Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pics: DL 767-400 business class -with newly installed lie flat seats (and more)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2009, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by ferrarixp
Nice Pics! Thanks for the post!
One question though: Do you find the seats "accessible"? Meaning, would an elderly person who has limited mobility and strength find using the seat easy? I ask because I am considering a trip with my mother. Thanks.
I wouldn't think there would be an issue. Perhaps if you are picking a window seat, you should select an EVEN ROW as those seats are on the aisle (as opposed to up against the window) which may make it easier for her to get in/out of the seat
Old Sep 13, 2009, 12:07 am

Programs: you name it, i have it
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
I wouldn't think there would be an issue. Perhaps if you are picking a window seat, you should select an EVEN ROW as those seats are on the aisle (as opposed to up against the window) which may make it easier for her to get in/out of the seat
If your mother has limited mobility, let her sit in an even numbered row in seat A, C or D. That will allow her to get right to her seat without maneuvering over the table area. But remember, if she sits in C or D, she will have to walk over to the right side of the plane. Also, while it would be easy to seat her in row 2 since it is close to the exit. The bathrooms are in the back of BE, so you might want to choose row 8 as it will be easier for her to get to one of them. Of course, that makes leaving the plane a bit more of a challenge, but depending on the length of your flight, the bathroom will be more important than a speedy deplane.

Lastly, to talk comfortably, sit in seats B&C -- , because if you are in A&B, as an example, she will have to twist to her right every time you and she speak, and you will have to lean over your table to see/hear her. Seats B&C are next to each other, even though there is a table in between you.

Hope that is helpful.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HIlton Diamond
I am booked on NW 754 for tomorrow in J. Strangely, the Delta website shows a 767-300ER while the NW web site shows 10 rows up front (meaning it is a 767-400 (76D)). According to an earlier post, I should be on the 76D, thankfully. Should I keep my hopes up?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
I am flying on NW754 in a a little over an hour. From what I have seen its a 767-400. I will be able to post once I get on the flight but you should be fine.

I'm sitting in 01-D as 01-A was already taken. Do not bother with the Delta seat maps, the NW seat maps are the only one that matters as its a NW flight. Delta still has not gotten the seat issues worked out on the DL site. If you picked seats on the DL site forget about them, 90% of the time you will get a diffrent seat unless you go to the NW site and pick your seats.

I hope it gets all sorted out once its all under the DL booking engine and not this linked crap
Old Sep 29, 2009, 8:18 pm

Programs: Priority Pass, DL SM, UA G, VA GM, SPG GM, HHonors GM, Marriott PM
I am now sitting in the new seats so you should not worry. Unless they change metal and sub in a 767-300 you will be in the new cabin.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 10:44 am

Nice. Will let you know if I get switched.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 10:28 pm
Suspended

How Are New 764 BE Flat Beds Holding Up?

Early reports on multiple sites were that the materials were cheap and flimsy.

How are they holding up?

Personally I think CO trumped DL with their new BF.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 9:43 am

I think it is a weird setup. I think a lot of width was wasted and it isnt very egonomic. As somebody stated it does feel tight even though there are only 4 seats across! I didn't notice that it felt especially cheap though.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
Terribly disappointed with the lie-flat seats in BE on 767-400

Did not do exhaustive search, searched for 767-400 flat and no one thread seemed to be a general discussion. If it exists, please move this to that thread.

Was excited about the opportunity to try out the new 767-400 lie flat seats on my recent flight from USA to LHR. Sadly, I was extremely disappointed by the seat.

Fully upright as a seat or completely flat as a bed, I found neither position comfortable. The design is too tight. I am 5'11, 200, and both my shoulders were pinched in on the hard sides of the seat. The seat is hard as a true 'seat'. The tray table was difficult to return to its position. Very unusual implementation compared to most planes. The video screen position cannot be adjusted very much.

I sat there trying to think of something nice to say as I knew I was going to review the seat, and I honestly found nothing.

It would probably be okay for a very tiny person, but even then, the claustrophobia might kick in when fully reclined and in the coffin like atmosphere it produces.

All-in-all, I hope I get a chance to review the trip and let Delta know. Personally, I think they should halt any further reconfigurations to this type of seat/bed.

It is really too bad as it sounded so nice and DL has touted it so highly.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
I take it you managed to find your gate at JFK.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:35 pm

From what I've read, your review is spot on. Unfortunately they wanted to get 40 seats into a space where other airlines would put 30-36 (LAN has full flat beds in J on a 767). However, most 767 competitors do NOT have a full flat bed in J and, if they do, there are less seats.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:46 pm

Programs: DL PLAT and 2MM;AA EXP;MR GOLD;PC Gold
Yes, see my non-event report under the original thread. It was no big deal after all, but I had heard so many bad things about JFK. It is rather dingy, and too bad this is the first view of America for many visitors, but of course EWR does not win yard of the month either.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2MM; Hilton Diamond; IC Spire Ambassador
This just goes to show that individuals can vary alot in their preferences. I am 6" 1" and, let's just say, ahem, significantly greater than 200 lbs. I have flown the new seat configuration roundtrip to LHR several times now since last summer. I find the new seats to be a significant improvement.

I agree with the OP that the seat feels a bit narrow, and that taking out and returning the tray is way more confusing than it should be. On one of my flights last summer there was a Delta person whose job it was to observe pax using the new seats and report on our experiences (IIRC this was subsequently noted on FT as DL put such folks on a number of flights). On my flights, the DL person both times commented that the tray issue needs to be fixed.

On the seat as bed, however, I find it very comfortable. In many years of flying DL and AF in TATL J class, these were the first seats that provided a near-bed comfortable enough for me to actually sleep, not doze, for a few hours. And, while I can understand how some would find them claustrophobic, I found them to be just private enough for my taste. I like to be more or less left alone except to receive meals and, most importantly drinks. Particularly when in row 1 with a "cabin" that walls off the aisle from me when the seat is reclined, I'm pretty happy. Again, YMMV, just a different perspective on things.
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
If these are the same style seats that are on the 777LR aircraft, I agree.The old BE seats were more comfortable. I've had the 777LR upgrade between LAX-ATL and that was enough for me to decide to book coach twice to SYD.

MO
Old Feb 23, 2010, 10:06 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I agree with the OP that they are very tight. I'm 6'2" and haven't seen 200 lbs in decades. But I do have to say I slept better than I have on any J seat. I am a side sleeper, so maybe that helps. For me, it'd be toss up between these seats and the WBC pods. And much better than the J seats on the AF 777 I flew last fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.