/H. If it had a G fare class and VS marketing code for the flight, this would likely confuse the system as G is not a valid fare class on VS.
Yes, but it sounds like OP had a DL flight number (codeshare operated by VS) and DL ticket stock (I'm assuming), so the original ticket should just look like B class on DL. Since miles are based on the original fare that was purchased, 150% MQMs shouldn't be a problem, nor should DL be confused.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.