Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Tokyo Narita NRT Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Jan 18, 2016, 7:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I did a T1 to T2 connection a while back, the bus left from a normal "gate" in T1 so I was airside at that point just like a passenger departing from T1. [I would have gone through the usual T1 connections security check when getting off of the TATL flight.] The bus service was infrequent (and required taking the correct bus that was funded by the airline to which you were connecting) so it required lots and lots of time. Upon arrival at T2, there was a window checking boarding passes again and then a security check before I could get to a T2 lounge (IIRC JAL for a QF flight).

IIRC I first used a DL SC before switching to the other terminal because I remember someone that I'm sure was a lounge dragon telling me to allow time for the T1 bus, which stopped operation fairly early in the evening. However, if you're connecting to a nonSkyTeam carrier, I would expect that you would not be admitted to the SC now. You should check the access rules carefully for your situation and carry a printout if you find something that says you can use the SC in your situation.

BTW there are one or two landside PP lounges in T2, but they're not particularly good--the SCs at NRT are much better. There might also be a lounge in T2 that you can pay to use.
Old Oct 25, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I read quite a bit about how NRT sky clubs are the best in the system. Is that still the case? i was there today (one by gate 15 and the other by gate 22). Both were decent lounges but the food was abysmal.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I'd say that the NRT lounges previously stood out ahead of other lounges, however with some of the 'flagship' lounges now at ATL and JFK as well as others having the enhanced food/buffet options it has become less clear.

In my opinion... softdrink selection in NRT is better than other clubs with a wide variety. Beer is good with the two auto pour machines, plus sake and wines. Hard liquor is fair/poor selection. I've seen the food improve over the past year or two at NRT with different offerings now in addition to the sushi and soups. A few weeks ago I saw edamame, sushi, teriyaki, tofu rice roll, and some other things.
Old May 18, 2017, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
NRT Terminal1 #1 Satellite SkyClub Permantly Closed,

Not too surprised, Delta has permanently closed Skyclub in #1 Satellite at Tokyo/Narita, effective May 16, 2017. It was one of the best reviewed Skyclubs until domestic lounge updates....
Effective May 16, 2017, Delta Sky Club at Satellite 1 in Narita Airport (NRT) will permanently close its doors. We would like to invite you to enjoy our refreshed Club located at Satellite 2.
I don't believe there was any notice when I visited the lounge in April...

Jiburi

P.S.-Looks like there are only two remaining skyclub operating outside of US, Tokyo-Narita and Santiago Chile.

Last edited by jiburi; May 18, 2017 at 8:33 pm
Old May 19, 2017, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow, as you said we expected that to be coming with the reduction in flights, but figured there would've been more notice.

Now... I forget. Is the one that is left open the 'better' one with the nicer/larger shower rooms? I can imagine it will become quite crowded now, since even with the flight reduction the clubs could get busy during the intl afternoon arrival rush.
Old May 19, 2017, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by rylan
Wow, as you said we expected that to be coming with the reduction in flights, but figured there would've been more notice.

Now... I forget. Is the one that is left open the 'better' one with the nicer/larger shower rooms?
Notice was in the Sky Magazine airport map for NRT last month and this month.

Yes, the remaining SC at NRT is/was the better of the two SCs.
Old May 19, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guess I missed the notice or was half asleep... I usually read through the sky mag every month.

Glad they kept the better SC. Would love to hear from some visitors how the crowds are.
Old May 20, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rylan
Guess I missed the notice or was half asleep... I usually read through the sky mag every month.

Glad they kept the better SC. Would love to hear from some visitors how the crowds are.
Won't know until Q4 this year. Nothing planned before that. Sure someone else on here will be there first!
Old May 25, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
I'll be there in two weeks...will file a report
Old May 25, 2017, 7:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Here is my report from today:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...b-closure.html

As of last week, Delta closed the Sky Club lounge at Satellite 1, which had been one of its two lounges in its ever-shrinking Narita hub.

Satellite 1 is now pretty much a ghost town with the closure. Even the gift shop was closed when I walked by today.

This was probably a given what with Delta eliminating a significant number of intra-Asia flights over the last three years. Only the Satellite 2 location remains open. It was standing room-only this afternoon, as there aren't nearly enough seats and tables for peak hours.

Interestingly, there is a large sign near the now-closed location saying the remaining Sky Club has been "improved."

The only difference I noticed was the addition of pasta and a different style chicken brochette. Everything else is the same. Magazines are also gone, except for Delta's magazines. Newspaper selection remains good.
Old May 25, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Interestingly, there is a large sign near the now-closed location saying the remaining Sky Club has been "improved."
Hah. AFAIR, no improvements have been made in the last 8 years or so, other than minor cosmetic changes. In fact the SC looks slightly shabby. Still a lack of toilets for the volume of customers at peak times. Still a lack of power points for most of the seating. Still no printer/copier/fax machine. Food selection has been reduced over the years also.

I may sound negative but I actually like the place. Probably been in it a 100 times over then last 8 years. It is still far better than many other lounges but it is fading fast.
Old May 25, 2017, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by fpmurphy
Hah. AFAIR, no improvements have been made in the last 8 years or so, other than minor cosmetic changes. In fact the SC looks slightly shabby. Still a lack of toilets for the volume of customers at peak times. Still a lack of power points for most of the seating. Still no printer/copier/fax machine. Food selection has been reduced over the years also.

I may sound negative but I actually like the place. Probably been in it a 100 times over then last 8 years. It is still far better than many other lounges but it is fading fast.
The staff are what make it amazing. Narita has the best Delta staff. I feel sorry for the ones who have been let go in the last year or two, as Delta downsizes its operation. I hope they were hired by other airlines.

I agree that the remaining Sky Club could be improved, but it is still night and day better than the Korean Air lounge.

The food is different than last month. Yesterday, thad an Italian-style pasta dish and a Western vegetarian dish besides the usual fayre.

I also thought there were considerably more seats -- likely moved over from the old lounge, when it closed. However, there was zero space at 2-ish p.m. which is peak time for U.S.-bound passengers.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:48 am

Shower

Flying business Delta One to NRT as final destination. Will I have access to a shower on arrival?
Old May 27, 2017, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jpaxton
Flying business Delta One to NRT as final destination. Will I have access to a shower on arrival?
No. You won't be able to physically get to the club unlike a transfer passenger.
Old May 27, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Was there a couple days ago, it was SUPER crowded at peak time, didn't even bother to try the shower. Food and drink offerings remain good

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.