Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Honolulu HNL Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:11 am

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
The NW World Club was located almost next door tp the CO club. When I was there
I had a 4 hour time before departure so I was going back and fourth using both clubs.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
NW World Club is now closed. And President's Club admittance is now only for those traveling on CO with a AMEX Plat card, a PC member card or a foreign flag Star Alliance carrier. IMHO, DL is stalling on the license. Even in the People's Republic Of Hawai'i it doesn't take almost a year to straighten out.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Yeah. I have a 12 hour layover in Feb. It is a shame that I have a NW Lifetime now Delta Lifetime Club Membership and cannot even enjoy a cocktail.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by darksidesith
Yeah. I have a 12 hour layover in Feb. It is a shame that I have a NW Lifetime now Delta Lifetime Club Membership and cannot even enjoy a cocktail.
For a 12 hour layover I'd leave the airport and head somewhere else. Honolulu itself is a 15-20 minute cab ride away.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA, EXP. DL, DM 1MM. HHonors, Diamond. Hertz, PC. National, EE.
Originally Posted by mersk862
For a 12 hour layover I'd leave the airport and head somewhere else. Honolulu itself is a 15-20 minute cab ride away.
That is one expensive cab ride for a couple of drinks.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:12 am

Programs: Recovering Delta SkyMiles Addict--Now Gold with AAdvantage
Originally Posted by mcmitchell
That is one expensive cab ride for a couple of drinks.
There are relatively cheap shuttles to Waikiki, and for a real adventure there's The Bus. For about two bucks you get a lovely tour of the industrial district and get to meet some local characters on your hour and a half ride to Waikiki or Ala Moana Mall. My cousin is one of those "adventure traveller" types, and he loved it.

BTW, it might actually take this long for Delta to get their liquor license moved here in the People's Republic of Hawaii. The State was slow before it went broke, and now . . . well it ain't any better.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:12 pm

Smile

TheBus which leaves from 2 stops on the upper level now costs $2.25 for non seniors. Just make sure it says Waikiki on the front. It takes about 1 hour after you board and can be faster than waiting for the shuttle to fill up. To return catch either a 19 or 20. A transfer canl allow a timely return for free.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Even if you were to take one of the Shuttles, it's not so bad. $15/person (if more than 2, then cab would be cheaper) and can spend the day on Waikiki. Cab each way is about $25 - I'd gladly spend $50 to not have to spend 12 hours in an airport and spend it in a bit nicer of an area.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver, Best West Gold, United Gold
Never checked bags that early. I am not an elite but do have first class to and from hnl all the way on ua. Will they let me check bags as I am getting off the cruise ship in the morn but flight isn't till 1130 pm
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darksidesith
Never checked bags that early. I am not an elite but do have first class to and from hnl all the way on ua. Will they let me check bags as I am getting off the cruise ship in the morn but flight isn't till 1130 pm
Yes - you can check bags at any time of the day for any Delta flight, as long as the flight is that same day.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:05 am

Liquor

As of 2/22, still no liquor license. A request at the desk resulted in 2 drink vouchers for the upstairs bar. Was asked for choice of beer, wine or liquor. Apparently only valid for house brands. No Manhattan, no Jack and Coke, but OK for Jim and Coke.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 3:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
As of 2/22, still no liquor license. A request at the desk resulted in 2 drink vouchers for the upstairs bar. Was asked for choice of beer, wine or liquor. Apparently only valid for house brands. No Manhattan, no Jack and Coke, but OK for Jim and Coke.
Thanks for the update. DL

For beer- that's the KOA brewing company up top right? Did this include KOA brew's? Nice to know I didn't miss out on anything special...
Old Feb 27, 2010, 6:52 pm

I went out the door of the lounge and took the stairs about 50 feet to the right. At the top, to the right, was the Dewars Clubhouse (HMSHOST). They had about 4 beers on tap, but I had liquor vouchers, so I didn't notice what they were. Liquor would have been $7.49 plus .35 tax each. The first time I saw this thread, I was not concerned, since for my benefit, DL had 6 month's to correct the problem. Now they have a year.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Glad to hear about the vouchers

I'm a teetotaler, but nonetheless glad to hear the HNL SC has come up with some kind of stop-gap measure 'til they get a liquor license. I do find myself wondering a bit if they'll redesign the food service area when they add a bar - I was in there yesterday morning and once you have about four people between the counter and the wall at the same time, it gets gridlocked.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:01 pm

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Still no license as of today. The lounge was packed - one woman ended up sitting in one of the office/workcenter chairs before she gave up andd left.

Very unimpressed - reminds me of the "closet" lounge in ATL.

Am currently sitting in the LAX club - only a few seats here.

The Skyclub product is not worth paying for like it used to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.